Yes, the rich really do pay their “fair share” of income taxes

What benefit?

The poor pay less than 3% of the revenue received by the IRS, while the wealthy pay over 50%, so how is that a "benefit" when they're the ones paying for everyone else?

Math is a thing.

One tenth of the wealth of top wealthiest 10% is more than 100% of the wealth of the lower 50%.

Should a billionaire pay no more than someone who makes an “average” salary? Would that be equitable in your view?

dudly, you really should STFU because it's become obvious that you have no clue about business, finance, taxes, or anything else to do with money except how to spend it unwisely while blaming the other guy for you not having enough of it.
Multi-business owner. I know exactly how this works and that you're absolutely full of it.

Multi-business owner. I know exactly how this works and that you're absolutely full of it.

Sure, whatever you say Mister Multi-Business owner who thinks it's a good idea for you to pay more taxes...

Math is a thing.

One tenth of the wealth of top wealthiest 10% is more than 100% of the wealth of the lower 50%.

Should a billionaire pay no more than someone who makes an “average” salary? Would that be equitable in your view?

How exactly would forcing a billionaire to pay more taxes be "equitable" for anyone when they already pay more than everyone else?

Meanwhile, Musk posted on Twitter that for 2022 he personally paid more income taxes than anyone else in the entire history of mankind ever has and is poised to do the same for 2023. That's not exactly fitting in with your belief that he's not paying enough.

Sure, whatever you say Mister Multi-Business owner who thinks it's a good idea for you to pay more taxes...
I do think its a good idea, not that I make enough money after expenses for this to really affect me. Business owner doesn't mean rich.

How exactly would forcing a billionaire to pay more taxes be "equitable" for anyone when they already pay more than everyone else?

Meanwhile, Musk posted on Twitter that for 2022 he personally paid more income taxes than anyone else in the entire history of mankind ever has and is poised to do the same for 2023. That's not exactly fitting in with your belief that he's not paying enough.

Does it not make sense that the richest man in history should have the highest tax bill in history?

Does it not make sense that the richest man in history should have the highest tax bill in history?

It does.

And yet some of those who believe like you do say he's not paying hardly any taxes at all.

Remember that 3% that keeps getting tossed around by those who want "the rich" to pay more taxes? That's how much some say that Musk pays when the truth is much much different. And you're good with that without understanding that it's not "equitable." It's just wealth envy and jealousy by the mob and you support it despite the fact that it's nothing more than pure bullshit.

Which incidentally is also why you're losing the culture war - your "truths" aren't and most people know it.

I do think its a good idea, not that I make enough money after expenses for this to really affect me. Business owner doesn't mean rich.

Lol. This looks A LOT like an admission that you don't understand and follow proper business methods/accounting principles when it comes to pricing your products and services.

And yet you say I'm the one who doesn't understand how it works...

It does.

And yet some of those who believe like you do say he's not paying hardly any taxes at all.

Remember that 3% that keeps getting tossed around by those who want "the rich" to pay more taxes? That's how much some say that Musk pays when the truth is much much different. And you're good with that without understanding that it's not "equitable." It's just wealth envy and jealousy by the mob and you support it despite the fact that it's nothing more than pure bullshit.

Which incidentally is also why you're losing the culture war - your "truths" aren't and most people know it.
We aren't losing the culture war. The only reason its even a fight is because the EC skews things heavily in favor of conservatives. Otherwise this would be a one hit KO. There is a very good reason why the Right is focused on CRT and Woke and not talking policy, its because they don't have a policy, at least not one that resonated with the average human being.

The reality is that the UBER rich should be paying damn near all the taxes since damn near all the services benefit them more than anybody else. Especially when you are talking about the big government expenses not the chump change stuff.

We aren't losing the culture war. The only reason its even a fight is because the EC skews things heavily in favor of conservatives. Otherwise this would be a one hit KO. There is a very good reason why the Right is focused on CRT and Woke and not talking policy, its because they don't have a policy, at least not one that resonated with the average human being.

The reality is that the UBER rich should be paying damn near all the taxes since damn near all the services benefit them more than anybody else. Especially when you are talking about the big government expenses not the chump change stuff.

With over 50% of the revenue received by the government being paid by the "uber rich", they're ALREADY paying more than their fair share.

Or haven't you managed to understand that with all your flailing around about how the tax laws "benefit" them so they don't pay enough even though it's FACT that they pay most of what the government takes in?

Then of course I take issue with the idea that you're supporting the camp which says it's ok for them to pay more but you need to pay less because you're not rich like them. That sounds a little too self serving to me.

It does.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You make conversations into trash just like the the other posters you whine about.

Where the fuck did I ever say that Elon Musk doesn’t pay enough? He’s actually one of the few billionaires who doesn’t evade every bit if tax exposure he possibly can.

I’m much more concerned about the many ways high end real estate investors can shelter their profits and write off nearly all of their tax exposure while raising the cost of living while providing almost no jobs or any benefits to society.

Elon Musk may be an asshat but he actually drives innovation and improves lives.

You seem to be purely social ballast.

With over 50% of the revenue received by the government being paid by the "uber rich", they're ALREADY paying more than their fair share.

Or haven't you managed to understand that with all your flailing around about how the tax laws "benefit" them so they don't pay enough even though it's FACT that they pay most of what the government takes in?

Then of course I take issue with the idea that you're supporting the camp which says it's ok for them to pay more but you need to pay less because you're not rich like them. That sounds a little too self serving to me.

What makes you think 50% is their fair share?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You make conversations into trash just like the the other posters you whine about.

Where the fuck did I ever say that Elon Musk doesn’t pay enough? He’s actually one of the few billionaires who doesn’t evade every bit if tax exposure he possibly can.

I’m much more concerned about the many ways high end real estate investors can shelter their profits and write off nearly all of their tax exposure while raising the cost of living while providing almost no jobs or any benefits to society.

Elon Musk may be an asshat but he actually drives innovation and improves lives.

You seem to be purely social ballast.

DUDE, you're all in on "the rich" paying more taxes. HOW EXACTLY do you think Musk isn't part of that crowd?

Additionally, do you think he's the only rich guy who pays all the taxes he owes? (Which is why the government gets more than half of it's annual revenues from guys just like Musk.) And yet more than half of all Americans pay LESS THAN 3% of the tax revenues so clearly it's the fault of the uber rich for not paying more than they do.

Jesus you're fucking dense.

The fact that they are not freeloading. Its really well more than 50%, closer to 90% at the low end.

The fact that they are not freeloading. Its really well more than 50%, closer to 90% at the low end.

When you pay little to nothing while demanding that someone else pay more so that you can have an even easier life, you're freeloading.

DUDE, you're all in on "the rich" paying more taxes. HOW EXACTLY do you think Musk isn't part of that crowd?

Additionally, do you think he's the only rich guy who pays all the taxes he owes? (Which is why the government gets more than half of it's annual revenues from guys just like Musk.) And yet more than half of all Americans pay LESS THAN 3% of the tax revenues so clearly it's the fault of the uber rich for not paying more than they do.

Jesus you're fucking dense.

How could the lower 50% of earners pay as much in total taxes as the top 10%?

The math is not there. Wealth and income are so highly concentrated in the upper end that there is no way for the lower 50% to contribute anywhere near as much in taxes as the wealthy 10%

What fantasy world do you live in?

When you pay little to nothing while demanding that someone else pay more so that you can have an even easier life, you're freeloading.

When you live in a society that gives so much economic leverage to the wealthiest the cost of living rises. Do you deny this?

How could the lower 50% of earners pay as much in total taxes as the top 10%?

The math is not there. Wealth and income are so highly concentrated in the upper end that there is no way for the lower 50% to contribute anywhere near as much in taxes as the wealthy 10%

What fantasy world do you live in?

This is a red herring because you're not talking about taxing everyone equally. Meanwhile I'm saying that the rich pay most of the taxes and you're all in on making them pay more in the name of equity that's more like robbery.

When you live in a society that gives so much economic leverage to the wealthiest the cost of living rises. Do you deny this?

I live in a society which used to value and reward hard work instead of stealing from the rich to keep for themselves. A society which then blames the rich for not being more generous.

That would apply mostly to the rich however. Your logic does not hold up.

The rich got that way by working.

You and those who believe as you do are poor for the opposite reason. That's not the fault of those who created their wealth.

I live in a society which used to value and reward hard work instead of stealing from the rich to keep for themselves. A society which then blames the rich for not being more generous.
You live in a society that used to steal from the rich to keep for themselves so often it simply wasn't questioned. You grew into a society that worships hard work even when it very, very rarely pays off as advertised.

You and those who believe as you do are poor for the opposite reason. That's not the fault of those who created their wealth.
No they didn't. Most of them were born at least halfway up the totem pole if not farther than that. They didn't create the wealth, the rest of us did.

No, close to 25% of those rich people got their money by inheritance.

Back