The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hat is off to all the knowledgeable people who drink wine.

I'm having coffee at this hour. Anyone else?

Oregon's Willamette Valley these days about owns Pinot Noir but their taste is a bit light for this Zinfandel-bred bear. However, as was stated above, great wines are popping up all over the planet. 'Swonderful!

Pulled beef and three cheese burritos for supper. A good use for left over roast on a Sunday evening. :)

I've freshened the coffee up.

If you look under the counter on the far end, you might find something to spice it up. ;)

I get my main meals hard frozen, delivered to my door (I do not have an oven; I have an incinerator). But I fear that the makers have made a disaster in Beef. Despite bein microwaved half to death, it was grisly and 'not nice'; that said the gravy was very good, although I think there should have been more of it.

But if you can fix me a decent cup of tea, I'll be happy.
Thanks

PS.
Bear, I don't think I've drunk Zinfandel; Gewürztraminer is one of my favourites, though. Sadly, I have to be real careful about drinking.

One cuppa tea coming up.

A good portion of what I eat is nuked but I'm picky about what i buy to nuke. I have an oven and I'm not afraid to use it. What I used to pan fry is now smother fried. Witht the price increases on meat in general, cheaper cuts are usually tough. Smother frying makes them much more tender.

I ain't even going to get into my grill and smoker. :)

One cuppa tea coming up.

A good portion of what I eat is nuked but I'm picky about what i buy to nuke. I have an oven and I'm not afraid to use it. What I used to pan fry is now smother fried. Witht the price increases on meat in general, cheaper cuts are usually tough. Smother frying makes them much more tender.

I ain't even going to get into my grill and smoker. :)

Erm . . . "Smother fried" ?
Smothered in what please ?

Erm . . . "Smother fried" ?
Smothered in what please ?

A skillet on top of the stove. You turn the heat up and brown the meat and then turn the heat down low, put water in, and cover. slow cooking.
When it falls apart, add a little more water if needed and make gravy in the same pan.

More tea?

more tea please and thank you.

As this is also the reading room, so what has everybody been reading?

One cuppa on the way.

I'm not much for reading. I'm usually to busy writing. Right now, I'm on a movie binge. :eek:

One cuppa on the way.

I'm not much for reading. I'm usually to busy writing. Right now, I'm on a movie binge. :eek:

I find the two go hand in hand, but I can only binge on one at a time. I feel bad for slave_ as she always would like me to watch movies with her (and she has incredible taste) but I'm too obsessed with reading and writing. I'm much more of a "visual in my head" person, if that makes any sense - not much for movies or TV.

I'm reading the Ramona series to my kids. Does that count? No time for anything more (or less) high brow than that. :(

If you look under the counter on the far end, you might find something to spice it up. ;)

You're a lifesaver. Cheers, Tx.

I'm reading the Ramona series to my kids. Does that count? No time for anything more (or less) high brow than that. :(

You're a lifesaver. Cheers, Tx.

I need to read those to my munchkin. We're watching A Series of Unfortunate Events. They do alot of vocabulary on there.

Gave in and went back to the doc, new antibiotic, hopefully this will be over soon and I can sleep again. :rolleyes: In the meantime, I'll just help myself to tea.

I remember reading to the kids but that was a long time ago. I remember reading to the grand-kids. That was a while ago.

MP, hang in there. One tea with lemon and honey coming up.

LFT, I doubt if I've saved any lives but a few are saner. ;)

Saving lives except in genuine emergencies is harder than you've been led to believe. It can be done but it's tough.

I'm reading a James Lee Burke - House Of The Rising Sun

Burke's storytelling is ... okay. But he writes some of the most beautiful American prose I've ever come across.

As a Brit transplant who is writing to an American audience, I love reading this guy. His command of American-English is truly exceptional.

MP, hang in there. One tea with lemon and honey coming up.)

Back for another. :rolleyes: Thanks

Saving lives except in genuine emergencies is harder than you've been led to believe. It can be done but it's tough.
There are many ways to save lives. :rose:

I'm reading a James Lee Burke - House Of The Rising Sun

Burke's storytelling is ... okay. But he writes some of the most beautiful American prose I've ever come across.

As a Brit transplant who is writing to an American audience, I love reading this guy. His command of American-English is truly exceptional.

Love Burke's Dave Robicheaux novels.

"Good Morning"
<nods to the assembled multitude>

"I think it's time for coffee"

And the assembled multitude nods back blearily and sips on her coffee, waiting only until it's cool enough to gulp down before she heads up and mumbles " 'morning Tex, how 'bout a refill." But Tex isn't there, which Chloe didn't notice when she walked in because she hadn't had her coffee yet because its far too early for any human being to be awake but he's left a sign saying "Help yourself" so Chloe does and then asks Handley Page "one for you too?" and Handley Page nods happily coz it's a different time zone and Handley Page is hours ahead of Chloe and it's so easy to nod happily when it's the middle of the day. So Chloe pours Handley Page another mug and then gets herself a third and things are starting to look up considerably now and Chloe is finally able to talk so Chloe smiles and says "Howz your day been, H.P?"

12751166_1690870097865223_1282709027_n.jpg

Morning, y'all. Please teleport some coffee my way. I'm holed up in my home office, unable to sneak past sleeping children to the kitchen for coffee.

MagicaPractica: I hope you are feeling better!

LFT, I doubt if I've saved any lives but a few are saner. ;)

Send more sanity. The stomach bug that is racing through my brood--or rather, the products of said stomach bug--has taken my sanity with it. :eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back