Who is yo daddy?

Mr2Apprentice

Experienced
Having children of my own and playing the "daddy" role for real I have noticed over the past 5 years in increase in the number of submissive women looking for a "daddy dom".

I realize that the daddy dom role rarely has anything to do with incest and to be clear I am in no way interested in sexualizing anyone under age or unable to consent...especially my children!

Please help me understand what makes a daddy dom dynamic different from a traditional dom/sub dynamic.

Looking forward to hearing from you all...

J

It's a good question, and I'm not going to be terribly articulate at describing it.

For me, it involves an emphasis on warmth and encouragement, along with correction. I'm a pretty empathetic person (and also, weirdly, sadistic :rolleyes:), and inhabiting the Dom space always felt weird to me, like a role. But a DD role for me involves emotional support as well as correction (and spankings! Oh dear lord, the spankings!).

The DD/little space also feels different. It's still very much a power exchange, but it's ideally a place of nurturing and not coldness.

And I don't mean to imply that it isn't or can't be a strongly dominant and submissive dynamic. Like everything, there is a wide spectrum depending on participants, and mileage varies. I also want to add that it needn't have anything to do with the ages of the participants. While the DD is often older, it's a mindset and a way of relating.

Also, um, I just get off on being called Daddy. And I'm big on "babygirl."

Is that a vague enough response for you?

Last edited:
For me to call someone 'Daddy' requires a greater amount of trust, because I am letting him in deeper, showing him more of myself, allowing myself to be more open and unguarded than I would with a Dom who wasn't a Daddy, too.

As a woman whose life demands that she be dominant in many areas, it isn't very often that i come across someone who understands that a strong woman can have a need not only to kneel in service, but to lie with all of her softness exposed, knowing that Daddy will protect her as well as ravage her. For me, there is also an element of needing to know that I can be that vulnerable without losing his respect as an independent, capable woman in other areas of my life.

If he wants access to the most tender parts of my spirit, he must seduce me with strength tempered with patience and gentleness. The risk and investment may be greater (for both of us), but so is the reward.

Also, I'm a playful (sex) kitten, and that's not everyone's cup of tea.:cattail:

Questions

Forgive me for butting in and also if I seem silly. I have zero experience in this area. Obviously.

There seems to be a dichotomy here. You note warmth, encouragement, and empathy, but then go on to mention that you are sadistic. You also clearly enjoy the umm punishment or correction side of such a relationship. I'm sorry. I'm confused. Is this always part of a D/s relationship? I understand the concept of wanting to please a man. Duh. LOL But I fear an impish nature would lead me to being "in trouble" all the time. And having been a model child, never in trouble, I don't know how playfulness would fit into a relationship like this. Arghh!

I'm doing a pitiful job of articulating here. :( I do not know how to frame what I am trying to say. Never mind. I'm going to go hide again.

It's a good question, and I'm not going to be terribly articulate at describing it.

For me, it involves an emphasis on warmth and encouragement, along with correction. I'm a pretty empathetic person (and also, weirdly, sadistic :rolleyes:), and inhabiting the Dom space always felt weird to me, like a role. But a DD role for me involves emotional support as well as correction (and spankings! Oh dear lord, the spankings!).

The DD/little space also feels different. It's still very much a power exchange, but it's ideally a place of nurturing and not coldness.

And I don't mean to imply that it isn't or can't be a strongly dominant and submissive dynamic. Like everything, there is a wide spectrum depending on participants, and mileage varies. I also want to add that it needn't have anything to do with the ages of the participants. While the DD is often older, it's a mindset and a way of relating.

Also, um, I just get off on being called Daddy. And I'm big on "babygirl."

Is that a vague enough response for you?

Forgive me for butting in and also if I seem silly. I have zero experience in this area. Obviously.

There seems to be a dichotomy here. You note warmth, encouragement, and empathy, but then go on to mention that you are sadistic. You also clearly enjoy the umm punishment or correction side of such a relationship. I'm sorry. I'm confused. Is this always part of a D/s relationship? I understand the concept of wanting to please a man. Duh. LOL But I fear an impish nature would lead me to being "in trouble" all the time. And having been a model child, never in trouble, I don't know how playfulness would fit into a relationship like this. Arghh!

I'm doing a pitiful job of articulating here. :( I do not know how to frame what I am trying to say. Never mind. I'm going to go hide again.

I thought his reply made a lot of sense and pretty accurately related to my own D/s relationship between myself and my Dom Daddy. So I'll answer from my perspective while you wait on his reply.

For me personally, I like the bipolar back and forth of stern disciplinarian, and coddling, paternal approval. I like to be spanked and punished, but then have him pull me into his lap, kiss me sweetly and tell me what a good girl I was taking my punishment.

In the past I have been in relationships where the Dominant/PYL was very cold. I had one who never allowed kissing at all. I enjoyed the BDSM activities in our play, but did not enjoy the emotional distance, the sense that I was a worthless thing to be used by my PYL without him having a care for me. Some subs LOVE that. I didn't. I like the DDlg dynamic because it is very loving, while simultaneously providing the punishment, pain play, and power imbalance that I crave.

As to playfulness, for us there is plenty of that.

I thought his reply made a lot of sense and pretty accurately related to my own D/s relationship between myself and my Dom Daddy. So I'll answer from my perspective while you wait on his reply.

For me personally, I like the bipolar back and forth of stern disciplinarian, and coddling, paternal approval. I like to be spanked and punished, but then have him pull me into his lap, kiss me sweetly and tell me what a good girl I was taking my punishment.

In the past I have been in relationships where the Dominant/PYL was very cold. I had one who never allowed kissing at all. I enjoyed the BDSM activities in our play, but did not enjoy the emotional distance, the sense that I was a worthless thing to be used by my PYL without him having a care for me. Some subs LOVE that. I didn't. I like the DDlg dynamic because it is very loving, while simultaneously providing the punishment, pain play, and power imbalance that I crave.

While we don't do the DD/lg play, my Dom and I have a good balance between cruelty and kindness, and he allows for playfulness. I understand that the Daddy/little doesn't mean you're sexually attracted to your dad/children, but using the titles alone doesn't work for us. We have 3 small children, and it creeps him out of I call him Daddy lol. I would also have a hard time reverting myself to such a child like state.

OK. I think I understand now since you explain how different relationships can be. No, if I were to ever decide to look for and enter and learn about this kind of relationship, I would not want emotional distance, either. Thus, I now understand, through your explanation and brief summary of experience, what DGE said.

A Dom Daddy. How very interesting! I will have to read up on it.

Thank you for your kind reply and for not laughing at me or making me feel more stupid and inept than I already did. :)

OK. I think I understand now since you explain how different relationships can be. No, if I were to ever decide to look for and enter and learn about this kind of relationship, I would not want emotional distance, either. Thus, I now understand, through your explanation and brief summary of experience, what DGE said.

A Dom Daddy. How very interesting! I will have to read up on it.

Thank you for your kind reply and for not laughing at me or making me feel more stupid and inept than I already did. :)

Just to clarify-- I in NO WAY meant to imply that all other Dom/sub relationships are cold or emotionally distant. I was just trying to say I had occasionally had that experience, and that I feel the Daddy/babygirl dynamic tends to work well for me in terms of involving a the warmth and paternal benevolence that I appreciate.

Nothing about your question made me want to laugh or think it was silly or stupid. You should ask anything you have a question about! There are people on here far more eloquent and articulate than me, and most of them seem to be nice too! I have had bad experiences on other forums (like Fetlife groups). This group here on lit seems really accepting and people are pretty kind and patient. Good luck <3

While we don't do the DD/lg play, my Dom and I have a good balance between cruelty and kindness, and he allows for playfulness. I understand that the Daddy/little doesn't mean you're sexually attracted to your dad/children, but using the titles alone doesn't work for us. We have 3 small children, and it creeps him out of I call him Daddy lol. I would also have a hard time reverting myself to such a child like state.

From reading some of your posts I feel like we have similar relationships and preferences, despite the differing title/role choice. I enjoy following your replies to posts!

From reading some of your posts I feel like we have similar relationships and preferences, despite the differing title/role choice. I enjoy following your replies to posts!

Lol thank you. We quite like our dynamic and it's a constant work in progress as we explore. I've learned not to put to much weight into doing things "the right way" and just doing what feels right. There's no "one size fits all" in BDSM.

Every time you call your partner "Daddy", Sigmund Freud's ghost gets a little bit stronger.

Of course, yes. I understood what you meant. :)

Just to clarify-- I in NO WAY meant to imply that all other Dom/sub relationships are cold or emotionally distant. I was just trying to say I had occasionally had that experience, and that I feel the Daddy/babygirl dynamic tends to work well for me in terms of involving a the warmth and paternal benevolence that I appreciate.

Nothing about your question made me want to laugh or think it was silly or stupid. You should ask anything you have a question about! There are people on here far more eloquent and articulate than me, and most of them seem to be nice too! I have had bad experiences on other forums (like Fetlife groups). This group here on lit seems really accepting and people are pretty kind and patient. Good luck <3

For your consideration...some of these things seem more and less necessary to the dynamic to me. As usual, IMO - there is no such thing as a Twue Daddy Dom - if the way you are with your partner works for you - you can call your dynamic whatever you want and slide back and forth along the continuum and any of its various axis'
cb
:heart:

Seven Fundamental Characteristics of A Daddy Dom by WizarDavid on FetLife.com

Just what is a Daddy Dom? Well, to start with, a Daddy Dom is first and foremost a Dom. He chooses the subcategory of “Daddy” within the general understanding of D/s. Let’s get one thing out of the way right at the beginning. A Daddy Dom does not promote incest or pedophilia which seems to be a common misunderstanding of the kink by ignorant people. Rather, the dynamic is set up for the male dominant to be called “Daddy”, and the female submissive (sub) to be called “girl”, “little girl”, or “baby girl”, etc. Rarely is she called “daughter”, as this evokes too many parallels to incest, which Daddies and their girls detest. And while some Doms and some subs may have been victims of family violence, incest, or other abuse, Daddy Doms and their girls are not over-represented in these categories any more than the general population.

The following are some of the fundamental characteristics, and indeed needs, that all Daddy dominants seem to share universally:

Her Number One Fan, the Daddy usually believes in his girl more than she herself does, and often uses the wisdom of his age to see her not only for who she is, but also for who she can become. A Daddy’s eyes light up when his girl enters the room. He is proud of her and praises her for not just for what she accomplishes, but for what she attempts, and for who she is. He accepts her for who she is, flaws and all. And he knows all her flaws because he is also her

Ultimate Confidant, allowing her to bare her soul to him beyond all others. She may have many different relationships and types of friends in her life. But Daddy will be her “umbrella confidant”. The one with whom she can talk about absolutely anything and trust that what she tells Daddy stays with Daddy. He is the one from whom she withholds nothing. The one who doesn’t mind if she needs to call and talk at 3am.

He is the Protector of his girl
against real or perceived threats, dangers, and bad people. Sometimes a little girl just needs to curl up in Daddy’s arms and smile at some of his bluster, and sometimes the Daddy may have to act on his protective instincts. Pity the person who messes with a Daddy’s girl.

Her Teacher and mentor shows her new things that come from a longer and possibly wider set of life experiences. Daddy likes to take his girl to places she has never been, feed her foods she has never eaten, and do activities she has never enjoyed before. He is never so happy as when he can look in her eyes and know he has given her something she has never had before. This also translates into sexual adventurism for some Daddy/girl couples. He symbolically deflowers her on a regular basis, whether that be sexual or just in exposure to new life adventures.

He wants to be her Guide and advisor. As the girl makes her way in the world, Daddy wants to be there to answer her questions, calm her fears, make her insecurities go away, and give her sound advice based on his years of experience.

Anchor. The Daddy Dom is an unyielding, unmovable anchor in the storm. No matter what happens in the girl’s life, she knows her Daddy will be right there where he has always been, and she can hold onto that even if she is blinded by her own tears. Daddies know the storm will pass, and she will be safe, but she needs something to hold onto that will not move.

Disciplinarian. When the girl acts badly, she expects to be disciplined or punished for the infraction. Most Daddy dominants find it occasionally difficult to keep this up, especially as the affection for their girl grows. They would love nothing more than to spoil their girls, but they realize this is the path to ruin. One a girl begins to believe she can manipulate Daddy, she no longer sees him as her dominant, unyielding anchor. A girl needs the stability and protection of a man who is more dominant than she is. To demonstrate that characteristic, Daddies must sometimes be excessively strict and rigid, more so than they would in normal relationships. The act of disciplining the girl may be used as part of a sadomasochistic activity.

In addition to these practically mandatory characteristics, some couples add their own sadism and masochism to the mix, and may use the concept of the wolf or lion and little lamb to describe the way in which the Daddy simultaneously protects his little girl from the world, and yet wants to dominate and devour her sexually. As a sadist, he may create the very tears that he will later kiss away. Sounds sweet, and yet terrifying, if you are not accustomed to the world of sadomasochism in which these participants operate. But to a Daddy and his girl who are into BDSM, this is the most perfect of scenarios they can imagine to act out their fetish.

Daddies come in many flavors, just as their girls do. Some Daddies may have polyamorous girls who have male and female lovers, and Daddy may be that one person outside the polyamory “family” who does not judge her. A Daddy and his girl might not have a sexual relationship at all. Since this is typically a D/s construct, there is usually a sexual component, but as can be seen from the above list of characteristics, sex is not the largest factor or the motivating force in this type of relationship. A Daddy may have more than one girl, may be married and have a girl, too, or may have other types of combinations. But it is rare for a girl to have more than one Daddy.

It is said that “a Top is for tonight, a Dominant is for as long as she is submissive, a Master is there until she is no longer a slave, but a Daddy is forever”. Daddy may have to give his girl away to a husband. He may eventually run out of things to teach his little girl. She may ultimately not need his sage advice and his experience any more. Hopefully he will be too old by then to have to deal with it, because when there is nothing left to teach, no need for a confidant, no discipline needing to be meted out, when his little girl no longer needs her Daddy, that’s when he will die inside. The need that Daddy has for his girl is every bit as potent as the need she has for her Daddy.

A Daddy usually knows he is one. He doesn’t have to be convinced of it, or taught how to be one.

Beautiful is a very apt description, I agree. As I perused it (and as I explore some of the various dynamics here on LIT), there were more than just a few aspects of this particular dynamic that struck me as something I should consider. Though I strongly suspect that "Daddies" are a rare commodity.

By the way, as far as autobiographies go, yours is ... I hate to use such mundane and worn-out adjectives...but yours is quite interesting and refreshing. I am new here (obviously), and I have talked to several very kind folks, like CB, and others, who also seem very interesting.

Anyway, I am not so very good at conversation -- in person or otherwise. LOL Better at observation, analysis, reading, and emotions. Just thought I would say "hello."

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing CB! :rose::rose::rose:

Beautiful is a very apt description, I agree. As I perused it (and as I explore some of the various dynamics here on LIT), there were more than just a few aspects of this particular dynamic that struck me as something I should consider. Though I strongly suspect that "Daddies" are a rare commodity.

By the way, as far as autobiographies go, yours is ... I hate to use such mundane and worn-out adjectives...but yours is quite interesting and refreshing. I am new here (obviously), and I have talked to several very kind folks, like CB, and others, who also seem very interesting.

Anyway, I am not so very good at conversation -- in person or otherwise. LOL Better at observation, analysis, reading, and emotions. Just thought I would say "hello."

"Hello" back, welcome to Lit, and thank you. :) Why Krescent with a K? Also, you crochet jewelry with sterling silver wire? That sounds awesome! If you would be willing to share some of your work, I would love to see it.

I didn't even know what a Daddy was until I met mine, and then my whole life changed. Parts of me opened up and everything made sense to me for the first time. It was like being given special glasses that allow you to see parts of the world that you have always felt, but that have been just outside your ability to perceive them. Daddy gave me the lenses and he guided me all along the way. It's an incredible feeling. It was a little scary and overwhelming at times, but he was right there with me making sure I was okay and helping me to understand all of it. He makes everything okay. He is like my anchor. I would be so lost without him. Every feeling or desire that I thought was bad or wrong, he told me it was okay and even good. I really loved the part in the article that said, "a Daddy is forever." That feels right to me. We really seem to complement each other in every way and although we're not perfect people, we're pretty perfect for each other. That's the important part. It's insane that we found one another, here of all places. But he very much just is a Daddy. And I very much just am his girl. It comes naturally to us. We fit together from the very beginning. We knew it during our first conversation, and that was almost 5 years ago. I think you're probably right about Daddies being rare. But a girl like me needs her Daddy, and a man like him needs his girl. I know I'm a very lucky girl. And he's a very lucky Daddy. ;)

I hope you find more interesting and kind people to talk to. There are lots of them around here. And you're better at conversations than you give yourself credit for. "Hello" is always a great place to start. :)

Last edited:
Spelling Krescent with a K was just my vain attempt to be witty. LOL

I would be happy to share some of my work. It may be a little while. I've only done a very, very few pieces which I've given away as gifts, and it never occurred to me to take photos. However, I've been considering how to make a rose. I have the pattern for thread, but translating it to wire may be a little tricky, so I'm still thinking about how best to accomplish it. :) If I do it, I will send you a pic. If I do something other than a rose, I'll send a pic of that, instead.

Such happiness in when you speak of your Daddy and your life! I believe that is what stood out in your autobiography -- your spirit and your happiness. :)

The description of "Daddy" below caused me to recognize certain things about myself when I saw the comments about the girl. So very, very many things. :( However, I've survived this long and this far, I have no choice but to "endeavor to persevere." Hehe [A line from one of my favorite movies - The Outlaw Josey Wales]

Thank you for your kind reply!

Have a great evening!

"Hello" back, welcome to Lit, and thank you. :) Why Krescent with a K? Also, you crochet jewelry with sterling silver wire? That sounds awesome! If you would be willing to share some of your work, I would love to see it.

I didn't even know what a Daddy was until I met mine, and then my whole life changed. Parts of me opened up and everything made sense to me for the first time. It was like being given special glasses that allow you to see parts of the world that you have always felt, but that have been just outside your ability to perceive them. Daddy gave me the lenses and he guided me all along the way. It's an incredible feeling. It was a little scary and overwhelming at times, but he was right there with me making sure I was okay and helping me to understand all of it. He makes everything okay. He is like my anchor. I would be so lost without him. Every feeling or desire that I thought was bad or wrong, he told me it was okay and even good. I really loved the part in the article that said, "a Daddy is forever." That feels right to me. We really seem to complement each other in every way and although we're not perfect people, we're pretty perfect for each other. That's the important part. It's insane that we found one another, here of all places. But he very much just is a Daddy. And I very much just am his girl. It comes naturally to us. We fit together from the very beginning. We knew it during our first conversation, and that was almost 5 years ago. I think you're probably right about Daddies being rare. But a girl like me needs her Daddy, and a man like him needs his girl. I know I'm a very lucky girl. And he's a very lucky Daddy. ;)

I hope you find more interesting and kind people to talk to. There are lots of them around here. And you're better at conversations than you give yourself credit for. "Hello" is always a great place to start. :)

Reading through these replies makes me smile. So many things said that I personally have not been able to articulate for myself, but identify with strongly.

And CB's post should just fucking be laminated and hung on the fridge! :D

It took accidentally finding a Daddy to open my mind to the D/s dynamic. I am cynical and mistrusting of 'Doms'. I air quote it, not because I disrespect those who are, but because it seems the misogynists far out number. So much damage can be done, and the posers don't recognize the potential for emotional harm in D/s. My response to some bad experiences was to call bullshit on the whole thing.

I wasn't looking for him. I should ask him if was looking for me, though. ;) And it is at times scary and overwhelming, but it is exactly like being given a pair of lenses that illuminate so very much. It's amazing.

Y'all are giving me far too much credit. I just know when to post things I find, I guess. :heart:

I think there may be more "Daddy Doms" out there than is widely believed. And I keep talking to men who are in the process of "discovering" that at least part of what seems to motivate them or fire their imagination or arouse them is an awareness that some part of this DD/lg kink works for them. Some of them identify with just about all of it, but just don't want to be called "Daddy"; some are trying to figure out which elements seem to fit them, but they know that just being called "Daddy" totally hits their hot button like nothing else.

I would also suggest that men who are self aware about not being paternalistic pigs and misogynistic in their attitudes sometimes are slower to figure out that this kink works for them - that they can play with these kinds of D/s and control in their sex life and vocabulary and it does not mean that their play-partner or life partner is less than, or not equal to, or not powerful and engaged and contributing to the relationship as a co-equal partner. It might not mean that, but it these things are not mutually exclusive.

I like to explain that the thing about living in a period of relative liberation and permissiveness, self definition and control (you might call it post feminism) is that we get to choose what works for us. If we HAVE to choose the version that seems most acceptable to the dominant paradigm - that is as little choice as being forced to not work, or have 6 children, or become a nun or whatever - and so I get to choose - what last name I keep or don't, whether we are full time partners or not, if I am monogamous or not. If pain is part of my dynamic or not, if I give up all control and wear a collar and leash or not. You name it.

When you figure out the elements of kink and fetish and levels of control and domination, humiliation and name calling - Doms and Daddys, Little girls and subs - you name it and slide along whatever axis floats your boat and find a partner that matches your need - that is when all of this gets very very exciting. When as Felicity says it is fucking illuminating and scary and as Emily says - she was given whole new lenses through which to see the world.

When suddenly you are given experiences that open your soul up and you can trust the person you are with to explore and demand and satisfy and release and withhold and everything else.... who knows how much clarity becomes suddenly possible. When you can lean into that person. When that partnership supports each other as you dive into a new world of kink.

And now I am rambling. I hope I have added something here.
cb :heart:

Y'all are giving me far too much credit. I just know when to post things I find, I guess. :heart:

I think there may be more "Daddy Doms" out there than is widely believed. And I keep talking to men who are in the process of "discovering" that at least part of what seems to motivate them or fire their imagination or arouse them is an awareness that some part of this DD/lg kink works for them. Some of them identify with just about all of it, but just don't want to be called "Daddy"; some are trying to figure out which elements seem to fit them, but they know that just being called "Daddy" totally hits their hot button like nothing else.

I would also suggest that men who are self aware about not being paternalistic pigs and misogynistic in their attitudes sometimes are slower to figure out that this kink works for them - that they can play with these kinds of D/s and control in their sex life and vocabulary and it does not mean that their play-partner or life partner is less than, or not equal to, or not powerful and engaged and contributing to the relationship as a co-equal partner. It might not mean that, but it these things are not mutually exclusive.

I like to explain that the thing about living in a period of relative liberation and permissiveness, self definition and control (you might call it post feminism) is that we get to choose what works for us. If we HAVE to choose the version that seems most acceptable to the dominant paradigm - that is as little choice as being forced to not work, or have 6 children, or become a nun or whatever - and so I get to choose - what last name I keep or don't, whether we are full time partners or not, if I am monogamous or not. If pain is part of my dynamic or not, if I give up all control and wear a collar and leash or not. You name it.

When you figure out the elements of kink and fetish and levels of control and domination, humiliation and name calling - Doms and Daddys, Little girls and subs - you name it and slide along whatever axis floats your boat and find a partner that matches your need - that is when all of this gets very very exciting. When as Felicity says it is fucking illuminating and scary and as Emily says - she was given whole new lenses through which to see the world.

When suddenly you are given experiences that open your soul up and you can trust the person you are with to explore and demand and satisfy and release and withhold and everything else.... who knows how much clarity becomes suddenly possible. When you can lean into that person. When that partnership supports each other as you dive into a new world of kink.

And now I am rambling. I hope I have added something here.
cb :heart:

/girlcrushing:heart:

Back