"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren Hynde said:
Thank you, Tzara, for covering for me yesterday. I've been having some personal issues that have been taking up quite a lot of time and energy out of me. Perhaps it would be wise for me to step down from Wednesday reviews for a few weeks until I get everything sorted out, if anyone would like to volunteer. :rose:
Weeeel,

I could do this for a while, though right at the moment I couldn't do January 18. (I am hoping, hoping, that might change, as to call my current commitment something I dread would be to understate it by several orders of magnitude.)

But I travel quite a lot in real life, so having a designated backup would be prudent.

WSO? Bogusbrig? Care to help me here as well?

How about MojoCat? Wanna try your luck on Wednesdays?

And, o' course, if anyone more stable (schedule-wise or, um, mentally) would care to do this, please feel free.

The main message is, don't worry about it, Lauren. Take care of what you need to and come back when you can. We, or at least I (for whom else could I speak?), miss your input.

:rose:

Last edited:
Tzara said:
Weeeel,

I could do this for a while, though right at the moment I couldn't do January 18. (I am hoping, hoping, that might change, as to call my current commitment something I dread would be to understate it by several orders of magnitude.)

But I travel quite a lot in real life, so having a designated backup would be prudent.

WSO? Bogusbrig? Care to help me here as well?

How about MojoCat? Wanna try your luck on Wednesdays?

And, o' course, if anyone more stable (schedule-wise or, um, mentally) would care to do this, please feel free.

The main message is, don't worry about it, Lauren. Take care of what you need to and come back when you can. We, or at least I, miss your input.

Anyone can do reviews. The only reason there is a designated reviewer for each day of the week is to ensure that someone looks at new poems every day and makes some recommendations. If anyone feels like jumping in with their two (or more) cents, they should feel welcome to do so--even if another reviewer has all ready commented on the day's offerings.

And poets if the comment muse is inspiring you, yknow you can always remind it that Wednesdays will be needy for a while. ;)

Lauren Hynde said:
Thank you, Tzara, for covering for me yesterday. I've been having some personal issues that have been taking up quite a lot of time and energy out of me. Perhaps it would be wise for me to step down from Wednesday reviews for a few weeks until I get everything sorted out, if anyone would like to volunteer. :rose:

Ms. Lauren,

Things've slowed down some on the pond, so I'll cover your Wednesdays 'til things smooth out for you.

Hope things are well,

Thank you Rybka and tarablackwood22 for mentioning my poem today in the reviews, and also to those who took the time to read and comment. You're all too kind.

:)

Thanks

My Erotic Trail, thanks for the mentions on today's review thread. And LeBroz, Ubu and vampiredust thanks for your thoughtful comments.

Happy New Year

duckiesmut said:
Ms. Lauren,

Things've slowed down some on the pond, so I'll cover your Wednesdays 'til things smooth out for you.

Hope things are well,
Thank you, Duckie, and Tzara as well. I'm sure that between the two of you, all will be well. :D

by Tristesse - Last but by no means the least is Reltne’s Morning After Birth Control that could be a whole new marketing slogan for cooking spray.
It made me smile on this gloomy Tuesday.
Thank you for the mention,Tristesse. The first line actually is their new TV ad tag line. As soon as I first heard it the second line popped into my mind. :)

Thanks Tris for the mention of my little write, Reclaiming Their Throne. What is there left for a single guy to look forward to at this time of year, but the desparate party atmosphere of Super Bowl Sunday and then nothing till Spring beats back the bleak Winter mood.

Thanks!

Thanks for mentioning "The Gift," Tristesse. It's about a gift I had that I used to help others. Many people benefited from this gift. Some were grateful and helped further the cause, some took the gift and ran, and some others took, gave nothing back, and screamed for more. "The Gift" expressed my frustration with the situation.

Julia (aka Curiouswife)

ty...

Tess...
Sorry I can't devulge this one..it might be taken in a couple of ways however... ;) thanks again...for the mention...peace/blue

annaswirls said:
I wanted to second MET's recommendation:

Segregation by Wicked Eve

Posted on New Year's day, if anyone missed this, I would highly recommend going back in time....click the link baby, click it.
I was surprised to see this. Thank you.
And thank you, also, Art.

annaswirls said:
It is 10:30. Who is making breakfast? I am starving over here.
You can have the uneaten portion of my leftover breakfast burrito. Why, oh why, didn't I eat my fiber one cereal, instead, or one of those damn soy products of mine?

I need some Tums.

WickedEve said:
You can have the uneaten portion of my leftover breakfast burrito. Why, oh why, didn't I eat my fiber one cereal, instead, or one of those damn soy products of mine?

I need some Tums.

I have some Tums. Pass the burrito. I am used to eating table scraps.

GoLean Crunch beats Fiber one any day. Try it on top of soy yogurt (oh god the seventh level of hell)

annaswirls said:
I have some Tums. Pass the burrito. I am used to eating table scraps.

GoLean Crunch beats Fiber one any day. Try it on top of soy yogurt (oh god the seventh level of hell)
What I usually eat for breakfast is gross. I mix together raw oats and lowfat yogurt and sometimes tofu. I chew and smile. I eat the golean stuff too. And some Kashi heart to heart stuff. But Fiber one is perfect for me. No sugar, low carbs, lots of fiber. It's a diabetic goodie--that doesn't taste all that great. lol

WickedEve said:
What I usually eat for breakfast is gross. I mix together raw oats and lowfat yogurt and sometimes tofu. I chew and smile. I eat the golean stuff too. And some Kashi heart to heart stuff. But Fiber one is perfect for me. No sugar, low carbs, lots of fiber. It's a diabetic goodie--that doesn't taste all that great. lol

I think you might be better off with the post it note bark from Maria's passion poem.... sprinkled with spenda

:eek:

jthserra said:

Think I heard of that place ~ isn't it a little watering hole someplace west of Alabama and Georgia?

Rybka, thank you for the mention of my poem yesterday. :rose:

and flyguy: if you don't like it, that's quite okay with me, but since you apparently know so much about poetry, could you step off your high horse for a minute, and offer me some constructive criticism rather than calling me an eighth grader? Thank you so much.

:rolleyes:

cloudy said:
Rybka, thank you for the mention of my poem yesterday. :rose:

and flyguy: if you don't like it, that's quite okay with me, but since you apparently know so much about poetry, could you step off your high horse for a minute, and offer me some constructive criticism rather than calling me an eighth grader? Thank you so much.

:rolleyes:
You're absolutely right. My comment primarily addressed the response of other readers and not your poem. I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back