Nude Beauty: male vs. female

Wait, I almost forgot - 'beauty' is a property of quarks and IS quantified. Whew. Okay, we can close this thread now. All hail Physics!
lol Nothing left to say! :D

Last edited:
cultural bias

I believe that a fit male is every bit as desirable and beautiful as a female. But our American culture does not tolerate exploiting the male body nearly as much as it tolerates exploiting the female body.

Consider Abercrombie and Fitch, one of the few commercial outlets that does exploit the male body. People rallied against them because they had beautiful fit males standing shirtless in front of their stores.

TV commercials do not display fit males nearly like they do females. I cannot imagine the uproar there would be if males were shown as scantily clad or suggestive as females.

I enjoy a fit young male wearing a square cut speedo at the beach. Could you imagine the outrage if they were shown like that? But why do that? Women are shown wearing bikinis in commercials all the time.

American culture (or atleast the ad execs) like to show males as bumbling fat slobs - the anti sexy. And as long as males are in charge, they want to keep it this way. It's less threatening for them.

Everybody is beautiful to somebody. Embrace & love your body, its the most amazing thing you will ever own. Both male and female bodies are unique in its own way.

Question; how do slender and curvy go together and how does a bit more curviness add to her appeal?

If you want an example, go look at things that are berated for having unrealistic female body images. Things like Barbie dolls and American comic book super heroines and villainesses. Big tits, big ass, hourglass figure at the hips, arms and legs defined by smooth, flowing lines. Even girls drawn with a more abstract or "cartoonish" art style will tend to have these features.

In the real world, since tits are mostly made of fat, for most women as they gain weight their tits get bigger too. Most "chubby" girls have magnificent tits that most skinny girls could only dream of or get implants. Of course this only works up to a point, once a girl gets fat enough she pretty much stops being attractive to all except guys that have that as their fetish.

If you want an example, go look at things that are berated for having unrealistic female body images. Things like Barbie dolls and American comic book super heroines and villainesses. Big tits, big ass, hourglass figure at the hips, arms and legs defined by smooth, flowing lines. Even girls drawn with a more abstract or "cartoonish" art style will tend to have these features.

In the real world, since tits are mostly made of fat, for most women as they gain weight their tits get bigger too. Most "chubby" girls have magnificent tits that most skinny girls could only dream of or get implants. Of course this only works up to a point, once a girl gets fat enough she pretty much stops being attractive to all except guys that have that as their fetish.

Thanks hun. We got that memo. Female beauty wasn't what I was talking about, though. The parameters of male beauty was the initial post, and I stand by that initial post. :kiss:

your arguments are ludicrous. A male athlete running the 100 yard dash is not graceful? A male figure skater's body is not full of form and grace and beauty? A boxer gliding around the ring, inflicting punishment is not full of grace and form and beauty. A male mariner, running up a jib in a storm is not graceful? Open your eyes.

And the idea that one must be "gay" to think a man is beautiful is even more ludicrous.

The only definition I can support is that beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

The only real difference in male and female bodies, is that, while the female form and shape has changed dramatically over time, the male body hasn't. Women have been Rubinesque in size as well as slim and waif-like and both have been considered the standards of beauty.
Men on the other hand have always been the same throughout time and portrayed as fit and toned and not muscle bound. The real beauty in the male body comes from the movement in his form, as opposed to a static pose like women. Not to say that women don't move beautifully, but their beauty isn't dependant on it as much as a man's.

The only real difference in male and female bodies, is that, while the female form and shape has changed dramatically over time, the male body hasn't. Women have been Rubinesque in size as well as slim and waif-like and both have been considered the standards of beauty.
Men on the other hand have always been the same throughout time and portrayed as fit and toned and not muscle bound.

You evidently haven't seen a lot of ancient Greek or Roman statuary. Yeah, they had their beefcake statues, but they also had males with smooth, flat muscles and slender forms. And Oriental art very seldom shows beefcake male nudes. If anything, they're on the pudgy side.

So I think there's no universal male standard of nude beauty. Good thing, too.. otherwise, most of us wouldn't get laid at all.

Men on the other hand have always been the same throughout time and portrayed as fit and toned and not muscle bound. The real beauty in the male body comes from the movement in his form, as opposed to a static pose like women. Not to say that women don't move beautifully, but their beauty isn't dependant on it as much as a man's.
Said very succinctly. :rose:

You evidently haven't seen a lot of ancient Greek or Roman statuary. Yeah, they had their beefcake statues, but they also had males with smooth, flat muscles and slender forms. And Oriental art very seldom shows beefcake male nudes. If anything, they're on the pudgy side.

So I think there's no universal male standard of nude beauty. Good thing, too.. otherwise, most of us wouldn't get laid at all.

True. But I did qualify 'classic', which, in the Western art world, does tend toward the Greek and Roman works.

And an added lol at that last bit.

I have more than 5 personalities and they all agree that the female body is more beautiful.

Only one of those personalities is a lesbian and therefore is biased.

Interesting posit.

As far as the classical art goes, the reason the male figure seemed to be so prominent had nothing to do with whether the artists of the time view of beauty, and more to do with the subjects of the art itself. Renesance was in it self a rebirth for the acceptance and desire for new and interesting knowledge. Specifically philosophy was a prominent topic. Many of the classical works featured topics of both of the major philosophies of the time, Saturnia, and christianity. Most of the characters in both these philosophies were men, so when picturing nudes of David or Jupiter they were created with Male Models of athletic and strong physique. After all David was a warrior, and Jupitor was a deity. Most of the characters in these subjects were men, therefore, most of the art was about men. You may also notice that the even the female nudes had remarkably masculine features to them. This was actually more likely due to the decency laws of the time making it illegal for artists to use women as models for nudes. To answer your question though, I appreciate the beauty in both the male or female nude form. I have never really found nude in itself sexy (the acts are what's sexy to me), so I guess that negates any bias I would have being a straight male.

Back