Time for Senator Diane Feinstein to step down and retire

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
The Biden administration has sent 57 candidates for Federal judge positions to the United States Senate. Senator Feinstein chairs the committee to recommend these candidates for a full Senate vote. Unfortunately, the 89 year old Feinstein has missed 50+ votes this year due to "health related issues", which allows the Republican party to stall these nominations in committee.

Enough is enough. If you can no longer perform the job the voters elected you to do, you should step down,

The Biden administration has sent 57 candidates for Federal judge positions to the United States Senate. Senator Feinstein chairs the committee to recommend these candidates for a full Senate vote. Unfortunately, the 89 year old Feinstein has missed 50+ votes this year due to "health related issues", which allows the Republican party to stall these nominations in committee.

Enough is enough. If you can no longer perform the job the voters elected you to do, you should step down,
Are you referring to Feinstein or Biden?

RBG fucked around for far too long, irreparably damaging the Judiciary, and now Feinstein is doing it.

It’s starting to get old……

(Pun intended)

JFC

SAD!!!

Agreed! Feinstein should step down now!!
No problem with that !

You convince Mitch to go too!!

i don't think 65 should be an automatic 'you're out' point, not when experience and knowledge are so valuable when it comes to making decisions. Of course that has to be weighed against how the world's changed, is changing, and the older members being able to keep up and be aware of the relevance of newer things.

As for Ms Feinstein? Yes, it's time. If her health's this bad, she should step away. Same goes for several others. I'd also like to see some kind of basic tests senators and other congress critters need to take to prove they understand how things work and if they're cognitive abilities are up to par.

She is long overdue for retirement. She should have been retired when we found out she had employed a Chinese spy for 20 years.

65 should NOT be a retirement age for Reps or Senators!
The old people need representation too!
10% limit though?? 20%
And yes! If their health declines bump them
If their doctor lies for them, revoke their license!!
239 pounds? My ass!! Well actually T’s sass alone weighs that much!

RBG fucked around for far too long, irreparably damaging the Judiciary, and now Feinstein is doing it.

It’s starting to get old……

(Pun intended)

JFC

SAD!!!
I 100% agree about Feinstein. Regarding RBG, It’s very possible McConnell would have done the exact same thing and blocked a vote on her replacement if she’d announced her retirement two years earlier. Honestly, at what time frame do you think he’d have drawn the line?

And then consider who might Californians elect next. If they move one up from the House, they have Pelosi and Waters at 83 and 84.

And then consider who might Californians elect next. If they move one up from the House, they have Pelosi and Waters at 83 and 84.
Three House members are already running for Feinstein's seat, and two of them are nowhere near that age. Google is your friend.

Three House members are already running for Feinstein's seat, and two of them are nowhere near that age. Google is your friend.
And Pelosi is endorsing Adam Schiff which I would guess gives him the edge over the other two.

Money is Google's friend.

In a California race, anything can happen. Arnie is a potential candidate.

He shouldn't even have been elected. He's functionally unqualified.
I’ll just laugh at that one and not even bother making a list of republicans who ran, and were in some cases elected, who fit that description.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...iary-replacement-after-calls-for-resignation/

“When I was first diagnosed with shingles, I expected to return by the end of the March work period. Unfortunately, my return to Washington has been delayed due to continued complications related to my diagnosis,” Feinstein said in a Wednesday night statement.

“I intend to return as soon as possible once my medical team advises that it’s safe for me to travel. In the meantime, I remain committed to the job and will continue to work from home in San Francisco,” Feinstein continued.

“I understand that my absence could delay the important work of the Judiciary Committee, so I’ve asked [Majority Leader Chuck Schumer] to ask the Senate to allow another Democratic senator to temporarily serve until I’m able to resume my committee work,” she added.

At the moment, there are 14 pending judicial nominees who have had hearings before the panel, but have not received a vote by the committee. Since Feinstein has been absent, the panel has had to cancel three committee markups for nominees.

A spokesperson for Schumer (D-N.Y.) said he would abide by Feinstein’s request. “Per Sen. Feinstein’s wishes, Majority Leader Schumer will ask the Senate next week to allow another Democratic Senator to temporarily serve on the Judiciary Committee,” they said.

Still needs to retire.

If she represented neighboring Nevada, a state with a Republican governor who could appoint an interim GOP replacement, it’s a safe bet that few on the left would be calling for her resignation. This is especially true if there was a SCOTUS vacancy or a major piece of legislation was on the line. And any man who called for her resignation would be labeled a misogynist.

Back