Your Top 5 List is...

Top 5 Favorite TV sitcoms (today)

The Adams Family Still holds up. Proof you could have a passionate, loving, intelligent, and funny set of parents as the lead characters. This has been sadly lacking since then.

The Good Place. Probably my favorite. Great cast, amazing scripts, intelligent concepts, it trusted the audience, and one of the best showrun sitcoms ever. No bad seasons, few weak episodes. Brilliant. Forking brilliant.

Fraser. When it was on its game (which wasn't always, but more often than not) it was intelligently written and perfectly acted. David Hyde Pierce was a revelation with both wit and incredibly good physical comedy.

WKRP in Cincinnati I have friends in radio. They say that this is the most accurate show ever. And the Thanksgiving episode is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen, all from Richard Sanders's brilliant voice and facial expressions. Solid show all the way around. The reboot? Not so much.

It's Garry Shandling's Show So far ahead of the sitcom curve that it was ridiculous.

(As @__Nathan1968 stated, Schitt's Creek is too good a show to call it a sitcom.)

Seinfeld
Modern Family
Family Guy
Married With Children
That 70's Show

The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Parks & Rec
Cosby Show (problematic)
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

My Top 5 sitcoms, no order

Arrested Development
Schitt’s Creek
Parks and Rec
Good Place
Cheers

Arrested Development
Golden Girls
Cheers
Growing Pains
Sledgehammer

Four of 5 reruns of course and the last one was my dad’s favorite show he’d taped them all on VHS as they aired and he let me watch when I was old enough. I still have them!

Arrested Development
Golden Girls
Cheers
Growing Pains
Sledgehammer

Four of 5 reruns of course and the last one was my dad’s favorite show he’d taped them all on VHS as they aired and he let me watch when I was old enough. I still have them!
I feel like Golden Girls is in everyone’s Top 5 (including mine!) Let’s take it a step further and rank our Golden Girls plus Stan Zbornak to make it 5 🤣

Has to be:
Sophia
Blanche
Dorothy
Rose
Stan

I feel like Golden Girls is in everyone’s Top 5 (including mine!) Let’s take it a step further and rank our Golden Girls plus Stan Zbornak to make it 5 🤣

Has to be:
Sophia
Blanche
Dorothy
Rose
Stan
I feel like at any five time I’m one of the golden girls but usually Rose.

1. How I Met Your Mother
2. Big Bang Theory
3. Ted Lasso
4. Mork and Mindy
5. The Middle

Last edited:
Top 5 TV Sitcoms

Friends
Fleabag
Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch which I might be controversial as debatable as to being a sitcom!
How I Met Your Mother
The Vicar of Dibley

Back