Writing Live Challenge

I just spent time reading the Writing Live poems so far. Some gold in that thread.

Agreed, wishing I had more time, and or a muse at the moment I couldn’t write anything to save my life, let alone trying to write something decent.

Are you joining?

Oh goodness! I've written a couple of what I think are stinkers, but I shall persevere. This exercise is humbling and proving difficult. Cool challenge though

Let's hope so. :) There's quite a few that would fit right in her thread. What can I do to get you writing again? I need to myself.

I’ve been pondering it and I tried to put something down yesterday and the phone went flat so, it went the way of the dodo

I’ll see how I go today and tomorrow

Oh goodness! I've written a couple of what I think are stinkers, but I shall persevere. This exercise is humbling and proving difficult. Cool challenge though

We all write those, but I’m sure amongst the stinkers will be some gems you’re too good a writer in my opinion to throw out too many that aren’t at the very least good ;)

I find it perfectly okay to write anything for this challenge as long as it is poetry to me. I know, really know, that some pieces will suck, need improvement, have typos, be something that seems partially done, or be pretty good, or excellent, as the case may be. I have no expectations thst every piece has to be amazing and spectacular. Its just not gonna happen that way.

I often think of writing as something like treasure hunting. If you never look, you are less likely to find anything. If you look for treasure, you may find nothing, you may find junk, you may find a real jewel. Just keep hunting.

I love all the entries from everyone. Keep at, poets!😊 Do what poets do.

it is, indeed, a challenge. I'm a slowish writer, and not editing myself as I'm writing is pretty foreign to me. I've never been one to just write and then edit later; I'm constantly diddling around with words and phrases as I'm writing. Fighting that urge is tough!

Angie, your #3 is so perfectly, beautifully mournful, and I feel it, and I feel for you. I know it was a live write, but right now, I can't imagine wanting to see one word changed. :heart:

Angie, your #3 is so perfectly, beautifully mournful, and I feel it, and I feel for you. I know it was a live write, but right now, I can't imagine wanting to see one word changed. :heart:

Was pretty good, made me sad for her loss. :rose:

Thank you both. It's a very mournful poem, I know. I don't always feel that way but I read a poem (in a novel I'm reading) about grief that really moved me. And I do miss eagleyez every day but not in such a crushing way. Christmas can be rough though...that's partly it, too...he really loved Christmas. :heart:

And I've got to say, you poets are making some magical live writes. butters most recent entry is gorgeous as are the last two from Cassie. Mrtenant has some fine sensual writes and Calli's #7 is just hawt! Oh and Champ's skin poem is tres sexy, whereas Harry's trees poem is just lovely and a fine companion to his missus' nature writes.

I have no clue how many poems I'll write by the end of the challenge but writing at all is a win, right? :rose:s by the dozen to you all!

Thank you both. It's a very mournful poem, I know. I don't always feel that way but I read a poem (in a novel I'm reading) about grief that really moved me. And I do miss eagleyez every day but not in such a crushing way. Christmas can be rough though...that's partly it, too...he really loved Christmas. :heart:

Loss is so universal, and when it's written so well, so poignantly, it's impossible not to connect to. I find it rather comforting to fall into that kind of sadness, the human connection of it.

Calli's #7 is just hawt!

I have no clue how many poems I'll write by the end of the challenge but writing at all is a win, right? :rose:s by the dozen to you all!

Thank you That one was a bit of a ride with a sharp left turn in my brain, so it still feels pretty odd to me. :D

Not sure how many I'll get to either, and I agree that the writing itself is a win. I'm glad it's gotten the participation it has, and glad Harry suggested the idea. It's been good reading. :)

Tods, today's live write is a stunner, just powerful. Wow!

~ Ange, who is sleepless in Jersey :D

Tods, today's live write is a stunner, just powerful. Wow!

~ Ange, who is sleepless in Jersey :D

Well Ange I hope your sleeplessness didn’t add any extra weight to that piece, that being said a comment like that from you, well I’m charmed ;)

Well Ange I hope your sleeplessness didn’t add any extra weight to that piece, that being said a comment like that from you, well I’m charmed ;)

It's really that good imo. I just reread it and felt the same. :rose:

there's that unexpected pleasure of poetical whiplash reading through different poets' voices in the writing live thread... shakes my brain up!

a journey through sultry-romantics and poignant loss, buttons and bloodstains. those last 3 in particular–as per Angie, H and todski–really had my emotional landscape car-crashed and rolled mid-air

"passion speaks in many voices"
whispers as powerful as shouts
moreso

thankyou, A. beautiful write embodying the emotional landscape of living on beyond loss, the play of contrasting colours/shapes (bricks/wheels), motion v inactivity, the scent of peace, translucence/opacity of water...liquid, solid, gas

Last edited:
"passion speaks in many voices"
whispers as powerful as shouts
moreso

thankyou, A. beautiful write embodying the emotional landscape of living on beyond loss, the play of contrasting colours/shapes (bricks/wheels), motion v inactivity, the scent of peace, translucence/opacity of water...liquid, solid, gas

Your poems, all of you in the thread, are inspiring me. :heart::heart::heart:

there's that unexpected pleasure of poetical whiplash reading through different poets' voices in the writing live thread... shakes my brain up!
/QUOTE]

I had this experience just now too, reading through all of the really good writes.

I had a down week after Christmas and many things did not happen, but I am back to it and hope to complete. However, as many of you have said - the writing is a win, regardless of just how many we write.

happy new year to each of you
:rose:

Back