Sex & Shenanigans

I work in software dev, I'm actually the team lead and when I wore dresses I had to defend my position all the time. Once I switched to hoodies and jeans, I don't get mansplained or challenged on every little detail. It sucks because I love dresses and my clothes certainly don't affect my brain.
:heart:

I'm an application owner, so, lots of meetings with external vendors, people I've never met before. The amount of times I've heard "are you sure?".... Urgh.

Once I switched to hoodies and jeans,

- Ma'am, they're charging up their explanations!
- Understood. Battle stations everyone, shields up. Deploy the boob drapes! Cover all vulnerabilities!

image.png

Honestly, it's the most idiotic thing to think just because a woman has a nice set of tits she must not be as intelligent or capable.
It has to be some dumb movie/pop culture stereotype. I still don’t get them.

Some of the dumbest motherfuckers I’ve worked with are men. Except one female judge who I had to explain what the law was in a case where she was sentencing my client. She was a special dumb motherfucker.

The other stereotypes that annoy me are people dismissing others with accents because they don’t think they’re intelligent. We have a Latina partner who is frequently ignored because of her accent. And a fellow from the Phillipines.

I think I’m just surrounded by stupid.

It has to be some dumb movie/pop culture stereotype. I still don’t get them.

Some of the dumbest motherfuckers I’ve worked with are men. Except one female judge who I had to explain what the law was in a case where she was sentencing my client. She was a special dumb motherfucker.

The other stereotypes that annoy me are people dismissing others with accents because they don’t think they’re intelligent. We have a Latina partner who is frequently ignored because of her accent. And a fellow from the Phillipines.

I think I’m just surrounded by stupid.
I must admit I have a very difficult time with Indian accents, especially on the phone...

As a member of the overendowed titty brigade I have decided that I'm done hiding them. I'm not inappropriate about it, at work especially... But I no longer am going to worry about some cleavage showing otherwise I'd have to wear turtlenecks for the rest of my life.

The titties are out and proud.
I don't care at all in my day to day life. However, I specialize in new construction and have to deal with developers & contractors daily. All are religious, middle aged men who cannot believe that intellect and boobs exist in the same body. I hate it, but it is what it is

I don't care at all in my day to day life. However, I specialize in new construction and have to deal with developers & contractors daily. All are religious, middle aged men who cannot believe that intellect and boobs exist in the same body. I hate it, but it is what it is
I wish the :love: could be replaced with a :heart: reaction.

As someone in IT, a fairly progressive field, I can't imagine what it's like working in construction. All my love to you.

Ugh. How frustrating. I'm sure you experience a 'special' kind of sexism. I'm sorry. ❤️

And I agree. The 😍 does not convey the proper feeling sometimes.

Back