Showing conflict between a mother and son in an incestous affair that is slowly run its course? How do you make the mother more colder?

SnakeKing100

Virgin
Question for everyone here.

How would you show that a mother becoming colder to her son over the course of an affair?

What I'm trying to say is that the mother in my story (aged 43) has been having affair with her son (aged 19) for a couple of months now. She's doing this behind her husbands back. The reason why both are able to do this is because both work from home three or four days a week while the husband works outside the house. So for three or four days basically for 8 to 9 hours the two are left alone.

They started the affair just a couple of a weeks after they both started working from home. And overtime they started to increase the frequency of how often they've been having Sex every day. From just once (in week 1) to 8 times (week 8). But after a near miss where the husband nearly finds out the mother panics.

As a result she's been very cold to her son even when she is having Sex with him once or twice a day. Now part of it is due to the fact that the affair is now basically running its course. Part of this is because the mother and son have are completely incompaitable (age is one of many points) and the other part is because the son is pestering his mother for more Sex when cut off.

With this in mind how would you show this coldness?

You do that by getting inside of the mothers head. By that I mean, you show her thoughts even as she is having sex with her son.

A character's thoughts are really what separates a written story from that of a movie, and why people often say, "the movie was good, but the book was better". Why? Because a movie only lets you see what happens and what is said, but not what a character is THINKING. This is why erotic stories that are well written are often more erotic than video clips: we get to feel what the character is thinking even if it is opposed to how the person is thinking who is having sex with her.

You got a great start because it is set up for such contrast! The mother is feeling regretful and the son is feeling more empowered. Heck I am just reading your question and I am intrigued: how is this going to end? That is what is called tension, and you set it up really well!

Maybe try writing a scene that really highlights the difference as mom and son are having sex. With every thrust she is thinking of her husband, where with every thrust the son is thinking how wonderful his mother feels. But if a scene does not work for you, try writing a different one with different thoughts.

I don't want you thinking you can't do this, because you can, but equally please realize "head hopping" is a challenging task for writers.

A lack of eye contact, and a preference for positions that enforce this.
She's not into oral sex anymore. It's very much the most intimate sex act, IMO. She hand-jobs him, gets him hard, and lets him fuck her from behind.
But, the big one - she doesn't cum. She gets him off, and that's it. When he mentions it, she's not interested. She makes an excuse. Stress from work, the weather, whatever.
If she's feeling guilty - an increased interest in going to church. And maybe dragging her son along with her.
Her sexual interest in her husband increases. During sex with her husband, she's more vocal, and less concerned that her son might hear. Perhaps she pointedly has sex with hubby in the living room, knowing that her son will come home earlier than the father believes.
Maybe she confides in her best friend (who's got sexual skeletons in her own closet) and suggests that she take over with the young man. Her lusty friend eagerly agrees. The son's reaction to this can be whatever you want.

Last edited:
Maybe this is just my take, but I think its hard to show the mother growing colder if she's still putting out and sometimes more than once a day. If this was my story-and this is a good premise-I'd have her start to back off completely and that would build more tension between the two.

I don't know how realistic you want to make this, but the average 19 year old boy may not notice a lot of the signs Rob just called out in his reply. He's still getting laid and that's what matters at that age.

I do agree this has to be done from the mother's POV. Have her begin to wonder if this needs to stop, get into why she's cheating on her husband.

On the other hand, and the opposite approach, I have an e-book where the son always thought the mother was an entitled trophy wife who dressed and acted slutty and flirted with everyone and was always angry at her-but turned on at the same time. As the book progresses he finds out the mother is cheating and when he confronts her he finds out that what he thought was going on was wrong and it was the father who was pushing the mother to play a sick game. That reveal wouldn't work from Mom's POV because it would be telegraphed.

So for me it comes down to what is the story behind this story and with that established who's POV would the biggest shock come from?

I kind of lack an understanding of what made the mother interested in the first place. Just because they had the opportunity (both being at home) doesn't mean she would have any desire to jump her own son - especially if they are as incompatible as you say.

Once her initial motivation is understood, you can much better determine how she would become colder. If she was in it for the thrill of something taboo, maybe that's now checked off the list, and she is ready to move on. If it was because the son satisfies her better than her husband (cliche and unlikely, but yeah), then she might hang on to the sex, but get cold about intimacy. It all depends on what is really in it for her :)

Maybe the woman needs affection, so she sought it from the man as a means to an end. He was willing, she was intrigued and in need, she would rather not hide herself from someone she loves, maybe she was into the affair once. Now she’s changed her mind and wants to end it. The man needs to understand that. She needs to calmly but honestly explain to him that it’s over and she’s no longer interested. And any amount of love bombing or trying to continue it in some other way is only going to make things worse. In a pinch, she can always find religion or call the cops, but I don’t think you want to go there. Just have her keep declining interest and saying things like “see other people”, “use your imagination for your needs”, and “it’s over”. She doesn’t have to give her ex a specific reason for ending things if there was no abuse involved. And he just has to understand what once was can not happen again. It’s no one’s fault and the future will go better if he doesn’t push the issue.

Speaking from personal experience. Different taboos, but similar universal values were in play for me.

If you want to keep her putting out, you can show her acting cold during the sex too. Get him off and then push him away, let him satisfy her but show no interest in returning the favor, set expectations he can’t meet, read her phone while he tries to excite her to show how bored she is, things like that. But this stuff might also turn off your readers. Fair warning.

You do that by getting inside of the mothers head. By that I mean, you show her thoughts even as she is having sex with her son.

A character's thoughts are really what separates a written story from that of a movie, and why people often say, "the movie was good, but the book was better". Why? Because a movie only lets you see what happens and what is said, but not what a character is THINKING. This is why erotic stories that are well written are often more erotic than video clips: we get to feel what the character is thinking even if it is opposed to how the person is thinking who is having sex with her.

You got a great start because it is set up for such contrast! The mother is feeling regretful and the son is feeling more empowered. Heck I am just reading your question and I am intrigued: how is this going to end? That is what is called tension, and you set it up really well!

Maybe try writing a scene that really highlights the difference as mom and son are having sex. With every thrust she is thinking of her husband, where with every thrust the son is thinking how wonderful his mother feels. But if a scene does not work for you, try writing a different one with different thoughts.

I don't want you thinking you can't do this, because you can, but equally please realize "head hopping" is a challenging task for writers.

Maybe this is just my take, but I think its hard to show the mother growing colder if she's still putting out and sometimes more than once a day. If this was my story-and this is a good premise-I'd have her start to back off completely and that would build more tension between the two.

I don't know how realistic you want to make this, but the average 19 year old boy may not notice a lot of the signs Rob just called out in his reply. He's still getting laid and that's what matters at that age.

I do agree this has to be done from the mother's POV. Have her begin to wonder if this needs to stop, get into why she's cheating on her husband.

On the other hand, and the opposite approach, I have an e-book where the son always thought the mother was an entitled trophy wife who dressed and acted slutty and flirted with everyone and was always angry at her-but turned on at the same time. As the book progresses he finds out the mother is cheating and when he confronts her he finds out that what he thought was going on was wrong and it was the father who was pushing the mother to play a sick game. That reveal wouldn't work from Mom's POV because it would be telegraphed.

So for me it comes down to what is the story behind this story and with that established who's POV would the biggest shock come from?

I kind of lack an understanding of what made the mother interested in the first place. Just because they had the opportunity (both being at home) doesn't mean she would have any desire to jump her own son - especially if they are as incompatible as you say.

Once her initial motivation is understood, you can much better determine how she would become colder. If she was in it for the thrill of something taboo, maybe that's now checked off the list, and she is ready to move on. If it was because the son satisfies her better than her husband (cliche and unlikely, but yeah), then she might hang on to the sex, but get cold about intimacy. It all depends on what is really in it for her :)
At the moment I want to keep this to a minimal casting story. Basically what's going on is that the story should mostly only be between the mother and her son.

The two are in an incestous relationship but if there are other characters or people they're only mentioned or have very little lines.

The core of the story should be between the mother and her son. No one else.

At the moment I just wanted to have the mother Basically br interested in the son due to three reasons. 1) A dead bedroom with her husband previously 2) Wanting to see what incest is really like with the taboo and 3) Just get back at her husband a little by fucking their son.

Once the thrill is gone and the three reasons are satisfied they have no reason to actually continue this affair.

In fact the mother has a reason to not continue the affair: just a few days ago they were nearly caught by her husband and the sons father who came home a bit early.

She has some regrets about the situation but not much.

On the other hand the son himself is feeling empowered by this. He's getting laid a lot. Combined with the fact that he can get eight hours of work done in four (since they both work from home this applies to his mom as well) they can spend four or five hours fucking. He's not a Virgin anymore and his momis thick and hot (not supermodel but more like smokeshow neighbourhood mom).

He does not want this to end and is now pestering his mother to have sex with him more.

Combined with the fact that they're not really compatible overall. Like the mom doesn't like the fact that the son doesn't do as much chores or he doesn't pick it up, rhe fact that she's religious and he's not that much, or just general life expectations and like cycles. They both should not be together even if they were related.

But since they're working from home, they did it for the past eight weeks, the thrill and etc then it happened.

If week 1 wad when they started having sex and week 8 was when they were nearly caught it's now week 9 now.

If it were me, I would try to spin it so the ultimate breakup has a positive but wistful feel to it. Maybe son gets a job offer that gives him the chance to move away, but he's torn, and mom is torn, and mom finally makes the tough but parentally responsible decision to let the son go away and cut off the relationship. But make it positive so we don't end up disliking either mom or the son.

If it were me, I would try to spin it so the ultimate breakup has a positive but wistful feel to it. Maybe son gets a job offer that gives him the chance to move away, but he's torn, and mom is torn, and mom finally makes the tough but parentally responsible decision to let the son go away and cut off the relationship. But make it positive so we don't end up disliking either mom or the son.
I'm trying to go for something that is half bitter, half sweet ending. I want something where they end up in a shared co-dependency situation in this affair. Where it's very toxic and problematic outside of the bedroom. Basically icy.
But very passionate and sexy inside the bedroom or sex. Which is why they're not leaving. Or at least why the son is not leaving. I want the mother to be more "feminine" problematic while the son being "masculine" problematic. But they should be grey and gray characters.

make her have a deadpan/bored expession while getting fucked by her son. as if its just a tedious chore for her and shes just waiting for it to finish so she can go about her day.

8ivrhd.jpg

Back