The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to get a visa for my mother-in-law to visit us for a few months. It’s challenging—she’ll need to prove she has enough reasons to go back to Ethiopia, after that visit. Without a house (it’s our house she’s living in), without a permanent job (permanent jobs hardly exist in Ethiopia, certainly not for the non-educated people), without husband and children to take care off, it almost seems impossible, but we’ll try anyway. She's taking care of some school-going nieces; maybe that counts.

It’s going to be interesting, if we manage—an old woman, not speaking anything but Amharic (the Ethiopian language), analphabetic, covered in tattoos

But for sure, there will be lots of good, freshly roasted and brewed coffee...
...and lots of smoke in the house…

Best of luck Ruben - prayers of well wishes and safety to you and yours.

Evening all,

Hot but wonderful day here. Got a little writing done, which is interesting since I didn't get out of bed until nearly two o'clock. Breakfast in bed, lunch in bed, and now it is supper time and I'm the only one awake. :D

I have ribs in the oven for later.

Evening all,

Hot but wonderful day here. Got a little writing done, which is interesting since I didn't get out of bed until nearly two o'clock. Breakfast in bed, lunch in bed, and now it is supper time and I'm the only one awake. :D

I have ribs in the oven for later.

You dirty man you!!! :D

I am glad you are having a hell of a great time. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Yeah, right. ;)

Many kisses and hugs. :kiss:

Good Morning to all.

Ah; slight delays to the day's arrangements.
Time for another coffee, I reckon.

Morning :rose: Day three of munchkin wakefulness. sigh. Going to need the coffee IV.

On the other hand, a little sleep deprivation can help the writing flow. :rolleyes:

It's my 21st wedding anniversary today! Mrs Pilgrim got me an olive tree, a festive little potted tree sitting on my desk. I remembered to get a card, so I wasn't empty handed.

I'm pretty happy hubby this morning.

Not much going to go on here, today. I got a clean bill of eyes from my ophthalmologist but my eyes are still too dilated to write and since I'm setting up for a beer and wurst bash at the cave on Saturday, forget writing for a while. Maybe a fairly long while. Or not, depending.

Did very little red penning today, improved my scores on some Facebook and other games.

Making Salsa Polacca currently

Word herding is hard. If it wasn't for coffee, I think I'd give up the whole thing and pick a less stressful hobby.

Like whittling, or watch repair.

Word herding is hard. If it wasn't for coffee, I think I'd give up the whole thing and pick a less stressful hobby.

Is there such a thing as a word collie to help with the word herding?

For me writing relieves stress more than it causes it. It's my escape. Even the grammar issues are more interesting than some of the issues I deal with at work.

But when I quit work and try to write for real, maybe that will change.

For me writing relieves stress more than it causes it. It's my escape. Even the grammar issues are more interesting than some of the issues I deal with at work.

Writing six published novels before I retired helped me make it through five years of covering terrorism in the Middle East--while living there--before I retired.

Evening all,
My editor would kill me if I ever referred to her as a word collie. :D

My house guests are playing hell with my writing time but i am not, I repeat, i am not complaining in the least. All those plot bunnies they have brought along have generat4ed one new story already. Now to get time for the next dozen to go along with it. Research is such a bitch. :)

Fresh coffee for the evening crew and a fresh kettle for our tea crowd.

It looks like there will be a grand reopening of the cafe shortly.

Didn't even get to sleep before she woke up and came and got me. Someday I am going to take a vacation somewhere all by myself, possibly under an assumed identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back