UK Online Directory. v9.

Morning all

I am venturing out - need to get to the bank and post some bits....
Bike ride along the canal...

...feels a bit like a day out!

Went to do some shopping yesterday, drove 7 miles to my nearest supermarket . . . Lidl . . . I was there just as they opened up, at 8 o'clock, there were only 2 people in front of me and I was in the shop for about 1/2 an hour, in that time probably another half dozen customers came in.

Bag of baking spuds, aubergines to make "Melanzane alla parmigiana", panic bought 2 litre bottles of gin and 6 bottles of "diet" tonic, fresh herbs, a loaf of crusty bread and a dozen cans of dog food for the "boys".

Nothing drastic, the shelves were virtually full for the exception of rice/pasta and tinned tomatoes.

The really eery bit was the drive back home, except for dozens of lorries and a couple of vans I only counted another 8 private cars on a stretch of road at in a "normal" situation would have me stop start at the 3 most infamous roundabouts of North Cambridgeshire.

I am starting to appreciate this lock-down lark.

Went to do some shopping yesterday, drove 7 miles to my nearest supermarket . . . Lidl . . . I was there just as they opened up, at 8 o'clock, there were only 2 people in front of me and I was in the shop for about 1/2 an hour, in that time probably another half dozen customers came in.

Bag of baking spuds, aubergines to make "Melanzane alla parmigiana", panic bought 2 litre bottles of gin and 6 bottles of "diet" tonic, fresh herbs, a loaf of crusty bread and a dozen cans of dog food for the "boys".

Nothing drastic, the shelves were virtually full for the exception of rice/pasta and tinned tomatoes.

The really eery bit was the drive back home, except for dozens of lorries and a couple of vans I only counted another 8 private cars on a stretch of road at in a "normal" situation would have me stop start at the 3 most infamous roundabouts of North Cambridgeshire.

I am starting to appreciate this lock-down lark.

word has it the parkway (various) was heavy with police presence yesterday.

Morning all

I am venturing out - need to get to the bank and post some bits....
Bike ride along the canal...

...feels a bit like a day out!

It's interesting how things we took for granted are now almost elicit pleasures!

The roads feel safer for cycling too, and because all work travel has stopped for me I get to do a single daily ride out at the end of the day, 31 days on the trot so far ... best mileage under my belt for years at this time!

It's interesting how things we took for granted are now almost elicit pleasures!

The roads feel safer for cycling too, and because all work travel has stopped for me I get to do a single daily ride out at the end of the day, 31 days on the trot so far ... best mileage under my belt for years at this time!

Cycling i am hoping to do more of... did circa 20 miles the other day (along the river, country path..

Daily walking of the ddogs (next doors) has been an added bonus - although heya re quite a handful..
but i need that exercise (diabetic)

But yes - bizarrely we will all go back to the ways of overcrowding - stress levels and complaining about shit that we are part of.

Proof that men are from Mars, women are from Venus and they meet in the middle

Critical Thinking At Its Best!

Woman: Do you drink beer?
Man: Yes
Woman: how many beers a day?
Man: Usually about 3
Woman: How much do you pay per beer?
Man: £3.00 which includes a tip

(This is where it gets scary !)

Woman: How long have you been drinking?
Man: About 20 years, I suppose
Woman: So a beer costs £3 and you have 3 beers a day which puts your spending each month at £270. In one year, it would be approximately £3,200 correct?
Man: Correct
Woman: If in 1 year you spend £3,200, not accounting for inflation, the past 20 years puts your spending at £64,000, correct?
Woman: Do you know that if you didn't drink so much beer, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari?
Man: Do you drink beer?
Woman: No
Man:Where's your Ferrari?

Critical Thinking At Its Best!

Woman: Do you drink beer?
Man: Yes
Woman: how many beers a day?
Man: Usually about 3
Woman: How much do you pay per beer?
Man: £3.00 which includes a tip

(This is where it gets scary !)

Woman: How long have you been drinking?
Man: About 20 years, I suppose
Woman: So a beer costs £3 and you have 3 beers a day which puts your spending each month at £270. In one year, it would be approximately £3,200 correct?
Woman: If in 1 year you spend £3,200, not accounting for inflation, the past 20 years puts your spending at £64,000, correct?
Woman: Do you know that if you didn't drink so much beer, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari?
Man: Do you drink beer?
Woman: No
Man:Where's your Ferrari?

i like beer? ;)

it's not like you'e working! ;)

Sadly I am working longer hours than before as I am coordinating a lot of work around my organisation's response to Covid ... daily Board meetings and a whole host of additional planning stuff as we furlough then how we might open back up when we can ... hmph

Sadly I am working longer hours than before as I am coordinating a lot of work around my organisation's response to Covid ... daily Board meetings and a whole host of additional planning stuff as we furlough then how we might open back up when we can ... hmph

i'll have your beer. :D

Back