The AR-15

Not scary, stupid.

I have guns but none are auto or semi.

If I was stupid and afraid enough to by an AR, I would be happy to give it up along with everyone else.

You're lying. If you owned even a single gun you'd know almost nobody has an automatic one and that most are semi-auto. You'd also know an AR is just a model. A mini 14 is the exact same gun but without scary composite stocks, rails and shrouds and is one of the most popular hunting guns in the country.
You'd also have some sort of clue about handguns but man, you don't. Not even a small one.

I suffered the M16 in Vietnam, and it was #2. So I wont go near the AR15, even for free.
I remember some old WWII vets, so they seemed at the time, saying that about a table full of Garands at a local hardware store.
Said the only thing they'd do with one is put it in the back yard and piss on it.

You're lying. If you owned even a single gun you'd know almost nobody has an automatic one and that most are semi-auto. You'd also know an AR is just a model. A mini 14 is the exact same gun but without scary composite stocks, rails and shrouds and is one of the most popular hunting guns in the country.
You'd also have some sort of clue about handguns but man, you don't. Not even a small one.

I don't understand why anti's have to pretend.

Lincoln, I'll take you shooting man. Hit me up. Maybe you'll learn a few things.

So you're not willing to invest any of your money? What about the children?!?!?

:rolleyes:

Richard, I consider you to be intellectually and ethically far above some of the other degenerates hanging around the coffee urn tonight.

I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match with you.

I am curious to know under what circumstance you feel that such a weapon would be necessary to your life?

I would have no problem with these weapons being restricted, controlled and regulated at gun ranges.

Richard, I consider you to be intellectually and ethically far above some of the other degenerates hanging around the coffee urn tonight.

I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match with you.

I am curious to know under what circumstance you feel that such a weapon would be necessary to your life?

I would have no problem with these weapons being restricted, controlled and regulated at gun ranges.

I have had multiple people try to mug me. I carry cash. I live in neighborhoods in which crime occurs.

What are the circumstances in which you feel that you have the right to tell me that I'm not allowed to defend myself?

I have had multiple people try to mug me. I carry cash. I live in neighborhoods in which crime occurs.

What are the circumstances in which you feel that you have the right to tell me that I'm not allowed to defend myself?

I've never carried a gun outside of the service, never had a carry permit and don't ever plan on getting one, keep my guns in a locked safe and sometimes misplace the keys. I don't live in a place where it's a concern and I've never been one to worry about it anyway. But I like to hunt and go to the range and don't see how anyone has the right to tell me what kind of guns I get to use for that.

I understand that you might have a need to carry a weapon but not why you feel the need to carry a Glock instead of an S&W revolver like I do. Auto and semi auto can jam when you need them most.

I'm disappointed by your second sentence. I expected better from you. Please show me a post in which I argued that you should not be able to defend yourself.

I understand that you might have a need to carry a weapon but not why you feel the need to carry a Glock instead of an S&W revolver like I do. Auto and semi auto can jam when you need them most.

I'm disappointed by your second sentence. I expected better from you. Please show me a post in which I argued that you should not be able to defend yourself.

A revolver is a semi-auto dipshit. Nearly all handguns are.

Are you saying that a gun saved you from being mugged several times?
Can I ask how many dead because of it?

How much cash are you carrying

A glock is actually what I'm carrying on me as I'm typing this. I carry it because it is just as reliable as a wheelgun, and because they don't jam.

You're basing your opinions on semi-auto pistols from the 1960s and 1970s. Today's semi-autos are reliable, which is why police use them. The only cops still carrying revolvers are dinosaurs.

Also, a revolver IS semi-auto, which is something you're calling for a ban on.

Every post in which you tell people that no one should have anything other than a single shot rifle or pistol, is a post in which you tell people that they don't have the right to defend themselves. Defensive shootouts don't end with one shot. Never have, never will.

Every post in which you tell people that no one should have anything other than a single shot rifle or pistol, is a post in which you tell people that they don't have the right to defend themselves. Defensive shootouts don't end with one shot. Never have, never will.

How many defensive shootouts have you been involved in?

Kid in the school got shot 5 times and is recovering. He held the door closed while getting shot thru it which means he not only got bullet fragments in him but pieces of the door. That's good but it shows that you often need more than one to stop someone. Cops are told to shoot until the fucker drops and be prepared to shoot some more.
Under that stress almost nobody is accurate. You only got one shot you're probably gonna lose.

Maybe an illustration would help.

Above the line, will be examples of weapons deemed by the majority of citizens to be too dangerous and unnecessary for ownership by private citizens: Elected representatives of the people can enact a legislation reflecting the will of the majority.

Surface to air missiles, bazookas, tanks, flame throwers, mortars, auto and semi-auto handguns and rifles.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Single shot hand guns and rifles.

Ok...not that anything remotely close would EVER happen but at least I know where you stand.

who said anything about feelings?

You did...in your last post, there was NOTHING but feelings in that whole post.

Why is it that some of you want to live in a combat zone? American kids at school trying to get an education while under fire is essentially no different that a Syrian kid in the middle of a combat zone.

You've clearly never been to a combat zone, you don't know what you're talking about.

If that S&W revolver was designed in the last 160 years it's likely semi-auto.

You don't have a clue what semi-auto means do you?

Look.... semi auto handguns!! Aren't they just the scariest!!
ae0c1e911f3a469e0054f8038285bf6c.jpg

Your very first one where you say people should only have single shot pistols and rifles....whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.

And now I find out you almost certainly don't mind having a semi auto yourself.....what kind of revolver do you have?

Last edited:
Kid in the school got shot 5 times and is recovering. He held the door closed while getting shot thru it which means he not only got bullet fragments in him but pieces of the door. That's good but it shows that you often need more than one to stop someone. Cops are told to shoot until the fucker drops and be prepared to shoot some more.
Under that stress almost nobody is accurate. You only got one shot you're probably gonna lose.

And that's with an intermediate caliber rifle round.

If you're carrying FMJ ball in a 9mm, people have lived who have taken 8-10 rounds.

Here's one example of a guy shot 21 times who lived:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/08/10/man-shot-21-times-and-survives/

I don't want to hear anyone tell me that one shot is enough to stop a threat to my life. Anyone who does, is ignorant of firearms and has learned their knowledge from hollywood movies.

This has become an exercise in futility. Have a nice day, Richard.

It's not my problem that you present a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. You compare a school shooting with the massacres in Syria, and you fail to take ownership in your own plan to "ban semi-autos" which includes the gun you purport to carry.

And that's with an intermediate caliber rifle round.

If you're carrying FMJ ball in a 9mm, people have lived who have taken 8-10 rounds.

Here's one example of a guy shot 21 times who lived:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/08/10/man-shot-21-times-and-survives/

I don't want to hear anyone tell me that one shot is enough to stop a threat to my life. Anyone who does, is ignorant of firearms and has learned their knowledge from hollywood movies.

One thing I like about those John Wick movies besides the fact that they're awesome is that if you pay attention you see he double taps everyone. Whoever choreographed those movies knew something about guns and gunfights.

I would be looking for a better neighborhood...or stop dealing drugs

Where I live isn't bad, and I don't spend any time around drugs or people who use them or deal them.

You asked the pointless questions, I answered them.

Try again, with your position of privilege.

You want to buy me out of my properties? I guarantee you can't afford it.

This has become an exercise in futility. Have a nice day, Richard.

Maybe you should figure out what all those scary sounding buzz words like "semi-automatic" mean before you go shooting your mouth off looking like a hypocritical moron in the process.

Mr. I have a semi auto but I don't think you should be able to.

One thing I like about those John Wick movies besides the fact that they're awesome is that if you pay attention you see he double taps everyone. Whoever choreographed those movies knew something about guns and gunfights.

Yeah, totally realistic if your hand cannon is shooting 20mm shells a muzzle velocities far beyond what's capable in a pistol length barrel.

;)

But I know what you mean.

Back