Writing Live Challenge

Lyricalli

Strange Little Bug
Harry suggested a challenge to do a live write a day for 30 days. Mrtenant has already jumped in with both feet, so here's what I'm proposing: A sort of rolling 30-day challenge between now and lasting through January. So, if you'd like to start now, go for it, if you want to start in five days, all good, if you want to start on Dec 29th or Jan 1, then happy new year!

If you're doing the challenge, please just number your entries in the title or at the top of the text box so we know who's participating. Like in the 30/30 thread, where not everyone is on the same schedule. But, please do start by January 2, so you can get your 30 days in before the end of January. How does that sound?

Edit for alternative rules: Write 30 live poems in the writing live thread by the end of January :D

We'll just be using the existing writing live thread for the challenge. Feel free to use this thread for any comments or discussion :)

From smithpeter, the rules of the writing live thread:
~no cheating allowed~
take all the time you want but start and finish your piece without leaving.
Don't edit either. Seeing your typos is like seeing your underwear when you did not want it to show. All the more delightful.
It must be erotic. Need not be disgusting, but what the hell, why not if that is your cup of tea or coffee.

rules: Don't pull it in from someplace else. Write now and spontaneously combust.

Don't be afraid to be a fool. I know about that stuff.
:devil:

Last edited:
Harry suggested a challenge to do a live write a day for 30 days. Mrtenant has already jumped in with both feet, so here's what I'm proposing: A sort of rolling 30-day challenge between now and lasting through January. So, if you'd like to start now, go for it, if you want to start in five days, all good, if you want to start on Dec 29th or Jan 1, then happy new year!

If you're doing the challenge, please just number your entries in the title or at the top of the text box so we know who's participating. Like in the 30/30 thread, where not everyone is on the same schedule. But, please do start by January 2, so you can get your 30 days in before the end of January. How does that sound?

We'll just be using the existing writing live thread for the challenge. Feel free to use this thread for any comments or discussion :)

From smithpeter, the rules of the writing live thread:

Must be erotic? For 30 days! If we are doing that....please say so, I'll continue in that vein

Must be erotic? For 30 days! If we are doing that....please say so, I'll continue in that vein

I think the erotic requirement wasn't adhered to over time. I just copy and pasted the entire original post from the thread. So tired, I didn't even notice the erotic part :D

Erotic, not erotic, the important thing is just to get the writing done, I think. :)

I think the erotic requirement wasn't adhered to over time. I just copy and pasted the entire original post from the thread. So tired, I didn't even notice the erotic part :D

Erotic, not erotic, the important thing is just to get the writing done, I think. :)

Sounds good.

I was thinking....(yes I know, dangerous) It would be fairly humorous if there were 3 or 4 of us writing erotic poetry daily for 30 days all piled into one thread.

Sounds good.

I was thinking....(yes I know, dangerous) It would be fairly humorous if there were 3 or 4 of us writing erotic poetry daily for 30 days all piled into one thread.

You're not wrong hehe

Maybe we can do that in February :heart: ;)

Can one postdate recent posts?

Well, the writing live challenge is supposed to be for writing every day for 30 days, so if you're written live poems on consecutive days (like a 30/30), but forgot to number them, sure, you could go back and count them. :)

I wasn't saying one write every day for thirty days, just saying use the thread for challenge submissions.
but...
Have fun either way. ;)

:eek:
Oh well, I was born to fail. I think you must be chaneling Annie at the bar. You can't sit in that chair again. :D
Can we make more rules like every fifth write has to be in iambic jive-ameter?

Oh well, I was born to fail. I think you must be chaneling Annie at the bar. You can't sit in that chair again. :D

I will take that into consideration. ;)

Mr T has inspired me.

I am in. Idk if I will succeed.. but I am going to at least start.

Good to see you folks. It has been awhile.

Me too.. I thought we were writing 30 poems between the start of the challenge and January 31. If I wanted 30 in 30, I'd have written in the 30 in 30?

I don't have my continuation in me today. I will look at it tomorrow, but if the challenge was live writes for 30 in 30, what's the point? Let me know, Lyricalli or whoever is in charge, please? K

Me too.. I thought we were writing 30 poems between the start of the challenge and January 31. If I wanted 30 in 30, I'd have written in the 30 in 30?

I don't have my continuation in me today. I will look at it tomorrow, but if the challenge was live writes for 30 in 30, what's the point? Let me know, Lyricalli or whoever is in charge, please? K

I changed it to 30 by the end of January. You're all good. New rule edit has been added to the original post.

I changed it to 30 by the end of January. You're all good. New rule edit has been added to the original post.

Thank you (and Harry) for running this so seamlessly. Having it run in a preexisting thread is fine imo. People who want to write in the thread but not participate in the challenge will continue to do so and challenge participants know who they are and how many days they're taking, right? :)

Also it's great to see Cassie and Mrtenant back here writing again. I apologize for not being around lately. COPD sucks is all I have to say. Not that I'm needed...just this is my home. :heart:

Ok. Back into dormouse mode!

PS Smithpeter hated chitchat in poem threads so thank you for keeping it in this thread Calli so kindly created.

I apologize for not being around lately. COPD sucks is all I have to say. Not that I'm needed...just this is my home. :heart:

Ok. Back into dormouse mode!

Sorry you've been having a rough time of it, and I'm so glad to see you've posted. Your absence is noticed, and you are missed. I hope you're feeling better soon. :heart:

Sorry you've been having a rough time of it, and I'm so glad to see you've posted. Your absence is noticed, and you are missed. I hope you're feeling better soon. :heart:

Thank you. :heart:

I saw your comment about your rewrite for Writing Live today. To my thinking the thread (and therefore the challenge) simply requires a live write as opposed to an edit where you'd rework a previous draft. Reimagining a poem is not editing, even if said poem is on the same subject or contains some of the same phrases. If you don't have an earlier draft in front of you, where you're deleting this or adding that and so forth you're writing live.

I'm sure some will disagree with that but it's my opinion!

:rose:

Thank you. :heart:

I saw your comment about your rewrite for Writing Live today. To my thinking the thread (and therefore the challenge) simply requires a live write as opposed to an edit where you'd rework a previous draft. Reimagining a poem is not editing, even if said poem is on the same subject or contains some of the same phrases. If you don't have an earlier draft in front of you, where you're deleting this or adding that and so forth you're writing live.

I'm sure some will disagree with that but it's my opinion!

:rose:

That was my feeling about it. I didn't even glance at the earlier one, just opened up a notepad page and wrote out the current one. I purposefully wrote it away from here to cut and paste, so I wouldn't be able to reference it at all, which is why I figured it still played within the rules. Writing live is a bit of a challenge for me, because I do self edit as I write, fixing as I go, and it's an impulse that's difficult to ignore.

been too busy to join in until these last few days (and even now i should still be doing other stuff but an ear infection's putting a cramp in plans) but been enjoying reading everyone's pieces. not sure i can make the full tally but we'll see where it takes us all. the journey of creativity's reward in itself. thankyou!

Back