Has Laurel gone off the grid?

Stories are being published. Are there other people that review and pass submissions?

Not that I've ever heard. I think she's at work.

Laurel once told me that she's been away from the site maybe 10 days in twenty years.

Stories are being published. Are there other people that review and pass submissions?

There's another thread where I suggested PM Laurel, the OP did, and received a reply from her yesterday (in 24 hours). So she's around.

Re your second question - so far as we know, Laurel is the only one who vetts the work.

The point, of course, is the perception of uneven and uncertain communications connections, which is being reported all over various discussion board threads. But that's been going on for the last decade at least and there's no evidence that the "contact" buttons on the Web site have worked for over a decade, at least. Users have to make it as far as the discussion board with their inability to connect with Web site administration to be told by other users they can only make contact through PM system--and not always with that either. That's the real point.

Back