How to make amends?

Not jealous, but honestly amazed. I really am surprised that a board of such "open minded" individuals can't see that there are two sides to every story.

That is exactly what we are trying to do, but quite honestly what you are saying is "there are two sides to this story, and mine is the absolute truth"... how do we know that? Because you say so? No one on here disputes that TL did a fucked up thing, something really terrible, and almost everyone has told her what she did was wrong and she seriously needs help, no one said "awe, poor baby, we understand, it wasn't such a big thing', absolutely no one. She came in here looking for advice, we gave it, tried to tell her what we thought, we treated her as a human being who admitted she made a horrible mistake and was looking for some way forward, and we gave her advice. Yes, we treated her like a human being...and quite honestly you came on here like Suh on the Lions going after Jay Cutler, on a rampage, and accused everyone of 'mollycoddling' tl, condoning cheating, and basically acting as if there were two stories here, but rather that somehow we were all 'traitors to the cause' because we didn't jump to mimic you when you showed up. What you are doing isn't trying to protect his friend and his wife from her, what you are doing is nothing more then revenge and to put it bluntly, what you are doing is just as bad as what she did, it is just as morally repulsive. It is one thing to protect your friend, but it sounds to me like you don't care whether or not TL has moved on, is trying to pick up the pieces, you want your pound of flesh, retribution, and that is as evil as what she did. You obviously feel strongly for his friend and his wife, which is a noble thing, but a sordid act done in the name of something as wonderful as friendship still stinks, much the same as putting any other name on what TL did doesn't make it any sweeter, you can't.

I have friends, I have work colleagues, and I will stretch a lot of boundaries and rules to support them, including things that could cost me dearly if found out, because that is the right thing to do, but I do that in support of a good cause. If hounding TL was to protect your friend alone, or if you blackmailed her into keeping away from him, I could support it if it was to protect others; but revenge for revenge sake is not protecting a friend, that is about you, because it does nothing for them.

You know what's much more disturbing than vengeance, revenge or retribution?

Group think.

Do you realize how every single one of you mimics the other? The only one here who doesn't is Sweet Erika, who seems to actually think for herself.

Of course, you will say that it's because all of you are right and I'm wrong. But you can save the typing -- deep down, we all know there's more than that going on here, don't we?

This is why ms_intrigue and all the other cheats/whores/homewreckers/whatevers get away with it. They find a warm and safe place to hide behind their anonymity and do anything they want, knowing that at the end of the day, it's really only about what you're wearing to bed, how you're fucking, what your fantasies are and the drama that ensues when one Litster gets involved with another.

This is one big virtual high school locker room.

Obviously you are desperate to change my mind, and I have to wonder why. Is it because The_Librarian/ms_intrigue reminds you of yourselves? Maybe because you feel as though you have to choose a virtual side, and you're choosing the one that you think most of your virtual friends might be on? Perhaps you see what could happen to YOU if your secrets were out? Or is it all about fitting in and saying the popular thing? Because a lot of you are just as hellbent on changing my mind as I am hellbent on making ms_intrigue pay.

This has definitely been an eye-opening thread, but not for the reasons that most of you seem to have hoped.

preschool versus high school

Group think.

Do you realize how every single one of you mimics the other? The only one here who doesn't is Sweet Erika, who seems to actually think for herself.

Of course, you will say that it's because all of you are right and I'm wrong. But you can save the typing -- deep down, we all know there's more than that going on here, don't we?

This is why ms_intrigue and all the other cheats/whores/homewreckers/whatevers get away with it. They find a warm and safe place to hide behind their anonymity and do anything they want, knowing that at the end of the day, it's really only about what you're wearing to bed, how you're fucking, what your fantasies are and the drama that ensues when one Litster gets involved with another.

Obviously you are desperate to change my mind, and I have to wonder why. Is it because The_Librarian/ms_intrigue reminds you of yourselves? Maybe because you feel as though you have to choose a virtual side, and you're choosing the one that you think most of your virtual friends might be on? Perhaps you see what could happen to YOU if your secrets were out? Or is it all about fitting in and saying the popular thing? Because a lot of you are just as hellbent on changing my mind as I am hellbent on making ms_intrigue pay.

This has definitely been an eye-opening thread, but not for the reasons that most of you seem to have hoped.

You know what's more disturbing than alleged group think ? It's one person who can't look in the mirror and get over himself.

Yawn. You're boring already. The way you sneer at and disdain everyone else makes you look like a petulant child throwing a tantrum.

Nobody has condoned TL's actions. Nobody. Apparently because they won't HATE HER GUTS along with you, we apparently don't agree with you. Or maybe it's more like you're too clueless in your rage to get the distinction ?

You can't erase the past in your friends' lives, you can't stop cheating going on in the world around you, you can't control anything or anyone, so you come here to get up on your soapbox and rant, rant, rant. It's all about YOU not getting the validation, recognition and support you want. And that's pretty simply about the fact that you come off as a ranting, angry asshole who won't shut the fuck up already. Because you're addicted to the attention yourself, although you won't admit it. Enough.

IF you had a clue in your head about anything, you'd realize that belittling people is NEVER going to win them to your side. I mean, how do you even get by in real life anyways ? You keep mentioning how safe it is to be anonymous here. You're no fucking different AT ALL. In a real roomful of people who aren't images on the screen? You'd have had your ranting ass tossed out several pages back.

Group think.

I don't think you get it. It's not group think. If someone comes to my organization with a really shitty idea of how to do something and we all disagree, is that group think? No. It's not liking a really bad idea.

You seem to have this concept that because we disagree with your tactics, that we condone her behaviour. I liked the way TL came here and didn't offer excuses. Does that mean she is acting them out in real life? I can't know. I have no idea. You say she's not, but I have no more reason to believe you than her. The fact that she came here and called her actions whorish, selfish and unjustifiable is why people are somewhat "sympathetic", and I use that term loosely. Go to any number of threads where people come here and want a pat on there back (look at the pube shaving one going on now). They get less than a warm reception.

For the millionth time, no one condones her behaviour. Just like we don't condone yours. there are people here with a lot of experience in this area. Some of them have done the things you're going to do and they say they regret it. You're more stubborn than us. Every single one of us thinks you're wrong.

Someone once told me (because I can be a know it all asshole) that, while I may be the smartest person in the room, that I'm not smarter than the collective room. Meaning, I may have more knowledge than any one person in that room. But my knowledge as an individual didn't supersede that of the collective experiences of everyone there. So while you may know more about the situation than any of us, it doesn't mean that your actions are justified.

What is annoying is that you still think what you are doing is making things just. I would love to see you just admit that you're being vengeful. You're mentality is the same as that of the people who blow up abortion clinics. You see what is injustice and you think that your way of correcting it, no matter the collateral damage, is the right way.

I am interested in knowing more about how long you knew your friend was cheating and all that. I mean, did you, as soon as you found out, out your friend? I mean, I imagine you have him some grace. How long did you know all this was going on? Is he better because he confessed sooner? Or because he had something to lose? I am not implying anything by that, I really want to know.

"Dear Studious Litster,

They are happy.
So I had to leave them alone.

Now it's your turn to stop...
Or I will tell your boyfriend.

Sincerely,
The Former Other Man"

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=40099298#post40099298

I find this post, made by heavyhitter on2/26/12 to be intriguing. Seems not all is what it seems.

Thanks for looking back at the one post I wrote on here way back when. Of course that was directed at ms_intrigue. Let me copy and paste what she wrote back then (which, of course, she has since deleted):

From ms_intrigue on February 22, 2012:

"Dear Litster,

You know who you are, amigo. I don't usually post in the Playground, and so I don't know if you come by this thread. Maybe you'll see this, and maybe you won't. But I'm feeling feisty, so I'm putting this out there as a little Lit scavenger hunt of sorts. If you come across this, send me a PM, and I'll have something for you in return. It's not a free trip to Disneyland, but I think you'll like it anyway...

Sincerely,
Moi"

That was just one of her many attempts to get the attention of my friend. It was the last straw. THAT is when I started planning what I'm doing right now.

Wondering what I meant by my own posting? I'm happy to tell you. I was once involved with a married woman...and no, it was NOT the woman who is married to my friend.

Before you start throwing stones, remember that I never said I was without sin. I never said I hadn't done things in my life that were wrong. Let me remind you again of the difference between "most people" and ms_intrigue:

Most people feel guilty for the wrongs they commit. Most people have a conscience. Most people see the error of their ways and try to fix things if they can.

ms_intrigue has no sense of morals or conscience. She didn't feel guilty at all until she was called out. She has never tried to fix the wrongs, but instead, has sought to do MORE wrong.

I really don't know what part of that you people don't understand. It's like you can't see the difference.

Group think.

I'll say it again....I have offered the advice asked for. I have not condoned her actions. If you can ptive I have the I will apologise.

If you cannot then I would like an apology for the accusations against me. Privately or publicly.

What is annoying is that you still think what you are doing is making things just. I would love to see you just admit that you're being vengeful. You're mentality is the same as that of the people who blow up abortion clinics. You see what is injustice and you think that your way of correcting it, no matter the collateral damage, is the right way.

The definition of vengeful is "seeking to harm someone in return for a perceived injury." So of course I'm vengeful. I never said I wasn't.

Christ, do you people even READ?

I am interested in knowing more about how long you knew your friend was cheating and all that. I mean, did you, as soon as you found out, out your friend? I mean, I imagine you have him some grace. How long did you know all this was going on? Is he better because he confessed sooner? Or because he had something to lose? I am not implying anything by that, I really want to know.

His then-girlfriend (now his wife) suspected something was up when he didn't call her as planned during a trip he took through North Carolina. She called and asked me if I knew anything. I didn't have any clue until that moment.

When he got back from that trip four days later, he confessed everything to her. I wasn't there for the confession, but I saw the aftermath. It was ugly, as you can imagine.

Did I out my friend? No. I didn't have to. He confessed almost immediately after the fact. Why did he confess? He said he was eaten up with guilt. He said ms_intrigue was the biggest mistake of his life. He told his girlfriend as soon as he got home and begged for her forgiveness.

Is he a better person because he confessed sooner? Perhaps not. But he IS a better person because he has taken full responsibility for what he did, shown true remorse and worked hard to make things right.

ms_intrigue, on the other hand, has definitely not done any of those things.

Thanks for looking back at the one post I wrote on here way back when. Of course that was directed at ms_intrigue. Let me copy and paste what she wrote back then (which, of course, she has since deleted):

"Dear Litster,

You know who you are, amigo. I don't usually post in the Playground, and so I don't know if you come by this thread. Maybe you'll see this, and maybe you won't. But I'm feeling feisty, so I'm putting this out there as a little Lit scavenger hunt of sorts. If you come across this, send me a PM, and I'll have something for you in return. It's not a free trip to Disneyland, but I think you'll like it anyway...

Sincerely,
Moi"

That was just one of her many attempts to get the attention of my friend. It was the last straw. THAT is when I started planning what I'm doing right now.

Wondering what I meant by my own posting? I'm happy to tell you. I was once involved with a married woman...and no, it was NOT the woman who is married to my friend.

Before you start throwing stones, remember that I never said I was without sin. I never said I hadn't done things in my life that were wrong. Let me remind you again of the difference between "most people" and ms_intrigue:

Most people feel guilty for the wrongs they commit. Most people have a conscience. Most people see the error of their ways and try to fix things if they can.

ms_intrigue has no sense of morals or conscience. She didn't feel guilty at all until she was called out. She has never tried to fix the wrongs, but instead, has sought to do MORE wrong.

I really don't know what part of that you people don't understand. It's like you can't see the difference.

Can you see my posts?
Anybody at all...feel free to tell me how I've condoned her actions and I'll apologise.

The definition of vengeful is "seeking to harm someone in return for a perceived injury." So of course I'm vengeful. I never said I wasn't.

Christ, do you people even READ?

Yes I read. My point was, admit you are simply being vengeful. This doesn't have to do with doing the right thing or bringing swift justice and protecting the innocent, Literoticaman, the new condescending superhero of the forums. Fighting wrong with wrong!

Yes I read. My point was, admit you are simply being vengeful. This doesn't have to do with doing the right thing or bringing swift justice and protecting the innocent, Literoticaman, the new condescending superhero of the forums. Fighting wrong with wrong!

That's cute. What's Literociaman's costume? A full-body condom?

"Dear Litster,

Sincerely,
Moi"

I do not care about any guilt you may have felt about your actions.
You are scum of the earth...to do such a thing regardless of how you felt after the fact is disgusting.

Please tell us all how justice was served against you. In detail.

You're still a hypocrite.

"Dear Litster,

Sincerely,
Moi"

So you're better because, despite knowing and feeling bad, you cheated? Really? The sociopath at least doesn't feel it's wrong. I'm not saying it is better. But the fact that you got guilt and did it anyway doesn't make you better.

Your argument is terrible.

*sigh*

There is no point in arguing with anyone on this thread.

I've stated my case. I've said my piece. You obviously don't agree with it and choose to paint me as the asshole, which is fine. It's just a virtual locker room anyway, and ultimately the things thrown around here won't change the decisions I have made.

The fact that I don't line up with your version of "right and wrong" has all of you howling like outraged monkeys...which was cute at first, but is quickly becoming tedious as I realize it's the same thing, over and over and over.

If you have something new to say, then by all means, say it. If you have an original argument that actually takes into account the entirety of the situation, let's hear it.

Otherwise, why beat a dead horse?

For any lurkers who are actually wondering what will happen to Little Miss Innocent, the fun has started. Several of her old college buddies, Facebook friends and extended family already know a quite a bit and are VERY interested in learning more. Next up: the boyfriend and the boss. Both of those will be...interesting.

*sigh*

There is no point in arguing with anyone on this thread.

I've stated my case. I've said my piece. You obviously don't agree with it and choose to paint me as the asshole, which is fine. It's just a virtual locker room anyway, and ultimately the things thrown around here won't change the decisions I have made.

The fact that I don't line up with your version of "right and wrong" has all of you howling like outraged monkeys...which was cute at first, but is quickly becoming tedious as I realize it's the same thing, over and over and over.

If you have something new to say, then by all means, say it. If you have an original argument that actually takes into account the entirety of the situation, let's hear it.

Otherwise, why beat a dead horse?

For any lurkers who are actually wondering what will happen to Little Miss Innocent, the fun has started. Several of her old college buddies, Facebook friends and extended family already know a quite a bit and are VERY interested in learning more. Next up: the boyfriend and the boss. Both of those will be...interesting.

Why the job? Does that have anything to do with it?

And again, you accuse us of being retards because we shit on you for not lining up with our version of right and wrong. Doesn't the same apply to you?

And what kind of justice was brought to you when you fucked a married woman? That was a legit question I didn't see answered.

OP I really don't think you feel any remorse or even care about "making amends." I know I'm in the minority here on this one, but to me, it doesn't even read like you are capable of remorse, let alone "making amends." If you truly had ANY interest in making amends you would have walked away and let things move on, accepted your role in this shit fight, sucked it up, and moved on (to your next game I'm guessing).

I think the only thing you're sorry about is that it's ended, you lost out, and you've been found out and it now seems that SOMEONE is calling you to account (for whatever reason or motivation it doesn't really matter). THAT is probably the only reason why you even THOUGHT to "make amends" in the first place.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but look.... I'm just not buying what you're selling.

Heavyhitter will be over to buy you roses shortly. :)

But see, she disagreed with us. But she didn't have to call her a whore. And she was effective.

Why the job? Does that have anything to do with it?

And again, you accuse us of being retards because we shit on you for not lining up with our version of right and wrong. Doesn't the same apply to you?

And what kind of justice was brought to you when you fucked a married woman? That was a legit question I didn't see answered.

I didn't answer that question simply because I'm not responding to the idiot who keeps demanding an apology -- I think he's the one who asked. I pretty much ignore what he has to say.

But you're right, it is a legit question.

It was a little over five years ago. She was a coworker of mine who went on and on about all her marital problems. They were separated, then they weren't, then they were. She was entirely believable. Whatever -- it doesn't justify my actions in any way, but it helps explain them a bit.

I slept with her one time. I felt smug about it for a few days but then the guilt started to set in. Quite simply, I wasn't raised to do things like that. A week later I told her that it would never happen again, and I meant it.

A few weeks after that her husband found out and confronted me in the parking lot after work. I honestly thought he might shoot me. Why else would he be waiting in that dark parking garage? But instead, he broke down and cried like a little baby.

Have you ever seen a grown man cry like that? I've seen women cry, but I've never seen a woman cry like that guy did. Turns out his wife was lying to others to get what she wanted. There were no marital problems. She just liked variety and playing her little games.

He was blindsided. His heart was utterly broken. Seeing him go through that -- because of ME -- was the worst punishment I can imagine. I still have nightmares about that. It makes me feel like crying to even think about it right now.

So yes, I have paid. I have paid dearly. Maybe that woman's husband wants to inflict even more pain on me and if he does, I say go ahead. Maybe I don't want to deal with it, but does that matter? I'm certain I deserve anything he might possibly dish out. Nothing I can do in my lifetime will make up for the pain I caused him.

Sure, his wife was culpable. She was the one who stepped out on him. But you know what? She stepped out with ME. That makes me responsible too.

So maybe that gives you a glimpse into my psyche. Fast forward a few years and guess what I saw again? My friend's girlfriend, falling to her knees in tears, crying until she threw up, not eating for weeks, but somehow finding the courage to tell my friend, "I forgive you, and let's get through this."

I have seen the kind of courage that takes. I also have a very clear knowledge of what it looks like when someone is truly remorseful, because I have been there, and will be there for the rest of my life.

So when I say that ms_intrigue has no remorse, morals or anything resembling a conscience, I actually know what I'm talking about.

PEONIES .... got that? hehe

Peonies are beautiful, and I'm sure you are as well. :)

But since you are married, I would simply nudge your husband and say, "Dude...have you brought her flowers lately?"

And I hope the man would oblige and give you all the peonies your house can hold.

I didn't answer that question simply because I'm not responding to the idiot who keeps demanding an apology -- I think he's the one who asked. I pretty much ignore what he has to say.

But you're right, it is a legit question.

It was a little over five years ago. She was a coworker of mine who went on and on about all her marital problems. They were separated, then they weren't, then they were. She was entirely believable. Whatever -- it doesn't justify my actions in any way, but it helps explain them a bit.

I slept with her one time. I felt smug about it for a few days but then the guilt started to set in. Quite simply, I wasn't raised to do things like that. A week later I told her that it would never happen again, and I meant it.

A few weeks after that her husband found out and confronted me in the parking lot after work. I honestly thought he might shoot me. Why else would he be waiting in that dark parking garage? But instead, he broke down and cried like a little baby.

Have you ever seen a grown man cry like that? I've seen women cry, but I've never seen a woman cry like that guy did. Turns out his wife was lying to others to get what she wanted. There were no marital problems. She just liked variety and playing her little games.

He was blindsided. His heart was utterly broken. Seeing him go through that -- because of ME -- was the worst punishment I can imagine. I still have nightmares about that. It makes me feel like crying to even think about it right now.

So yes, I have paid. I have paid dearly. Maybe that woman's husband wants to inflict even more pain on me and if he does, I say go ahead. Maybe I don't want to deal with it, but does that matter? I'm certain I deserve anything he might possibly dish out. Nothing I can do in my lifetime will make up for the pain I caused him.

Sure, his wife was culpable. She was the one who stepped out on him. But you know what? She stepped out with ME. That makes me responsible too.

So maybe that gives you a glimpse into my psyche. Fast forward a few years and guess what I saw again? My friend's girlfriend, falling to her knees in tears, crying until she threw up, not eating for weeks, but somehow finding the courage to tell my friend, "I forgive you, and let's get through this."

I have seen the kind of courage that takes. I also have a very clear knowledge of what it looks like when someone is truly remorseful, because I have been there, and will be there for the rest of my life.

So when I say that ms_intrigue has no remorse, morals or anything resembling a conscience, I actually know what I'm talking about.

Why wouldn't you respond?
You made a statement and I challenged it. Since you chose to ignore it in the first place I decided it obviously doesn't matter what I say.
It's a simple point...if you are wrong the admit it.
My reason is simple, if you have read what I've said to her then you might understand how I feel about being accused of condoning such behaviour.
Yet you haven't defended this accusation.
Please do so.

Last edited:
Back