Time for Senator Diane Feinstein to step down and retire

No, they didn't. I could tell you what they really voted for, but you can do your own homework.
Sorry, the original article I saw said 2030 it's 2036:

https://notthebee.com/article/california-bans-sale-of-new-diesel-trucks-after-2036

At any rate, it will fail because it can't be done unless they want to totally rebuild the electrical infrastructure in the next 14 years. No matter what their fantasy is, it will fail. Just like Biden's electric vehicles for the military will never happen either.

Sorry, the original article I saw said 2030 it's 2036:

https://notthebee.com/article/california-bans-sale-of-new-diesel-trucks-after-2036

At any rate, it will fail because it can't be done unless they want to totally rebuild the electrical infrastructure in the next 14 years. No matter what their fantasy is, it will fail. Just like Biden's electric vehicles for the military will never happen either.
The date isn't all you got wrong. (Hint: it's right in the URL of your new link.)

The OTHER NRA (National Resteraunter's Association) is patting itself on the back over the defeat of a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 by the barest of margins....50-49. Guess whose vote made the difference?

Dianne Feinstein. Unable to vote.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said at a virtual townhall meeting this week it was time for Senator Feinstein to step down and retire.

The "shingles" defense has fallen by the wayside too. Grumbling Democrats have leaked thepurported "real" reason for the 90 year old Senator's failure to show up: Dementia.

Senator Diane Feinstein's staff announced that she was well enough to return to work tomorrow.

Hope she gets movin' on those judicial nominations AND the stalled Secretary of Labor confirmation.

I don't understand why she isn't retiring.
I've taken her failure to do so as a reflection of her loss of mental capacity. She hadn't been clear on the voting for some time. She is seriously disrupting the party's program and has nothing to gain personally by staying. Those around her should be coaxing her to retire--and purpose they are trying to do so.

The California senator cautioned in statement emailed to reporters that she would likely have to reduce her workload for the time being. Feinstein is experiencing some side effects from shingles that have affected her vision and balance, according to her statement.

“My doctors have advised me to work a lighter schedule as I return to the Senate,” Feinstein said in the statement. “I’m hopeful those issues will subside as I continue to recover.”
in these situations, wouldn't it be a good idea for Senators to have like an understudy who can be used to take over the excess from reduced workloads while working WITH the member to make sure they are acting on their behalf and not independently to a different agenda? Don't the voters these people represent deserve ACTUAL representation? This would have also applied in the case of Fetterman and any other major player in the country's business

Senate Democrats advanced three of President Joe Biden’s judicial nominees along party lines Thursday after weeks of delay due to California Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s extended absence.

With Feinstein back in the Senate, and voting in the committee, the panel approved three federal district court judge nominations that had been stalled: Charnelle Bjelkengren of Washington state, S. Kato Crews of Colorado and Marian Gaston of California.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...31&cvid=7001dd9d8a4d4e89aa247fd800986545&ei=6

It's an awful shame she can't just resign with what's left of her dignity, but the reality is she can't if we want anything to get done in the Senate. I don't like it, but if Schumer and Durbin have to play Weekend at Bernie's with her for a year and a half, then so be it.

Judicial nominees are again moving through the senate.

👍

🇺🇸

Side note:

Senator Feinstein has been back working for a week.

A reporter still asking her what it’s like to be back after a week of working is probably irritating. Especially when she has been trashed for missing so much time.

*nods*

it's not fair to say she's not been working this entire time, though: she has been working from home and eve, as i understand it, some time in her office. How that compares, workload-wise, to being on the House floor i don't know, but it did mean she missed at least one important vote.

it's not fair to say she's not been working this entire time, though: she has been working from home and eve, as i understand it, some time in her office. How that compares, workload-wise, to being on the House floor i don't know, but it did mean she missed at least one important vote.

The Senate floor actually……

And she definitely needed to be present to move nominations through her committee.

John Fetterman’s presence is also critical to any floor vote, so it’s good timing with both of them back.

👍

🇺🇸

She's a senator, so she wouldn't be on the House floor. The real issues are two--grasping what is at stake in positioning voting. She has shown for some time an inability to grasp the legislation before her or to just follow trusted staff guidance on votes, and she hasn't been able to show up for key votes when her vote was key.

She is incapable now (having long been an effective strategist) of either sponsoring or push legislation and she's unable to stand in front of cameras and coherently present a position/case. She's well past calling it a day as Democratic leader in the Senate. There's no political downside for either her or the Democrats to bringing in a dynamic Democrat in the position while they can.

Last edited:
The Senate floor actually……

👍

🇺🇸

She's a senator, so she wouldn't be on the House floor.
yes, yes, the Senate floor... i was rushing and misspoke :D

i don't disagree with your summary of her abilities, necessarily, was just questioning the whole 'absence from work' point

so... if she does retire, will another dem automatically assume her position or can that be blocked from moving forward by republicans till i don't know when?

yes, yes, the Senate floor... i was rushing and misspoke :D

i don't disagree with your summary of her abilities, necessarily, was just questioning the whole 'absence from work' point

so... if she does retire, will another dem automatically assume her position or can that be blocked from moving forward by republicans till i don't know when?
She retires now, the Democratic governor replaces her until the next election. Obviously, it would be a Democrat and several seasoned ones have hats in the ring already.

She retires now, the Democratic governor replaces her until the next election. Obviously, it would be a Democrat and several seasoned ones have hats in the ring already.
so it couldn't be delayed or blocked at all?

thankyou for the information, Keith. As you know, i'm still learning all this stuff, day to day.

so it couldn't be delayed or blocked at all?

thankyou for the information, Keith. As you know, i'm still learning all this stuff, day to day.
Nope. No blocking. It's a State right, controlled by the governor. He needs no approval for a temporary appointment from anyone else in the state, and the U.S. congress has no role in a temporary appointment of a U.S. senator.

Actually, that Feinstein cannot see (or at least hasn't exhibited the capable of seeing) the need and opportunity of this is evidence of her loss of mental grasp. She's understood how this needs to work for the party for decades, and if she were mentally aware she'd be capable of understanding what's at stake and that here is zero reason for her not to retire at advanced age with full honors.

Last edited:
Back