The new football thread

The Patriots surprised me...a lot. That is a damn good team they put together up that way. Sure...the Eagles had some flaws...all teams do this early in the season...but they did seem out of sync...even taking the rain into account

Part of that could be due to the Eagles not playing their starters at all in the preseason.

I going to go out on a limb and say this is it for Ryan Tannehill. He was good his first 2 seasons in Tennessee, but I think he has reached his expiration date.

When teams are expected to perform because they need to honor something as big as 9-11...they almost always lose in major fashion. Not saying that is what happened...after it was 16-0 I stopped watching cause it was boring. It is the NFL...all teams have great players. So when they get blown out...I don't put a lot of weight in it that that represents their team.

Jets face the same predicament tonight. It is something I did not take into account with my predictions.

As a whole...a very good weekend of football. Next week's big game...Cowboys vs Jets. In Dallas. This makes tonight's game more of a must win for the Jets...

Immaculate taste.....

This year it's all about the J-E-T-S Jets!!! Jets!!! Jets!!!

Finally we have a Quarterback for the first time since 1998 and the defence is just sick.
You got a 40 yr old QB that only wants to play is because GB wanted to move on. Name one other professional sports player that needs to put himself into 4 days of darkness to decide if he wants to play? Watch the videos of him at that time....he came out saying he thought he wanted to retire...then someone called and told him GB was tired of his bullshit. You have a great team. You have a very average QB that really doesn't want to play beyond throwing shit at GB

I really really hate Thursday games. Short weeks result in injuries.

Now...having said that...the Eagles play next Thursday...and given how poor they looked that really doesn't give them much of a chance to improve. Fortunately they are playing the Vikings

You got a 40 yr old QB that only wants to play is because GB wanted to move on. Name one other professional sports player that needs to put himself into 4 days of darkness to decide if he wants to play? Watch the videos of him at that time....he came out saying he thought he wanted to retire...then someone called and told him GB was tired of his bullshit. You have a great team. You have a very average QB that really doesn't want to play beyond throwing shit at GB
This will be decided tonight.

Didn't Cris Collinsworth say before the game that the Giants had a lot more talent this year?
All I'm watching is a plain beat down 33-0
Even worse for giants fans was having to ALSO listen to Collinsworth during the debacle.

This will be decided tonight.
Well....it will be decided through the season...from Week 12 on. Jets got a lot of talent. If they had an elite QB...they would be right there. I just don’t call an ex-elite QB elite. That is my concern...when the hits start happening...what will he give? The City rightly...or wrongly...has put a whole lot of expectations on one guy....who refused to do what was necessary to win the last 2 years. Does he have an attitude now to change? And will that remain throughout the season?

I got the Jets winning tonight.

Not a Rodgers fan at all but I have to accept him.
Last time Jets got a Green Bay QB it was a fucking disaster.
Hoping history does not repeat itself!

Tick tock tick tock
Can the hype get anymore intense?

I don't think the Jets lose...but what if they do? Next week against Dallas in Dallas...that's a loss. Starting 0-2 in NY...the press and fans will turn. I don't want to see any team self destruct. This Division is tough. Jets...Bills...Dolphins...Patriots. There will be a lot of blood and tears shed this year by someone.

Sweet! Glad I found this page. Looking forward to football picks. Didnt do too bad against the spread won 10 games.

And now for me to get banned… GO 49ERS!

🤣

Sweet! Glad I found this page. Looking forward to football picks. Didnt do too bad against the spread won 10 games.

And now for me to get banned… GO 49ERS!

🤣
Don’t worry all of us here are “banned” by 97% percent of the other participants!

(31/32 if you’re wondering about the math!)

Don’t worry all of us here are “banned” by 97% percent of the other participants!

(31/32 if you’re wondering about the math!)
I love the NFL commercials this year. The one with the 3 Giants family fans and the 1 Eagle fan ...that happens to female...and she gets excited and moves just a little leanning forward when the other 3 get the pained look. They they all look at each other. Fuck yea. That's this forum. We are definable a family

You absolute are Angel. Good to see you as always.

I was thinking before, we really could use some boobs in here too much of a sausage fest!!

Right, Dribs?!
Look...one of the biggest secrets that really isn't a secret...women love football too.

Back