Oxford Don's photo gallery

Hi Fishfryer...yes I much prefer the older style....parts of Oxford have been bespoiled by halls of residence!!:rolleyes:

Thanks Angelica...I hope it is a haven of serenity on the forum!!!:)

Leaving Oxford briefly

Hidcote Gardens in the county of Glocestershire, a classic country garden

Hidcote02.jpg

Kiftsgate Gardens

This view is across the surrounding country side. The lawn stops and a steep drop is on the other side...this was to prevent cattle wandering into the gardens without needing a visible barrier...anyone know what this featrue is called??;)

Kiftsgate05.jpg

Good Morning Don :kiss:

Thank you for taking the time to share youreautiful pictures, a lovely way to brighten up another cold wet gloomy morning :rolleyes:

Oooooo is that early morning coffee I smell? :D

Good Morning Don :kiss:

Thank you for taking the time to share youreautiful pictures, a lovely way to brighten up another cold wet gloomy morning :rolleyes:

Oooooo is that early morning coffee I smell? :D

Morning paula :kiss:

My pleasure...and God yes I need coffee too!!!

This view is across the surrounding country side. The lawn stops and a steep drop is on the other side...this was to prevent cattle wandering into the gardens without needing a visible barrier...anyone know what this featrue is called??;)

Kiftsgate05.jpg

I refer to it as a Ha-Ha wall. But I think of those as only 4-6 feet high. That is a beautiful black bottom pool!

I think the colors, or is it colours?, are fantastic and really make the photos so vibrant.

Photography tip!!

Photos taken under slightly overcast conditions often result in more intense colours (or colors!) Full sunlight can sometimes wash them out.

Photography tip!!

Photos taken under slightly overcast conditions often result in more intense colours (or colors!) Full sunlight can sometimes wash them out.

Didn't know that. :) Thank you so much. And thank you for posting such lovely pictures too. :kiss:

Love the latest photos. I particularly like this one, on the surface its a simple snap, but the composition is full of interest. You clearly have a photographers eye.
Hidcote Gardens in the county of Glocestershire, a classic country garden

Hidcote02.jpg

I was beaten to it on the Ha-ha question, but it got me thinking into the origins. The wikipeadia entry is quite interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha-ha. I didn't realise just how old a feature they were.

Back