Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Also you might score points with a certain lady archer if you help save her wheechair-bound mom.

:: whistles innocently :: Just sayin'.

So here's a thought.

Because of the No Man's Land legislation, any costumed hero who actively crosses into Gotham during this crisis would lose their Masked Vigilante Act protections and be declared an enemy of the state.

That might help keep Kara out now that she's done with her Savitar!Grant fight. Not that she wouldn't defy a government order if she thought it was unjust, but if The DEO declares war on her she's screwed, they've got plenty of Kryptonite.

Of course, once the dust settles and politicians scramble to distance themselves from the debacle, I bet you our team would get handwaved, not exactly thanked but not prosecuted. But of course going into this we wouldn't know that, and we'd be putting our reps and future careers on the line.

I'm still not sure about Eisenberg's Lex either. It seems that in the few months since Superman's appearance that Lex's jealousy has already gotten ahold of him and driven him over the edge. And damn that was a big chuck of Kryptonite.

Some of us are already guilty of crimes that have no statute of limitations, so it is a small thing to become an enemy of the state. But for you younger ones, yeah, that might matter quite a bit.

Some of us are already guilty of crimes that have no statute of limitations, so it is a small thing to become an enemy of the state. But for you younger ones, yeah, that might matter quite a bit.

Don't worry, Nev. Blue hasn't failed this city.

Hell, maybe he'll get a pardon out of the deal.

"There are no men like me. Only Me."

char_135550.jpg

Name: Black Manta
Alias: The Man with the Serpent Tattoo, Leviathan
Base of Operations: Dreadnought Leviathan, formerly Manta-sub flyer
Alignment: Anti-villain
Affiliations: The Light, H.I.V.E., Manta Corps
Family/Friends:

Mother - deceased
Father - deceased
Simon Lacroix - brother-in-arms
Cheshire - close friend
Benjamin Turner - sensei
Lex Luthor - ally
Queen Bee - ally

Bio: The identity of Black Manta's successor is a closely kept secret known only to a handfew of individuals within the underworlds inner circle. His history is in fact an anomaly- an outlier. His records don't appear to exist in any public form as he was raised outside of any society or government. From the age of 1 to 21, this individual was educated in a various disciplines ranging from engineering and warfare, social sciences like economics and politics as well as histories, languages, cultures, etc, etc.

It's been speculated that the man behind the mask is of some Atlantean descent, as abilities such as Hydrokinesis and Enhanced Strength are attribute common among native Atlanteans. However this too, is just speculative as it has not been denied or verified, super strength and hydrokinesis and other abilities could very well be auxiliary functions of the empowered suit Manta wears.

Powers:

-Hydrokinesis
-Electrokinesis
-Enhanced Strength, Durability, Speed and Reflexes
-Regenerative factor
-Toxin immunity

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities: Dehydration, extreme heats.

Last edited:
Speaking of "Young Justice."

I haven't been able to sit down and watch all of Season 2 of "Young Justice" for forever, not since it was first kicking around on the interwebs-- so far they haven't put Season 2 up on Netflix.

Fortunately, I was blessed enough to get Season 2 on Blu-Ray, finally, for my birthday this year and I eagerly devoured it.

A few months ago, early on in this thread, Artemis had a car thrown at her (I think by Solomon Grundy?) and I had her run along it in mid-air like some sort of urban "Crouching Tiger" move, parkour overdrive. After I wrote it, I worried that I had exaggerated her abilities and considered rewriting, but I decided to stick with my initial wordflow.

And a few days ago I just watched Artemis get a bunch of cars thrown at her in a junkyard and she dodged all of them and bounded off of one of them.

And I was like-- damn. "Okay, I need to start trusting myself more, apparently my subconscious knows these characters better than I do!"

I will be trying to get some posting done tonight but was pleasantly surprised with tickets to go see a local production of RENT, which is my favorite musical/theater production ever. So I will try to post after, but may not be until the weekend. Sorry I know I have been slow with my responses and will try to rectify this as much as possible in the near future.

Speaking of "Young Justice."

I haven't been able to sit down and watch all of Season 2 of "Young Justice" for forever, not since it was first kicking around on the interwebs-- so far they haven't put Season 2 up on Netflix.

Fortunately, I was blessed enough to get Season 2 on Blu-Ray, finally, for my birthday this year and I eagerly devoured it.

A few months ago, early on in this thread, Artemis had a car thrown at her (I think by Solomon Grundy?) and I had her run along it in mid-air like some sort of urban "Crouching Tiger" move, parkour overdrive. After I wrote it, I worried that I had exaggerated her abilities and considered rewriting, but I decided to stick with my initial wordflow.

And a few days ago I just watched Artemis get a bunch of cars thrown at her in a junkyard and she dodged all of them and bounded off of one of them.

And I was like-- damn. "Okay, I need to start trusting myself more, apparently my subconscious knows these characters better than I do!"

What did you think of Invasion Nicollette? I was pretty bummed out when they didn't give it another season. I liked the way they developed the team and let them grow. I was hoping for at least one more season.

What did you think of Invasion Nicollette? I was pretty bummed out when they didn't give it another season. I liked the way they developed the team and let them grow. I was hoping for at least one more season.

Greg Weisman appears to have a curse-- any show he's on doesn't last more than two seasons. It happened with "Gargoyles"-- yeah, there was the "Goliath Chronicles" but Greg wasn't on board for that --it happened with "Spectacular Spider-Man," and it happened to "Young Justice."

I loved "Invasion" almost as much as I loved Season 1, and that is saying something. The five-year-gap was an adjustment, as such things often are, but it was great to leap ahead and see our boys and girls grow up and mentor *another* crop of young heroes. Getting to see Robin bust out the Escrima sticks a couple times in Season 1 pays off when you get to see him in action as Nightwing next season, and there's so many other things.

Honestly, with the tight plotting, sweeping cast of characters and voice actors, impeccable characterizations, bad-ass one-liners, and the shout-outs to the original comic series, "Young Justice" was one of the finest animated series ever produced.

I will lament to my dying day that Cartoon Network yo-yo'd it schedule so much for two whole seasons before shutting it down so unceremoniously.

I would have loved to see what they did with Season 3, or even with continued tie-in comics, but alas it was not to be.

Ah, well, there's always fanfic.

Since you are going all-out, does this mean that Venom is now obsolete and will be destroyed by Blue??? o_O

Venom will never be obsolete. But the next fight is going to be special. Jaime and Khaji finally need to meld in the way that Danvers and the Symbiote did. So for the first time in the franchise Blue Beetle will be fully integrated. We've never seen that before.

As far as power level...I doubt Lunar will let me use Spectre Class powers, which is technically what The Beetle is supposed to have the potential to so.

Holy shit Chas...no joking, if they let me write and direct the live action Blue Beetle movie, that song would be the Closing Credits number.

Last edited:
Well, from what I've observed, Beetle has a relatively (relatively!) low baseline powerset.

But if Khaji Da is faced with an insurmountable threat, it surmounts that threat. It adapts to greater power levels with greater power of its own-- but unless it's faced with powers like that, it doesn't expend unnecessary energy. At least, that's my take on it.

Like when God creates a rock so heavy even He can't lift it. And then He lifts it anyway.

Holy shit Chas...no joking, if they let me write and direct the live action Blue Beetle movie, that song would be the Closing Credits number.

It's a kickin' tune, ennit?

I had it on repeat earlier when I was thinking about where we're going next.

Well, from what I've observed, Beetle has a relatively (relatively!) low baseline powerset.

But if Khaji Da is faced with an insurmountable threat, it surmounts that threat. It adapts to greater power levels with greater power of its own-- but unless it's faced with powers like that, it doesn't expend unnecessary energy. At least, that's my take on it.

Like when God creates a rock so heavy even He can't lift it. And then He lifts it anyway.

That's sort of how I understand it too. Also, from all the research I've done, the only real limitation of how powerful the Beetle could become, is the belief of the user. Jaime has always been able to do more than the others, because he was a kid. He literally didn't know what he shouldn't be able to do, so he never doubted himself. Like Peter walking on water until he began to think he shouldn't be able to.

If Khaji and Jaime become a more unified partnership, akin to one personality born of both minds...who knows. They might have no limitations. which of course would mean that they need to die, because something that powerful just can't be allowed to exist.

It's a kickin' tune, ennit?

I had it on repeat earlier when I was thinking about where we're going next.

I have been listening to music all day, coming up with a soundtrack for Frank Craft.

Back