Equinoxe.

Queersetti

Bastardo Suave
Please do me 2 favors.

First, stick around.

Second, tell Laurel that I found you in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced you to come back.

Please do me 2 favors.

First, stick around.

Second, tell Laurel that I found you in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced you to come back.

I'll see what I can do; I am already posting far more than I originally intended when I first returned. And I did tell Fata the other day that I would make a [limited] return if someone could correctly guess the song stuck in my head (which has yet to happen).

On a challenge rating scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.5, if 1 is something clichédly catchy like "It's a Small World" or the Theme to the Andy Griffith Show and 10 is, I don't know, say M.L. West's reconstruction of the Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal or the musical rendition of William Cullen Bryant's "Thanatopsis" from the Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast episode "Terminal".

also,
[in a monotone voice like a hostage being forced to read propaganda]
Laurel, Q found me in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced me to come back.

I'll see what I can do; I am already posting far more than I originally intended when I first returned. And I did tell Fata the other day that I would make a [limited] return if someone could correctly guess the song stuck in my head (which has yet to happen).

On a challenge rating scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.5, if 1 is something clichédly catchy like "It's a Small World" or the Theme to the Andy Griffith Show and 10 is, I don't know, say M.L. West's reconstruction of the Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal or the musical rendition of William Cullen Bryant's "Thanatopsis" from the Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast episode "Terminal".

also,
Laurel, Q found me in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced me to come back.

Damn, I was going to guess the Thanatopsis. I guess I'll have to go with my second choice, the Rooftop Singers version of "Walk Right In".

Thanks on the Laurel thing. When I came back from my hiatus, she requested that I send word back to wherever the smart ex-posters were hiding and implore them to come back. So, this makes me look good, and now maybe she'll give me the power to change people's avs.

Actually, that may not be necessary, as it appears Laurel may have found that bar already, herself.

Damn, I was going to guess the Thanatopsis. I guess I'll have to go with my second choice, the Rooftop Singers version of "Walk Right In".

Thanks on the Laurel thing. When I came back from my hiatus, she requested that I send word back to wherever the smart ex-posters were hiding and implore them to come back. So, this makes me look good, and now maybe she'll give me the power to change people's avs.

In retrospect, it does seem far too obvious a choice to merit a challenge rating of 10, but, alas, that die has been cast and the scale is set.

But sadly no, 'tis not any version of "Walk Right In".

You are welcome (and thank you!), I must admit I had wondered why you asked—tragically Laurel seems to have disappeared since. A mystery is afoot. I trust you will use your power wisely should she reappear and grant you it.

Lorilei said:
I'm guessing "One Night in Bangkok".

Also, sadly no. Nor is it anything else sung by Murray Head, or containing songs sung by him, nor any other version of anything of which there is a version which features him.

Last edited:
You are supposed to be doing whatever you feel is best. I have confidence in you. I have faith in you. I … don't know you.

And, for the record, not especially, no.

I'm called a lot of things but you can call me Ann. What I do best is piss people off. I was trying something different...but, oh well.

Everly Brothers?

I'm called a lot of things but you can call me Ann. What I do best is piss people off. I was trying something different...but, oh well.

Everly Brothers?

These things happen sometimes.

Sadly, also no. Although you are vaguely on the right track in the sense that the artist in question's name begins with the letter E.

These things happen sometimes.

Sadly, also no. Although you are vaguely on the right track in the sense that the artist in question's name begins with the letter E.

I've got it. Sweet Dreams.

Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

Oh, and for the record, the correct answer was the recurrent leitmotif used throughout Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to The Mission, as, in particular, featured in the track "Gabriel's Oboe".

But it's good that noöne cares. You'll all be less sad when I die.

Has anyone ever seen Laurel or Equi post in the same room at the same time??

I think I'm on to something here.

Has anyone ever seen Laurel or Equi post in the same room at the same time??

I think I'm on to something here.

Some widely-believed facts:
Laurel was a regular poster in the early days. I was not. [Editor's note: the second half of this fact was not so widely-believed in early 2005.]
I was a regular poster between January 2005 and April 2009. Laurel was not.
After I left, at some point Laurel began posting again.
I came back, and shortly thereafter Laurel disappeared.

Some widely-believed facts:
Laurel was a regular poster in the early days. I was not. [Editor's note: the second half of this fact was not so widely-believed in early 2005.]
I was a regular poster between January 2005 and April 2009. Laurel was not.
After I left, at some point Laurel began posting again.
I came back, and shortly thereafter Laurel disappeared.

Very suspicious.........I think all of this adds up to you actually being *dramatic pause*.......Manu! I freaking KNEW it! :eek:

Very suspicious.........I think all of this adds up to you actually being *dramatic pause*.......Manu! I freaking KNEW it! :eek:

♫ dun dun DUN ♫

Yes, everything about Laurel was a red herring. It was nothing but misdirection.

♫ dun dun DUN ♫

Yes, everything about Laurel was a red herring. It was nothing but misdirection.

Another gold star for Garnate! Did you know I also figured out that Yoda was really Luke's father the whole time?? Didn't even need to finish the movie; I just knew.

Another gold star for Garnate! Did you know I also figured out that Yoda was really Luke's father the whole time?? Didn't even need to finish the movie; I just knew.

Amazing!

The most shocking twist of all, though: the actor playing Han Solo—it turns out it was Harrison Ford the whole time.

Saint Peter said:

ty

Last edited:
Back