The big question for those of little faith is by Piscator
Sphere is by Champagne

In pairing 3
When once a scribbler... is by tods

In pairing 5
Evanescent Haikus are by Tzara

In pairing 7
Untitled is by Remec
Rememories of Love, Past, Present, and Future is by GP (in any case not mine for those who thought it is)

In pairing 8
Some Polaroids, Found in a Shoebox Stuffed Away in the Attic is by Tzara

In pairing 9
Phoenix is by Piscator

In pairing 10
Untitled is by Mer

In pairing 11
plot tensions in the book of love is by butters

In pairing 12
Changing Chemistry sounds like GM to me, too
Swapping Sciences is Remec

In pairing 13
Vernal blurt is by Always Hungry (and whoever wrote it, great poem and kudos on using "concupiscence" which made me think it had to be written by someone who knows Wallace Stevens)

Anyway my guesses likely suck as usual but man what good writing this challenge produced. Thank you Trix for shepherding this great challenge through its twists and turns. One of my New Year's resolutions is to improve (like from zero lol) at guessing your poems. :)

A few guesses, which are probably wrong:

In pairing 2
Sphere is by Champagne

In pairing 3
When once a scribbler... is by tods

In pairing 5
Evanescent Haikus are by Tzara

In pairing 7
Untitled is by Remec
Rememories of Love, Past, Present, and Future is by GP (in any case not mine for those who thought it is)

In pairing 8
Some Polaroids, Found in a Shoebox Stuffed Away in the Attic is by Tzara

In pairing 9
Phoenix is by Piscator

In pairing 10
Untitled is by Mer

In pairing 11
plot tensions in the book of love is by butters

In pairing 12
Changing Chemistry sounds like GM to me, too
Swapping Sciences is Remec

In pairing 13
Vernal blurt is by Always Hungry (and whoever wrote it, great poem and kudos on using "concupiscence" which made me think it had to be written by someone who knows Wallace Stevens)

Anyway my guesses likely suck as usual but man what good writing this challenge produced. Thank you Trix for shepherding this great challenge through its twists and turns. One of my New Year's resolutions is to improve (like from zero lol) at guessing your poems. :)
you found me - well, one of them - so you're guessing's getting better already :D
the content kinda gave it away, no? lol

you found me - well, one of them - so you're guessing's getting better already :D
the content kinda gave it away, no? lol

Yes and yours was the first one I guessed and right off, too, because of the content. It's a lovely poem about you and Mr. H. :rose:

Yes and yours was the first one I guessed and right off, too, because of the content. It's a lovely poem about you and Mr. H. :rose:

It's my belief part 1 is Mr. H himself.........? A natural pairing for Trix. The two poems mesh so well.

I agree that this challenge produced a lot of good writing. It's truly been a pleasure to host and boy am I glad to be behind the curtain on this one. I would not have faired well at the guessing.

Todd and PensivePoet used to be able to pick me out immediately but I stopped leaving all the lines capped and now they have to hunt to spot me as well. I'm still experimenting and trying to stretch myself, I rarely know where I'm going to go next, so I can see how pinning me down could be tricky. One of these days one of the voices in my head will shout the rest down and I'll settle into a more defined style, or not, lol.

It's my belief part 1 is Mr. H himself.........? A natural pairing for Trix. The two poems mesh so well.

Nope, he didn't join us for this challenge.

For the record, all the pairings were random, each person getting the piece of the one who submitted before them, with the 1st person getting the last submitter's piece. There was an exception, two late submitters exchanged pieces.

So there are two pairing of the same two poets and the rest are all serendipitously mixed.

Last edited:
I agree that this challenge produced a lot of good writing. It's truly been a pleasure to host and boy am I glad to be behind the curtain on this one. I would not have faired well at the guessing.

Todd and PensivePoet used to be able to pick me out immediately but I stopped leaving all the lines capped and now they have to hunt to spot me as well. I'm still experimenting and trying to stretch myself, I rarely know where I'm going to go next, so I can see how pinning me down could be tricky. One of these days one of the voices in my head will shout the rest down and I'll settle into a more defined style, or not, lol.

I think most of us are getting tricky with these "guess who" challenges. Really looking forward to seeing the who's who!

Nope, he didn't join us for this challenge.

For the record, all the pairings were random, each person getting the piece of the one who submitted before them, with the 1st person getting the last submitter's piece. There was an exception, two late submitters exchanged pieces.

So there are two pairing of the same two poets and the rest are all serendipitously mixed.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't accusing you of stacking the deck! :eek:

LOL, didn't think you were. Was just letting y'all know how the pairings came about and giving you a weensy bit of info to aid in the guessing.

I did not know whether your pick choices were sequential or random or if you paired certain folks intentionally. I have to admit I considered all three possibilities. :eek:

So what conclusions can we draw from how well these pairings mesh? I'm sure we all wondered whose poems we had to inspire our own, but we didn't know. I think, like Piscator said in his holiday swap poem that "we play for each other." We really do and have done it so often now and even just read each other so often, that we know how to play off each other even when we don't know who the other is!

No, you got one of mine also. (But I'll be sly for a few days and leave you guessing which one it was hehehe :devil:)

:cool:

Regarding "Scribbler" --

i'm thinking honey adored or mer *frowns*
this is hard

Taking nothing away from the poet TBD, it does have the butters' signature IMO.

Is poetic licentious incest among PF&D poets acceptable according to Lit guidelines?:D

That one jumped out at me right away as one of Mer's. It includes one of her favorite words, "assuaged"; it has a list ("a pain, a hurt, a loss") which suggests to me either Mer or John Donne ;) ; and it has a participle adjective ("freeing") without an article. I stumble just a little on the last line ("what once inside now glistens on the page") but generally I think this one is one of her best.

The thing that really works for me is the dual track of meaning. The poem is about this challenge, about the response of one poet to another. It's also about poetry itself. IMHO. :heart:

No, you got one of mine also. (But I'll be sly for a few days and leave you guessing which one it was hehehe :devil:)

I got three right so far! AH just shot down my theory about "Scribbler" though. Oh well. :)

I got three right so far! AH just shot down my theory about "Scribbler" though. Oh well. :)

Regarding "Scribbler" --

That one jumped out at me right away as one of Mer's. It includes one of her favorite words, "assuaged"; it has a list ("a pain, a hurt, a loss") which suggests to me either Mer or John Donne ;) ; and it has a participle adjective ("freeing") without an article. I stumble just a little on the last line ("what once inside now glistens on the page") but generally I think this one is one of her best.

The thing that really works for me is the dual track of meaning. The poem is about this challenge, about the response of one poet to another. It's also about poetry itself. IMHO. :heart:

To be honest, I like the contrast between the image I have of "scribble" and what "glistens on the page," although repetition as in "what was once inside as scribble" I think may have packed a little more punch.

A few guesses, which are probably wrong:

In pairing 2
Sphere is by Champagne

In pairing 9
Phoenix is by Piscator

You've got 5 now - well done

When I read you now, I hear your voice in my head. I'll see you Sunday Merry. :kiss:
i messed that up Sphere isn't mine. i forgot what i'd titled my poem .. shhh .. lol sorry ange and the poet who wrote Sphere.. it's a good poem well done

Back