The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always blame John. Any excuse to get him to go up to the bar and fetch stuff while shaking his buns. :devil:

Is it really hot where you are, dampy? (That doesn't mean it's not John's fault.)

Hehe. He's a cuddle-bud. :)

Nope not hot really. I'm sitting in an air-conditioned room. So... :rolleyes:

Let's just sit cuddling up to John and hearing about Neil Gaiman - ahhh bliss.

(If only, LOL, excuse me while I run off to scream up the stairs at someone who is dilly-dallying, and pack a lunch, and clear out the dishwasher and ... something else - oh yeah, I better get dressed before I go off on the school run :devil:)

Nice job, shea! Did you get a pic with him too?

I've been having crazy days. Waking and sleeping at odd times, taking too many naps and whatnot. I blame john. :cool:

I always blame John. Any excuse to get him to go up to the bar and fetch stuff while shaking his buns. :devil:

Is it really hot where you are, dampy? (That doesn't mean it's not John's fault.)

Hey, Shea! Neil Gaiman sounds totally cool. How brilliant!
:rose:

Suuuure, blame everything on me. :rolleyes: Now if you will excuse me for a moment, I'm going to grab a drink from the bar. ;)

That sounds like my night last night. Three margaritas will do that. You can blame me if I can blame you for getting dragged into bed early recently. ;):devil:

Ok, need some help cracking the whip on this chapter.....err...did that come out right? :eek:

Shea, glad you had fun at the book signing. Did you wear the strappy shoes?

Last edited:

:eek::rose:

Can I move my computer into there? :eek: Opening the window here only does so much.

Let's just sit cuddling up to John and hearing about Neil Gaiman - ahhh bliss.

(If only, LOL, excuse me while I run off to scream up the stairs at someone who is dilly-dallying, and pack a lunch, and clear out the dishwasher and ... something else - oh yeah, I better get dressed before I go off on the school run :devil:)

:eek::eek::eek::rose:

Suuuure, blame everything one me. :rolleyes: Now if you will excuse me for a moment, I'm going to grab a drink from the bar. ;)

That sounds like my night last night. Three margaritas will do that. You can blame me if I can blame you for getting dragged into bed early recently. ;):devil:

Ok, need some help cracking the whip on this chapter.....err...did that come out right?

I take full blame for dragging john to bed early. There. ;)

I'm not sure I'm good at whip-cracking but I am pretty good at nagging. :p

:eek::rose:

Can I move my computer into there? :eek: Opening the window here only does so much.

Sure. I'll even vacate the desk and get into bed for you. I mean... give you the desk space, of course. :cool:

I take full blame for dragging john to bed early. There. ;)

I'm not sure I'm good at whip-cracking but I am pretty good at nagging. :p

Sure. I'll even vacate the desk and get into bed for you. I mean... give you the desk space, of course. :cool:

Hehe, at this rate I might accept nagging. I got to get my protagonist through a serious conversation with another character so he can meet another in a spring for a...erm...pleasant encounter. ;)

Hmm, I might need to just bring in my laptop. :rolleyes: I mean this computer is a big thing and I don't want it to be too intrusive.

I'm still not in bed! I really should be!

Yes, John, I wore the strappy shoes that make me even taller and make my legs look just so. And the short leopard skirt. And my Florence and the Machine concert tee with the sleeves cut off and the neckline cut low ... maybe he was making eyes at me! ;)

He read a chapter from his new book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and then answered some audience questions. He is so funny he had the whole audience in stitches the whole time. He just barely mentioned a sequel to Neverwhere and the whole audience gasped out loud. He stopped and marveled ... "That was the most amazing group gasp I've ever heard!" Then he read a bit from his new book coming out in the fall, a children's book called, "Remarkably, the Milk" which sounded really funny and silly. The he sat down to sign books for 750 people. I bet they were there until 1am! This is his last book signing tour, he says it is getting just too hard (I think a few days ago he signed books for 1700 people) but I'm sure he will do speaking tours and the like. I got his new book personally signed to me with my name and everything! And my copy of Coraline he just signed his name.

My friend who came with me loves him almost more than I do, and she said as we waited in line that she was going to freeze up and not be able to say anything to him. I felt the same way, that I wouldn't be able to say anything, or I would think of something dumb to say. We finally got to him, and my friend froze like she said she would. I had to act fast! I had the two books to sign in front of me on the table. In my arms I had two of his larger picture books for children that I bought for the kidlets, and another copy of his new one for my sister. What could I do to help my friend loosen up and to figure out something interesting to say? I did what anyone else would do. I purposefully dumped my armload of books right in front of him, practically in his lap, and pretended it was an accident! :D

I exclaimed! I'm so sorry! as I gathered up my books and my friend and everyone nearby was laughing. Neil smiles and says, "I'm going to pretend that never happened." So I say, "I'm going to pretend that never happened as well!" And he reached for my hand, and thanked me for coming, and our eyes met (this was the puppy dog part for dampy) and WE HAD A MOMENT! Ok, maybe he was just glassy eyed and exhausted, but I'm going to remember it as us having a moment. :rolleyes: My friend swears he was eyeing me because I looked so hot, but I think he was just distracted by the leopard print and the magic of the Florence tee. :cool:

But don't tell that I did it on purpose because I told my friend it was an accident, and she thought it was so funny and tweeted it or whatever and she has connections.

So, have I put you nappers all to sleep yet? :)

dampy, if you have advice on how to notify my readers when a new blog post happens, point me in the right direction!

and John, thanks for giving the blog an H :devil:

Now I really am going to bed. goodnight!

Last edited:
Hello all! I had a great time tonight! I have to recommend going to see Neil Gaiman speak whenever you get the chance. He is so funny and charming and cool. I got two books signed, and then I had a whole stack I was buying and I dropped them practically in his lap. It was a total accident, I swear! It did give us something to talk about however. He looked me right in the eye and I tried very hard to give him enough puppy eyes for both me and dampy, and I think it worked because my friend swears he was making eyes at me, but I think he was just admiring my leopard print skirt and Florence and the Machine t-shirt.

Ugh, I have to go to bed. Night!

See? Told you the leopardskin print would do the job... ;)

So I got up this morning, woke my three boys, got them breakfast, ran the iron over their shirts, got them organised to get showered, made their packed lunches and bolted down a quick coffee before kissing them goodbye and driving 50 miles to work. Is this noteworthy? No. It's my job. And my privilege.

I'm still not in bed! I really should be!

Yes, John, I wore the strappy shoes that make me even taller and make my legs look just so. And the short leopard skirt. And my Florence and the Machine concert tee with the sleeves cut off and the neckline cut low ... maybe he was making eyes at me! ;)

He read a chapter from his new book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and then answered some audience questions. He is so funny he had the whole audience in stitches the whole time. He just barely mentioned a sequel to Neverwhere and the whole audience gasped out loud. He stopped and marveled ... "That was the most amazing group gasp I've ever heard!" Then he read a bit from his new book coming out in the fall, a children's book called, "Remarkably, the Milk" which sounded really funny and silly. The he sat down to sign books for 750 people. I bet they were there until 1am! This is his last book signing tour, he says it is getting just too hard (I think a few days ago he signed books for 1700 people) but I'm sure he will do speaking tours and the like. I got his new book personally signed to me with my name and everything! And my copy of Coraline he just signed his name.

My friend who came with me loves him almost more than I do, and she said as we waited in line that she was going to freeze up and not be able to say anything to him. I felt the same way, that I wouldn't be able to say anything, or I would think of something dumb to say. We finally got to him, and my friend froze like she said she would. I had to act fast! I had the two books to sign in front of me on the table. In my arms I had two of his larger picture books for children that I bought for the kidlets, and another copy of his new one for my sister. What could I do to help my friend loosen up and to figure out something interesting to say? I did what anyone else would do. I purposefully dumped my armload of books right in front of him, practically in his lap, and pretended it was an accident! :D

I exclaimed! I'm so sorry! as I gathered up my books and my friend and everyone nearby was laughing. Neil smiles and says, "I'm going to pretend that never happened." So I say, "I'm going to pretend that never happened as well!" And he reached for my hand, and thanked me for coming, and our eyes met (this was the puppy dog part for dampy) and WE HAD A MOMENT! Ok, maybe he was just glassy eyed and exhausted, but I'm going to remember it as us having a moment. :rolleyes: My friend swears he was eyeing me because I looked so hot, but I think he was just distracted by the leopard print and the magic of the Florence tee. :cool:

But don't tell that I did it on purpose because I told my friend it was an accident, and she thought it was so funny and tweeted it or whatever and she has connections.

dampy, if you have advice on how to notify my readers when a new blog post happens, point me in the right direction!

Sounded like a hoot! Glad you could get Neil Gaiman to eye you, though that shouldn't be too hard with the nice getup you described. ;)

Also, I believe that users who follow your blog via email or other method should be notified of new posts. At least, that's the way it works on Naoko's blog. Goodnight. :rose:

Ooh, no! That was all very exciting. I could meet him vicariously, if nothing else. :D Thanks for sharing.

Okay, I shall fiddle with blogspot and see what I can come up with. Or you might have to add an external widget. Anyhow, let me see what I can come up with. :)

Hehe, at this rate I might accept nagging. I got to get my protagonist through a serious conversation with another character so he can meet another in a spring for a...erm...pleasant encounter. ;)

Hmm, I might need to just bring in my laptop. :rolleyes: I mean this computer is a big thing and I don't want it to be too intrusive.

It's the 'how do I take my characters to the sex' trough! I know that all too well. :rolleyes:

Uh, if you want to being the huge computer, be my guest. There's space. :D

Hi steve, how's it going? :rose:

It's the 'how do I take my characters to the sex' trough! I know that all too well. :rolleyes:

Uh, if you want to being the huge computer, be my guest. There's space. :D

Hi steve, how's it going? :rose:

Something like that. The lead up to the sex isn't the problem, it's getting through a somewhat meaningful conversation first. Hmm, how much can I...reveal...to you, not sure how far you got in reading the series. :eek:

Well, if you can be accommodating for me to bring the tower, then thank you. This thing does generate a lot of heat though. :)

Second cups are always the best, steve.

Something like that. The lead up to the sex isn't the problem, it's getting through a somewhat meaningful conversation first. Hmm, how much can I...reveal...to you, not sure how far you got in reading the series. :eek:

Well, if you can be accommodating for me to bring the tower, then thank you. This thing does generate a lot of heat though. :)

Just the first part, still. So no spoilers, sorry. :eek: But come on, you can totally do meaningful conversation! Just write it and then maybe edit it into something more later?

Oh, no problem about the heat. Right now it's a little chilly and I'm even thinking of turning the AC off for a bit.

Just the first part, still. So no spoilers, sorry. :eek: But come on, you can totally do meaningful conversation! Just write it and then maybe edit it into something more later?

Oh, no problem about the heat. Right now it's a little chilly and I'm even thinking of turning the AC off for a bit.

Yeah, I have to push through that whole "just write it" bit. I know I can always edit, but I just naturally want to perfect it on the first go.

Arg, you're making me jealous. I could use a little chilly right now. I seem to be no longer acclimated to Eastern Washington temps and am back to preferring cold weather. :rolleyes:

Steve, HP, Willie, Naoko; is Newcastle or Samuel Smith a decent beer?

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to push through that whole "just write it" bit. I know I can always edit, but I just naturally want to perfect it on the first go.

Arg, you're making me jealous. I could use a little chilly right now. I seem to be no longer acclimated to Eastern Washington temps and am back to preferring cold weather. :rolleyes:

Just write it! *cracks whip* :devil:

Well, you and your computer are welcome. :cattail:

Good night, dampy!

Hey, Steve, you sexy beast :heart:. Any more of that coffee going? As I try to get my brain in gear to make telekenetic contact with the Outlaw Dad or something (he hasn't answered the phone in two days), and do marking and ironing.

Sounded like a hoot! Glad you could get Neil Gaiman to eye you, though that shouldn't be too hard with the nice getup you described. ;)

Also, I believe that users who follow your blog via email or other method should be notified of new posts. At least, that's the way it works on Naoko's blog. Goodnight. :rose:

LOL, I was about to ask how I could get one of those widgets on my blog too - seems like I already have it! :D It's a bit tricky to get going, Shea, if you are on blogger, cuz Google are trying to make us all into Goggles or whatever someone whose soul belongs to Google is called, but dampy knows the way (that is why I am her slave, well ... that and the fact that she is so gorgeous :heart:.)

Good night, dampy!

Hey, Steve, you sexy beast :heart:. Any more of that coffee going? As I try to get my brain in gear to make telekenetic contact with the Outlaw Dad or something (he hasn't answered the phone in two days), and do marking and ironing.

LOL, I was about to ask how I could get one of those widgets on my blog too - seems like I already have it! :D It's a bit tricky to get going, Shea, if you are on blogger, cuz Google are trying to make us all into Goggles or whatever someone whose soul belongs to Google is called, but dampy knows the way (that is why I am her slave, well ... that and the fact that she is so gorgeous :heart:.)

By the way, glad to see the kittens are doing well. That little one looks so cute on the scale.

But yes, Blogger will try to force followers onto Google+. However an there should be an email option, personally I like that better. I just discovered that my blog has the email option only. Though I really haven't messed with it since it was really just for the Cali trip.

My I bring you another cup of coffee? *shakes buns*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back