Where are all the British guys n girls?!?!?

I could go on & on about the art I like. I love anything that shows imagination, anything that uses colour, things that create moods. I know that's all a bit kind of vague.

I know of Kahlo, can't say that I've really gone into her stuff enough to have an opinion. From what I remember though some of it seemed a bit grim.

then do....go on :D

*veronica pulls up a chair and pours a cuppa*

i find kahlo interesting and i think the grimness comes from her constant pain....i think it's an amazing way to express how she was feeling on the inside...i can relate as when i write i do the same.

i have some van gogh prints too, but i have to say it's pales into insignificance to the real thing....oh my! when you see his stuff for real it's so amazing!

did you catch the van gogh exhibit at the royal academy a couple years back?

one of my favs of his is wheat field with cyprusses....the colours and textures are so beautiful!

I didn't, but I have seen the Wheat Field, at the National I think. I agree there is nothing that compares to seeing the real thing.

I didn't, but I have seen the Wheat Field, at the National I think. I agree there is nothing that compares to seeing the real thing.

you're right, there is one at the national gallery (and also one at the met in nyc)...

every time i go to the national i HAVE to see it....i'm like a junkie getting a hit :D

Addicted to Vincent? There are worse things.

not just him, but certain paintings in general.

another of my mostest favs is "execution of lady jane grey" by delaroche....haunting theme of course, but such a beautiful piece of work and the detail is amazing!

all this chatting has made me yearn for a trip to the museums of capital city :(

not just him, but certain paintings in general.

another of my mostest favs is "execution of lady jane grey" by delaroche....haunting theme of course, but such a beautiful piece of work and the detail is amazing!

all this chatting has made me yearn for a trip to the museums of capital city :(

I think that is in the National too, sure I saw it there.

I'm with you there a trip around London's museums would be fantastic. Is it far for you?

I think that is in the National too, sure I saw it there.

I'm with you there a trip around London's museums would be fantastic. Is it far for you?

you're right it's in the national too...another of my 'hits' when in the vicinity.

i'm an hour away from london by train so it's quite handy.

though if you're in manchester, that's not a bad run either....you can get a direct train that isn't too time consuming.

(and no i'm not a train spotter, though with my nerdiness, it might be a possibility one of these days....my ex lived in glasgow and he took that trainline when he visited me here)

you're right it's in the national too...another of my 'hits' when in the vicinity.

i'm an hour away from london by train so it's quite handy.

though if you're in manchester, that's not a bad run either....you can get a direct train that isn't too time consuming.

(and no i'm not a train spotter, though with my nerdiness, it might be a possibility one of these days....my ex lived in glasgow and he took that trainline when he visited me here)

You are right it's not that time consuming to get from M/cr to London. I might just jump on the train when I next have a free weekend.

Hello all,
Extremely cold today! The hateful snow is falling and I am simply not going out in it.

Art wise I love Turner, his use of light is fantastic, have seen a few of his minor works at Petworth. Stunning!

Hello all,
Extremely cold today! The hateful snow is falling and I am simply not going out in it.

Art wise I love Turner, his use of light is fantastic, have seen a few of his minor works at Petworth. Stunning!

very wise daisy to stay in and not get involved with the nutters on the road!

turner is very lovely as well...seen a few of his at the national.

*veronica books train ticket*

Hello all,

Hiya, a wide decision to stay indoors & keep warm.

Turner another great.

You are right it's not that time consuming to get from M/cr to London. I might just jump on the train when I next have a free weekend.

sounds a capital idea! :)

and what museums are your favourites in london village?

by the way, i'd imagine you have some great museums in manx, no?

sounds a capital idea! :)

and what museums are your favourites in london village?

by the way, i'd imagine you have some great museums in manx, no?

Every time I visit London I come hom ewishing I had stayed longer. There is so much, British Museum, V&A, The National. I love the sight stoo Westminster Abbey, the Tower all the touristy stuff.

There are places worth visting in M/cr, the Whitworth, City Art Gallery, Science & Indusrty Museum, Manchester Musem, People's History Museum. I think if you live in a fair sized city there is always something to do.

Every time I visit London I come hom ewishing I had stayed longer. There is so much, British Museum, V&A, The National. I love the sight stoo Westminster Abbey, the Tower all the touristy stuff.

There are places worth visting in M/cr, the Whitworth, City Art Gallery, Science & Indusrty Museum, Manchester Musem, People's History Museum. I think if you live in a fair sized city there is always something to do.

yes, we have some great museums in oxford too.

went to the v&a in november to see a few exhibits...was great.

will be going to the british museum soon to see the pompeii exhibit....looking forward to it.

haven't been to the natural history museum for awhile so will have to do that as well.

yes, we have some great museums in oxford too.

went to the v&a in november to see a few exhibits...was great.

will be going to the british museum soon to see the pompeii exhibit....looking forward to it.

haven't been to the natural history museum for awhile so will have to do that as well.

That sounds interesting, how long is it on for?

the pompeii exhibit?...not sure as haven't yet booked my ticket....it starts soon though so i guess i need to pull my finger out eh :rolleyes:

I couldn't possible comment:D

Let me know the dates. I'd like to see the Pompeii thing. I love history too.

yes lovely snow here too! :D

might have to go walking in it later on and get a few snaps...looks beautiful!

how are you today mr nights?

Not Bad, cold though!!!!

Would love a walk in fresh virgin snow, with the wind drifting the snow across the fields.

How you Veronica?

Not Bad, cold though!!!!

Would love a walk in fresh virgin snow, with the wind drifting the snow across the fields.

How you Veronica?

i'm fine thanks mr nights....just celebrating my lotto win of last night with a cup of hot tea.....i managed to win 5 point 6.......pounds :D

are you off on a snowy walk this afternoon?

I couldn't possible comment:D

Let me know the dates. I'd like to see the Pompeii thing. I love history too.

i'm sure the dates are on the british museum website by now.

from what i read last autumn, it looks to be an interesting exhibit.

ah ok....i better get my skates on and book..don't want to be in the midst of london village during the summer tourist season :eek:

Not the best time of year to be somewhere like London. I must get moving now. Hope we can chat again soon, it's been great.

Take care.

Not the best time of year to be somewhere like London. I must get moving now. Hope we can chat again soon, it's been great.

Take care.

have a good day too young sir!

no doubt i'll see you dancing across the boards again soon!

Back