That Pipeline

Me too, moreso with a gasoline engine. But, when there is no good alternative and Spring is a long time away, you do what you need to do.

Strooth. I suppose those chemical handwarmers are orders of magnitude too feeble.

The real reason Obaham is waiting the year out to allow the pipe line is because he has vested interests in Brizillian Oil companies.

Duh, Money....

-rolls eye's-
Brazil is the country. Brizillian is a number.

I hope nobody. I wonder if a few MRE heaters would be sufficient.

No experience with those. There are some nice plans for some little direct (yet remote) air heaters that use MSR stoves as the heating element. I could see putting on together for emergencies.

No experience with those. There are some nice plans for some little direct (yet remote) air heaters that use MSR stoves as the heating element. I could see putting on together for emergencies.

I imagine it would be easy enough to do the same with a propane torch, too.

What is the argument against it?
Why does it go all the way to the Gulf?
Why doesn't Canada build a refinery nearer the source?
Why can't it go to Illinois where there is already excess refining capacity?

Addendum: iMan said one of my posts was 'hogwash' and his words are hurtful.

Rush claims Obama stopped the pipeline because he wants to milk both sides (environ Whackos & big oil) for all their contributions to his reelection.

He will make his decision on the pipeline next September........:)

Fucking goddamn politicians. It's a simple fucking pipeline. There are thousands of them all around the world. It's how you get your natural gas and it's how you get your gasoline.

How (and why) the fuck did this become political?

Fucking goddamn politicians. It's a simple fucking pipeline. There are thousands of them all around the world. It's how you get your natural gas and it's how you get your gasoline.

We've managed to politicize much more trivial things in this culture war that's basically a cold Civil War. Why not a major infrastructure project?

Tree huggers

We've managed to politicize much more trivial things in this culture war that's basically a cold Civil War. Why not a major infrastructure project?

If you have the money, go for it. :D

How close is that to a Brazillian?

Seriously, how much insight does it take to realize that American energy policy can be summed up as follows?

beggar-meme-generator-gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme-093d3c.jpg

Yet here you are wasting electricity to post.:cool:

I put a lot of effort into reducing my energy use. But even if I didn't, the message is still correct. You can shoot heroin all day long and if you say "No one should shoot heroin" you'd still be right.

For some reason, the conversation isn't about whether our ridiculous and unnecessary consumption is a good or bad idea. It's about how we can get more while pretending there's no harm in it. Making every conceivable sort of twisted argument to justify it.

Here you go:

floatingbottles.jpg

Have a Coke and a smile.

I put a lot of effort into reducing my energy use. But even if I didn't, the message is still correct. You can shoot heroin all day long and if you say "No one should shoot heroin" you'd still be right.

For some reason, the conversation isn't about whether our ridiculous and unnecessary consumption is a good or bad idea. It's about how we can get more while pretending there's no harm in it. Making every conceivable sort of twisted argument to justify it.

Here you go:

floatingbottles.jpg

Have a Coke and a smile.

ththcokesmiley.gif

Never drink the fructose sodas, I only use glass or http://www.kleankanteen.com/. The thread is about a pipeline. ;)

Back