The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

I hunted up "The Happy Organ." It isn't familiar to me.

Same here. Not at all. We're the same age, and even then I would have found it annoying.

One instrumental I absolutely do remember from the era is "The Poor People of Paris". Couldn't get away from it!

I've been busy as bee working on a couple of stories. This is the opening to one, and I'm sure I'll get hammered on comments on it. Here's first two paragraphs.

(Important notice: the claim below is one-hundred-and-ten percent false. The extra ten percent has been added to show we really, really mean it’s all bullshit!)

This is a true tale. The events occurred in the American South in the summer of 2019. At the request of the weak white folks, the names have been changed. Out of respect for their black masters, the rest is told exactly as it occurred.

I'm just stopping by to check on all you lovely people.

Same here. Not at all. We're the same age, and even then I would have found it annoying.

One instrumental I absolutely do remember from the era is "The Poor People of Paris". Couldn't get away from it!

Damn You!!!

At least my folks had better taste with earworms:

I've blown out several sets of speakers with this one

Damn You!!!

At least my folks had better taste with earworms:

I've blown out several sets of speakers with this one

My folks also played a lot of this to protect us from the collapse of music into a morass we how have

Sorry to hear that Seadog, and no - nothing from Tx for a while.

My folks also played a lot of this to protect us from the collapse of music into a morass we how have

Love listening to, and playing Glenn Miller's arrangements on the tenor sax.

I've heard that Wifewatcherman isn't well either. He was active here back in the day

Maybe- -we had a couple of PM re some ancient boat building magazines my Dad had and I thought TX might find a new home for them; thus I have his regular e-mail addy BUT somehow I just don't feel confident he would want me to contact him right now. Maybe give it another couple of weeks and then reconsider?

Starting chemo can be tough; and getting everything 'lined' up, tests, ports, appointments, radiation, chemo, etc. (and we don't know what exactly he will be having to go thru) is stressful also. And he has the two redheads to consider too. If we don't hear from him by the end of the month, maybe re-visit this?

Maybe- -we had a couple of PM re some ancient boat building magazines my Dad had and I thought TX might find a new home for them; thus I have his regular e-mail addy BUT somehow I just don't feel confident he would want me to contact him right now. Maybe give it another couple of weeks and then reconsider?

Okay. Thank you.

Any idea how to close out a LinkedIn account? Without going into the reasons, I just want off. I've tried what is suggested, but it will not accept the final icon-push. Thanks.
Assuming you've deleted all your content, everything, you'll have left a blank slate. But it's a bitch if you can't do a "Gone Forever" purge.

It's not my problem just yet. I find LinkedIn useful to see work colleagues say about themselves - and their expertise when they were about twelve. Reverse time-keeping some CVs can be most amusing; such importance, so young! Lol.

I hunted up "The Happy Organ." It isn't familiar to me. I would have been five years old at the time and I don't recall spending any time with the radio until a couple years later. Time crawls by when you're that age, but when I look back at it, everything happened quickly.

We had a different version of that Happy Tune; by a lady called "Cherry Wayner".
She played for pure fun, as I recall. But for those who remember Dave Cortez, look here:-

Re. Captain Scarlet:
I take it you don't mean this one:-

And the Arabica Coffee is Very Welcome!

he coffee is on, fresh and hot and 100% Arabica! DM me and I'll let you know how meaningless that title is.
If it's hot, brown, and caffeinated, that'll do me. (I once asked the boyfriend why he'd brought me tea that morning, not coffee. He blinked a lot and explained it had been tea every week for the last 5 years... I'm not very with it in mornings.)

Would you be referring to Arabica coffee being the third-most faked foodstuff in the world (after 'pure' orange juice and 'virgin' olive oil), distinguishable only by NMR?

Re. Captain Scarlet:
I take it you don't mean this one:-

I was a little bit of a Gerry Anderson fan when I was a kid (Supercar and Fireball XL5), but I never heard of the Captain Scarlet series. Reading the Wiki page confirmed that it apparently never saw US distribution. Probably wouldn't have seen it if it did, as by then my interests had grown out of that animation form.

The Wiki also mentioned that Captain Scarlet was considered too violent for a children's program. Since it was the late '60s my guess is that the overwrought mommies whose mission was to bowdlerize classic cartoons weighed heavily on any possible US interest in importing the series.

I was a little bit of a Gerry Anderson fan when I was a kid (Supercar and Fireball XL5), but I never heard of the Captain Scarlet series. Reading the Wiki page confirmed that it apparently never saw US distribution. Probably wouldn't have seen it if it did, as by then my interests had grown out of that animation form.

The Wiki also mentioned that Captain Scarlet was considered too violent for a children's program. Since it was the late '60s my guess is that the overwrought mommies whose mission was to bowdlerize classic cartoons weighed heavily on any possible US interest in importing the series.
Some of the episodes can be found on YouTube.

Would you be referring to Arabica coffee being the third-most faked foodstuff in the world (after 'pure' orange juice and 'virgin' olive oil), distinguishable only by NMR?
I was referring to all those ads announcing that their coffee is 100% arabica beans.
There's only two primary kinds of coffee beans, Arabica and Robusta. Arabica are used for brewed coffee. Robusta are bitter and overpowered, so they're used for espresso.

I was referring to all those ads announcing that their coffee is 100% arabica beans.
There's only two primary kinds of coffee beans, Arabica and Robusta. Arabica are used for brewed coffee. Robusta are bitter and overpowered, so they're used for espresso.
Many brands use Arabica (generally perceived to be the better bean) for espresso - Lavazza for example (also Nescaff, if you count that as espresso). Robusta is more drought and weather resistant so wasn't historically grown for flavour as much, and is a stronger, sometimes bitter, flavour, but now is starting to get more love and be grown for its own flavour, or be mixed with Arabica to make a tastier blend.

Lots of brands have marketed themselves for years as being pure Arabica (and thus superior) but in fact there's huge amounts of adulteration in the coffee industry. (nearly as bad as all the 'premium' orange juice that's actually pulp wash).

Back