What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the spiders around here are mutating. I'm pretty sure the one I just killed tried to pick up my shoe. *shudder*

thanks to Scentofawoman, i'm thinking about getting a little happy for myself this weekend.

I need a salad idea, I am tried of eating boring salad, anyone have ideas?

BTW am not just eating salads it just that it's really hot and I feel like grilling and eating lighter meals

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a salad idea, I am tried of eating boring salad, anyone have ideas?

BTW am not just eating salads it just that it's really hot and I feel like grilling and eating lighter meals

i mentioned to someone the other day that as the temperatures get hotter, i'm not wanting comfort type foods, that i wanted lighter, summer friendly meals.

summertime is perfect for using seasonal fruits like peaches, blueberries, and strawberries...even citrus fruits.

if you give me an idea as to what kinds of foods and dressings you like, i'd be more than happy to search for some recipes for you.

here are a few to get you started:

watermelon, mint, and feta salad

cucumber pineapple salad

spring berry salad with lemon verbena vinaigrette

quinoa with olives, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes

couscous salad with cucumber, red onion, and herbs note from respeito : substitute the water for chicken stock or broth for extra flavor.

Weekend's Here!!!

I'm going to have one (or two) of these afterwork....

Pours pitch black color with a small dense tan head with decent retention, that reduces to a thin lace cap that lingers. Light spotty lacing clings on the glass. Aromas of big dark chocolate, roasted malt, cocoa, coffee, char, wood, smoke, toast, smoked meat, licorice, slight dark fruit, and roasted earthiness. Damn nice aromas with good balance and complexity of roasted and smoked notes; with good strength. Taste of big dark chocolate, roasted malt, cocoa, toast, coffee, char, smoke, wood, smoked meat, light licorice, light dark fruit, and roasted earthiness. Lingering notes of dark chocolate, roasted malt, char, smoke, wood, coffee, toast, licorice, and roasted earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Very nice balance and complexity of dark roasted flavors; with moderate smoke flavor balance and zero cloying flavors after the finish. Light-medium carbonation and medium-full bodied; with a very creamy and fairly slick mouthfeel that is nice. Alcohol is very well hidden with hardly any warming noticed after the finish. Overall this is an excellent smoked imperial stout. All around nice balance and complexity of roasted flavors and moderate smoke; and very smooth to sip on. A very enjoyable offering.

8188688641_972113ec81_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back