Ted Cruz is upset and making predictions

dmallord

Humble Hobbit
Today, Mr. Cruz is upset, fuming over the vote not to impeach Mayorkas. Not one Democrat wanted to hear the evidence, proceed to wade through the case or listen to the weeks of diatribe generated by the House of Representatives over the charges. Not one! He declared it a sad day in history, worse than any other event in our nation's history. Those damned Democrats just up and voted immediately so that they could carry on with more worthwhile issues of government, unlike the paralyzed House of Representatives in a potential battle to oust the Speaker - what's his name - the new guy wrapped in spiritualism as House leader.

His speech made several predictions based on his most fervent mindset: Trump will win the election, the Republicans will retake the Senate, and the Democrats will retake the House. Further, the House will then move to impeach Donald Trump immediately.

You may also recall Mr. Cruz's mindset was confused in the Texas mass freeze that struck his Lonestar State of Texas. His mind, numbed by the cold weather, bought airline tickets for his family and flew off to Cancun. Immediately upon being spotted in the airport, he realized that was a mistake and flew back to [insert something else of your own here if you feel differently] 'help' his constituents to endure the agony and death due to the faulty standalone Texas electrical grid. When questioned by the news stations, he said his children pleaded to escape the cold, and he couldn't resist the children - until the press caught up with him in the airport. He picked up another nickname over that: Cancun Cruz.

Anyway, I digress about Lyin' Ted, as Donald Trump called him. The senator with an ugly wife, Trump, also bellowed about him.

I will go out on a limb here, having shaken my eightball, and say Senator Ted's predictions will be incorrect: Biden will win, both Legislative Houses will be Democrat-dominated, and Donald's name will, by the end of the next four years, have melted like Ted's Texas freeze into the history books as one of the greatest events in the history of our nation's recovery.

Care to comment on your prediction? Do you use an eightball, or do you roll dice like Ted?

A lot of people might not believe this, given my harsh (and very justifiable) criticism of former president Trump. But in the 2016 Republican primary, I actually supported Trump- BECAUSE HE WAS RUNNING AGAINST TED CRUZ.

Not knowing what I know now, and not realizing how disasterous Trump would turn out to be as a failed leader of the United States, I honestly, at that time, thought he would be a better option than Ted Cruz. While I certainly don't feel that way anymore I nonetheless still view Ted Cruz as horrible- as a horrible person, and totally clueless about the proper role of government in a free, fair, and democratic society.

the new guy wrapped in spiritualism as House leader.
Didn't anyone learn from the GWB years?

Also the Texas grid rode out the last freeze without problems. If you scrap maintenance on conventional energy in order to install new green energy, your grid buckles. That, and having another ten million illegal aliens take up residence in the state.

Also the Texas grid rode out the last freeze without problems. If you scrap maintenance on conventional energy in order to install new green energy, your grid buckles. That, and having another ten million illegal aliens take up residence in the state.

Texas lucked out this year, a relatively warm winter.

And you have everything else completely wrong: Back in the 1990s, then-Governor George W. Bush completely deregulated the power grid. The deregulation had one fatal flaw in it: It PENALIZED new investment in the power grid (New assets must be amortized over x number of years), but encouraged MAINTENANCE on older obsolete technology far beyond its expiration date (Maintenance can be expensed in the current fiscal year). The grid is so highly competitive now that virtually NO power generation company invests a goddamned dime in the grid. We have 2007 vintage computers load-balancing the grid.

Also, Texans are now paying a flat $6 dollars per month "Libertarian Stupidity Administrative Fee" on every single fucking power bill.

Why? Because oh-so-smart libertarians decided to go with an absolute market price provider in 2020 and 2021. When the grid works as advertised, they pay rock bottom rates and often save ten and sometimes twenty bucks a month on power. BUT when the grid is under stress, they theoretically pay up to thousands of dollars per kilowatt hour, fucking up their libertarian gold accounts.

Give Hotwheels Hitler partial credit: He warned these dimwit libertarians that super-high kilowatt charges were coming when the great Texas Freeze of 2021 was barreling down from Canada. Libertarians had two weeks notice to change temporarily to other fixed-rate accounts, but of course libertarians under stress froze like deer in the headlights. They though they could "tough it out". They did! And then the next month these dimwits all got MONTHLY power bills of $10,000 or higher.

Libertarians had a big sad, and Republicans had a big problem: Sad libertarians don't pay bills, and unpaid power companies don't contribute to Republican re-election funds. So the Texas legislature magnanimously paid off all the Stupid Libertarians power bills AND paid off the power companies. How did they do that? With a special $6 dollar per month "Stupid Libertarian Administrative Fee" to spread the pain to ALL Texans on the power grid.

Privatized profits, socialized losses.

In summary, eat a bag of dicks, you don't know jack shit about power in Texas.

Texas had a mild winter. So there is that as a factor.

Texas lucked out this year, a relatively warm winter.

And you have everything else completely wrong: Back in the 1990s, then-Governor George W. Bush completely deregulated the power grid. The deregulation had one fatal flaw in it: It PENALIZED new investment in the power grid (New assets must be amortized over x number of years), but encouraged MAINTENANCE on older obsolete technology far beyond its expiration date (Maintenance can be expensed in the current fiscal year). The grid is so highly competitive now that virtually NO power generation company invests a goddamned dime in the grid. We have 2007 vintage computers load-balancing the grid.

Also, Texans are now paying a flat $6 dollars per month "Libertarian Stupidity Administrative Fee" on every single fucking power bill.

Why? Because oh-so-smart libertarians decided to go with an absolute market price provider in 2020 and 2021. When the grid works as advertised, they pay rock bottom rates and often save ten and sometimes twenty bucks a month on power. BUT when the grid is under stress, they theoretically pay up to thousands of dollars per kilowatt hour, fucking up their libertarian gold accounts.

Give Hotwheels Hitler partial credit: He warned these dimwit libertarians that super-high kilowatt charges were coming when the great Texas Freeze of 2021 was barreling down from Canada. Libertarians had two weeks notice to change temporarily to other fixed-rate accounts, but of course libertarians under stress froze like deer in the headlights. They though they could "tough it out". They did! And then the next month these dimwits all got MONTHLY power bills of $10,000 or higher.

Libertarians had a big sad, and Republicans had a big problem: Sad libertarians don't pay bills, and unpaid power companies don't contribute to Republican re-election funds. So the Texas legislature magnanimously paid off all the Stupid Libertarians power bills AND paid off the power companies. How did they do that? With a special $6 dollar per month "Stupid Libertarian Administrative Fee" to spread the pain to ALL Texans on the power grid.

Privatized profits, socialized losses.

In summary, eat a bag of dicks, you don't know jack shit about power in Texas.

Also:

Don’t tell defecation about Texas’ investment in renewables that helped it get through the last cold snap(s).

😑

👉 defecation 🤣

🇺🇸

Last edited:
Texas had the most power outages in the country in last 5 years, new report finds

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bu...texas-leads-nation-power-outages-18887152.php
The really obscene thing here in Texas: Hospitals are required to have redundant power grids for certification. This makes sense, you really can't run a hospital without power.

If your home is within about a half mile radius of a hospital, your home's market value has a premium: redundant power generation on the grid (less unplanned blackouts) and complete exemptions from "rolling power blackouts" (planned blackouts due to system stress).

Don't live near a hospital? Sucks to be you!

Irony alert: This particularly affects red cousin-humping counties, which sees more and more smaller hospitals close each year, the "invisible hand of the market" working hard again.

He's also raised more money than Beto had at this time in 2018.
He's built on Beto's campaign staff, which Beto had to create from scratch. I like Allred but he's not as charismatic as Beto, I'd like him to win (more precisely: I'd like Rafael Cruz to lose), but I don't think that will happen.

Texas had the most power outages in the country in last 5 years, new report finds

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bu...texas-leads-nation-power-outages-18887152.php
Let's see:
There have been 263 power outages across Texas since 2019, more than any other state, each lasting an average of 160 minutes and impacting an estimated average of 172,000 Texans, according to an analysis by electricity retailer Payless Power. California ranked second with 221 outages from 2019 to 2023, while Washington placed third with 118, according to Adi Sachdeva, data researcher at Payless Power.
And only 47 of these were during the great freeze. Not convincing.

The really obscene thing here in Texas: Hospitals are required to have redundant power grids for certification. This makes sense, you really can't run a hospital without power.

If your home is within about a half mile radius of a hospital, your home's market value has a premium: redundant power generation on the grid (less unplanned blackouts) and complete exemptions from "rolling power blackouts" (planned blackouts due to system stress).

Don't live near a hospital? Sucks to be you!

Irony alert: This particularly affects red cousin-humping counties, which sees more and more smaller hospitals close each year, the "invisible hand of the market" working hard again.

That's a great factoid. I had no clue.

Do any other states have a setup like that? 🤔

Do any other states have a setup like that?

Most people have no idea how large Texas is or how much of it is rural. Much of our law regarding hospitals is designed to ensure that rural people have timely medical access.

Most people have no idea how large Texas is or how much of it is rural. Much of our law regarding hospitals is designed to ensure that rural people have timely medical access.
In my Army days, I heard a Texan say once, "Texas is so big you could only put two-and-half of them inside Alaska!"

I predict some nation will pick a fight with the US, or refuse to back down when the US picks a fight. Most of the developed world is passing the US in military tech. Even North Korea may have hypersonic missiles now. The US can't recruit enough. A US defeat would affect elections.

I predict some nation will pick a fight with the US, or refuse to back down when the US picks a fight. Most of the developed world is passing the US in military tech. Even North Korea may have hypersonic missiles now. The US can't recruit enough. A US defeat would affect elections.
You think the rainbow and careerist army won't do so well?

Back