The Alt Glossary!

Do you have an alt or alts here?

• Yes, and I'll admit to it/them publicly.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Yes, but I'm not saying.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • No.

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • I am one of Dolf's alts.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Dolf is my alt.

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Query, why???

I guess I just don't understand the alt thing. Sometimes I find the alt behavior and speculation interesting and entertaining. But, I don't really understand the inclination or dedication.

Think of it as method acting.

I get a different reaction from people when they do not have a preconceived notion as to what I am about. For example, Rob recently had friendly banter (on seperate occaisions) with two of them. How's that for different?

The JAJ seems to bear me no animus, but it was a fun moment when as a "newb" once again, I earned a coveted :cool:

I would love to be the mind behind Stew or Smooth.

Last edited:
Think of it as method acting.

I get a different reaction from people when they do not have a preconceived notion as to what I am about. For example, Rob recently had friendly banter (on seperate occaisions) with two of them. How's that for different?

The JAJ seems to bear me no animus, but it was a fun moment when as a "newb" once again, I earned a coveted :cool:

I would love to be the mind behind Stew or Smooth.

So, through dishonesty, your Alts somehow get an unbiased reaction based on their behavior from others who are already biased against Query based on Query's behavior?

Wait ... I know I have the appropriate smiley for this ... somewhere .....

blink.gif

So, through dishonesty, your Alts somehow get an unbiased reaction based on their behavior from others who are already biased against Query based on Query's behavior?

Wait ... I know I have the appropriate smiley for this ... somewhere .....

blink.gif

Really? So your actual name is Magnetron and you dress like a pirate?

Speaking of dishonesty how many of your poetry alts voted in the move politics poll?

Really? So your actual name is Magnetron and you dress like a pirate?

No and No.

Honest enough for you?

It's a username attached to an avatar.

Not that I haven't volunteered my real name in the forum on several occasions, to which no one took notice of.

Speaking of dishonesty how many of your poetry alts voted in the move politics poll?

None, because my Alts that I referred to earlier are on another poetry forum far far away.

Query, allow me to requote a portion of my reply so you may better comprehend what I was saying.

your Alts somehow get an unbiased reaction based on their behavior from others who are already biased against Query based on Query's behavior

Give it a few minutes to sink in.

query, tell them the truth!! Queer Vader was made to flirt with ME because you know I like the alien mind control stories!!

I've never had an alt because it would dilute the awesomeness of bronzeage.

It is kind of funny when some guy pm's a request for cock pics and forgets to switch to his shy retiring, "Mr. Bronzeage, may I ask you a question?" girl alt.

I've had plenty of alts for writing poetry about subjects from differing perspectives.

I highly recommend trying it.

Otherwise, is a waste of time better spent pursuing a real acting career.

i've always found it easy to write from different perspectives, without a name change. i kind of immerse in the write, and write from whichever perspective that character may have, not my own. just as in dreams i can inhabit any body or thing, animate or not, i don't find writing under one name a limitation (at least from where i sit; critters may have a different view). i guess if i did, using an alt would be employing just another tool to reach a goal. :rose:

Query, why???

I guess I just don't understand the alt thing. Sometimes I find the alt behavior and speculation interesting and entertaining. But, I don't really understand the inclination or dedication.

Only a pathetic tool would need a bunch of alts. Rob isn't one and to think he used alts to attack anyone shows what a dumbass someone would have to be to think that.

I've never had an alt and have no reason to. I stand behind what I post... Like it or not. Unlike Mr. Thank God I Got A Gun.

The alt thing makes me paranoid. I had fun pm'ing a litser who later I found out some people had nasty experiences with. I was told in an e-mail that this litster died, but sometimes I think he just switched to an alt.

I tried using an alt after my first few months here and I ended up being even nicer to people, so what's the point? I'm so open about myself and my life and I wouldn't be able to do that with an alt and that's why I like posting here. I don't need an alt in order to say mean things because if I have something mean to say, I say it. I don't need an alt to make myself look right in an argument or make myself look more well-liked here. I don't need an alt. Which is good because I'd be absolute shit at it.

i've always found it easy to write from different perspectives, without a name change. i kind of immerse in the write, and write from whichever perspective that character may have, not my own. just as in dreams i can inhabit any body or thing, animate or not, i don't find writing under one name a limitation (at least from where i sit; critters may have a different view). i guess if i did, using an alt would be employing just another tool to reach a goal. :rose:

I usually end up having conversations with myself.

At some point, my alts are going to create alts.

Then it will really be a party.

Last edited:
The alt thing makes me paranoid. I had fun pm'ing a litser who later I found out some people had nasty experiences with. I was told in an e-mail that this litster died, but sometimes I think he just switched to an alt.

Names!

There was a time when LT thought I was a black dude. Started calling me "uncle tom" and the likes.

That was not really an alt, just Saint Peter with a nice tan.

Although I am a generous and sharing type of person, I cannot bring myself to share the praise received for my work, even if I am sharing it with myself.

I made an alt on a slow news day about 5 years ago. It was a rabble rousing alt in which I pretended to be a spouse who had stumbled upon Lit and found my partner was on here sexting people, perhaps meeting up but I wasn't sure. I just did it to see the reaction. Many of the "nice" people here were downright viscous. Many just wanted to solved the mystery of who was being exposed, drama whores. Some guessed that it was a current member who was bored. I can't remember the name because I only used it for a day. I think the name was a play on the movie title Eyes Wide Shut.

There was a time when LT thought I was a black dude. Started calling me "uncle tom" and the likes.

That was not really an alt, just Saint Peter with a nice tan.

Ish was convinced I was LT for fucking YEARS.

I made an alt on a slow news day about 5 years ago. It was a rabble rousing alt in which I pretended to be a spouse who had stumbled upon Lit and found my partner was on here sexting people, perhaps meeting up but I wasn't sure. I just did it to see the reaction. Many of the "nice" people here were downright viscous. Many just wanted to solved the mystery of who was being exposed, drama whores. Some guessed that it was a current member who was bored. I can't remember the name because I only used it for a day. I think the name was a play on the movie title Eyes Wide Shut.
Ha! I remember that.

Name vaguely rings a bell but that's about it.

This thread definitely needs more names and more baseless accusations. It's like a Lit Symposium right now.

Back