Nerd Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lil_squirter said:
Hahahha yeah, the first quickest way to a man's heart is between the third and fourth ribs and the intercostal spaces. You can puncture that with only a few foot pounds of pressure.

*watches all the men inch away*

Take me violent nerd woman.
Take me.
 
lil_squirter said:
Take you where? I got 3/4 tank of gas....wanna go to Steak & Shake?

*Whimper*

I love you...

Steak, then stabbing.

I like where this is going.
 
lil_squirter said:
Hahahha yeah, the first quickest way to a man's heart is between the third and fourth ribs and the intercostal spaces. You can puncture that with only a few foot pounds of pressure.

*watches all the men inch away*
Looks around "why you all backin up"...AH HELL NOT AGAIN that gonna leave a mark *pulls pointy thing out of ribs*
 
Lovin_to_death said:
Looks around "why you all backin up"...AH HELL NOT AGAIN that gonna leave a mark *pulls pointy thing out of ribs*

*Pounds on chest*

Don't you die on me!
I am not losing another one today!

Breathe, damn you!
Breathe!

*Shrug*
I tried.
 
Spins said:
December 5th will be a a grand day for DVD nerds everywhere.

Dead Man's Chest.

24 the complete 5th season

AND

Dungeons and Dragons the complete animated series.

I'll have wood for weeks! :cool:

I don't have cable, I'd love to have the D&D cartoon... just name me one place I could get it... OTHER than online? (that's my last resort) :cool:
 
rydia57 said:
I don't have cable, I'd love to have the D&D cartoon... just name me one place I could get it... OTHER than online? (that's my last resort) :cool:
Walmart ?
 
rydia57 said:
I don't have cable, I'd love to have the D&D cartoon... just name me one place I could get it... OTHER than online? (that's my last resort) :cool:

It should be available at every Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and target on Dec 5th.

It's not a limited release. It should be everywhere :)
 
Lovin_to_death said:
Looks around "why you all backin up"...AH HELL NOT AGAIN that gonna leave a mark *pulls pointy thing out of ribs*


Good news! He was not a vampire! Wasn't even a wooden stake. We can all relax now.
 
lil_squirter said:
Good news! He was not a vampire! Wasn't even a wooden stake. We can all relax now.
Sweet that explains why i like to bite alot and be bittin for that matter I must go ponder why I love sunlight then
 
Sooooo any other horror movie addict nerds?

http://horrorfestonline.com/index.html

I'm gonna get an all-access weekend pass, call off work for the weekened, and watch nothing but horror!!!!

Meh, now all I need to do is dig up some friends to go with me. *grumbles* And I just put the shovel away.
 
Vessira said:
Sooooo any other horror movie addict nerds?

http://horrorfestonline.com/index.html

I'm gonna get an all-access weekend pass, call off work for the weekened, and watch nothing but horror!!!!

Meh, now all I need to do is dig up some friends to go with me. *grumbles* And I just put the shovel away.

Ooh, me me! Sounds like fun, there's nothing better than horror movies in the theater.
 
I have a rare gaming geek conundrum. There are two games which are rocking my socks and my group is jazzed about playing both of them. I don't know which one I want to run with them first.

These sort of problems I should have more often! :D

Re: Horror movies. I have a couple three of my own DVDs I'm ready to break out for Hallowe'en: The Haunting (the original 1950s movie starring Julie Christis), Hellraiser (still one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen), and Psycho (a classic. Still).

In reserve I'm holding The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Masque of the Red Death.
 
I recently, as some of you know, went to see A Nightmare on Elm Street, yup the original, in the theater! It was relreased for 2 nights as a promo for the special edition DVD coming out and I have to say I had a great time. It was wonderful seeing it back on the big screen again even if we had to suffer through bad writing, worse acting and 80's hair.

I am a horror movie junkie, sadly none of the guys I go out with are into it as much so they wind up looking away from the screen and I have to hold them. LOL. I wish I could find a geek more tailored to my likes but hey, there's always a shot.

Anywho, for best horror it's too hard to tell because there are so many type for me.

Can't beat the Evil Dead series (including AoD of course) for campy horror humor.
Original TCM gets in your brain like an infection and won't let go.
More modern movies like Cabin Fever have a deep creep factor.

Oddly I can't stand mob movies or real gore flicks i.e. Hostel, Saw 2,3 things like that. I couldn't watch the beheadings on the internet either. I like my horror of a fancicul nature not anything remotely close to the real sadisim that actually happens.
 
lil_squirter said:
I recently, as some of you know, went to see A Nightmare on Elm Street, yup the original, in the theater! It was relreased for 2 nights as a promo for the special edition DVD coming out and I have to say I had a great time. It was wonderful seeing it back on the big screen again even if we had to suffer through bad writing, worse acting and 80's hair.

I am a horror movie junkie, sadly none of the guys I go out with are into it as much so they wind up looking away from the screen and I have to hold them. LOL. I wish I could find a geek more tailored to my likes but hey, there's always a shot.

Anywho, for best horror it's too hard to tell because there are so many type for me.

Can't beat the Evil Dead series (including AoD of course) for campy horror humor.
Original TCM gets in your brain like an infection and won't let go.
More modern movies like Cabin Fever have a deep creep factor.

Oddly I can't stand mob movies or real gore flicks i.e. Hostel, Saw 2,3 things like that. I couldn't watch the beheadings on the internet either. I like my horror of a fancicul nature not anything remotely close to the real sadisim that actually happens.

Love the Evil Dead movies. I thnk the Raimi Brothers never really get their due. They make very good movies and have an eye for exaggeration that gets the point across without being superbly ridiculous.

I don't have much interest in the stuff that's being made today. Mostly I see it as an excuse for the filmmakers to see what they can get away with in the way of squickishness instead of going for the real scare. The reason the TCM original worked is because Tobe Hooper just told what was essentially a true story without trying to blow a big effects budget. The scariest stuff doesn't happen ont he screen. It happens in your head as you imagine what's going on where you can't see.

Stephen King once said, roughly, that once you show the monster in a story, it stops being scary.
 
JazzManJim said:
I have a rare gaming geek conundrum. There are two games which are rocking my socks and my group is jazzed about playing both of them. I don't know which one I want to run with them first.

These sort of problems I should have more often! :D

Re: Horror movies. I have a couple three of my own DVDs I'm ready to break out for Hallowe'en: The Haunting (the original 1950s movie starring Julie Christis), Hellraiser (still one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen), and Psycho (a classic. Still).

In reserve I'm holding The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Masque of the Red Death.

I'm jealous of such a conundrum. Currently our group is lacking enough people to be a real group. Back to three people and one is still learning and not the best of players yet. Not her fault but it makes it hard to play with two people playing at once. Soon as find a few more people will be playing again (I hope) sigh I miss gaming.

For horror movies I'm not the biggest fan of most that I've seen. I love the movie up until the monster/killer shows up. It's the best part of the whole flick. Now to many seem to rely on just lots of blood and guts, boring.

To bridge the subjects, when I first saw the Ring (on dvd long after it came out) it made me actually jump twice, plus right before I got to the ending a friend of mine called and I was getting ready to go over to their place, I came back into my room and though I had turned EVERYTHING off, when I got in there was this radio static sound, freaked the shit out of me! It was great :) So I ripped apart the movie, the pacing of the time up to the big monster appearing. I watched every big scary part again and again. I used all this in a game I was running at the time, and I had everyone scared. They were all a bit shakey during, and sincerely worried I might kill their characters, it was truly a beautiful game. Once the monster appeared they got much less scared but still worried their characters may die though. Probably the one time every last person playing complimented me on the game I ran.

Need more well paced and thought provoking horror movies IMO. I like the mystery and plot more then the random deaths those jsut bore me.
 
lil_squirter said:
I recently, as some of you know, went to see A Nightmare on Elm Street, yup the original, in the theater! It was relreased for 2 nights as a promo for the special edition DVD coming out and I have to say I had a great time. It was wonderful seeing it back on the big screen again even if we had to suffer through bad writing, worse acting and 80's hair.
I'm curious,was it uncut?
I saw 'Nightmare',when it came out back in the 80's,and there's a bit of a scene that's been cut from the vids and DVDs.
Remember the first girl Freddie slashes? She slides up the wall,across the ceiling and finally,drops on to the bed.
When I saw it in the theaters,back then,she hit the bed and it makes a huge splash of blood. In the vids and DVDs now,she starts to fall,but the scene cuts away,before she hits the bed.
In,'the Dream Child',the scene when Freddie gets Greta,has been cut down to practically nothing,it was butchered.

Anyone else ever notice?
 
I love horror movies. A favorites include Friday the 13th 2, Return of the Living Dead (for cheese factor alone, when they stab a zombie head with a screwdriver and it says "get that screwdriver outta my head!"), The Shining, Halloween, and I may be mocked for this but I thought Jeepers Creepers had some really good suspenseful moments. I also liked the Ring and the Grudge. I think the Japanese have got it right when it comes to horror flicks. Spooky and haunting as opposed to blood and guts.

I still remember that grinding/clicking sound that thing made in the Grudge and it gives me chills!
 
My favorite horror movies are the funny ones. The Friday the 13th series was, to me, some of the funniest stuff ever put to celluiod, just because so much of it was either totally nonsensical, or totally predictable.

"I bet he's in the RV."

"Yeah, but he was just like, half a mile up the road."

"Yeah, but he's totally in the RV now."

*Jason kills everyone in the RV, RV crashes*

"You're right, he's in the RV."

Kinda like how in sci-fi creature thrillers, you never want to get in the helicoptor first, because the monster always finds some way to get in the back of the chopper, unobserved out in the open, so he can kill the pilot and anyone nearby. (ie: Manticore, Carnisaur 2, etc.)

Now, Freddy Vs. Jason, that had to be an INTENTIONAL comedy, nothing is that funny on accident, right? Right? :D

*wishes that Freddy Vs. Ash Vs. Jason would be made already*
 
Texguy84 said:
My favorite horror movies are the funny ones. The Friday the 13th series was, to me, some of the funniest stuff ever put to celluiod, just because so much of it was either totally nonsensical, or totally predictable.

"I bet he's in the RV."

"Yeah, but he was just like, half a mile up the road."

"Yeah, but he's totally in the RV now."

*Jason kills everyone in the RV, RV crashes*

"You're right, he's in the RV."

Kinda like how in sci-fi creature thrillers, you never want to get in the helicoptor first, because the monster always finds some way to get in the back of the chopper, unobserved out in the open, so he can kill the pilot and anyone nearby. (ie: Manticore, Carnisaur 2, etc.)

Now, Freddy Vs. Jason, that had to be an INTENTIONAL comedy, nothing is that funny on accident, right? Right? :D

*wishes that Freddy Vs. Ash Vs. Jason would be made already*

I'm with you there!! The Leprechaun series as (esp. Leprechaun in Space and Leprechaun in the Hood) well as the Child's Play series. I also assumed Freddy vs Jason was a comedy, but it sure as hell wasn't scary!
 
Leexia said:
I love horror movies. A favorites include Friday the 13th 2, Return of the Living Dead (for cheese factor alone, when they stab a zombie head with a screwdriver and it says "get that screwdriver outta my head!"), The Shining, Halloween, and I may be mocked for this but I thought Jeepers Creepers had some really good suspenseful moments. I also liked the Ring and the Grudge. I think the Japanese have got it right when it comes to horror flicks. Spooky and haunting as opposed to blood and guts.

I still remember that grinding/clicking sound that thing made in the Grudge and it gives me chills!

I am all for Japanese horror.

*Shrug* I didn't really like the Ring, but Ju-On (The Grudge) was a work of art.
:rolleyes: I saw the Grudge II a few nights ago.
THAT was funny.
 
SexyCleric said:
I am all for Japanese horror.

*Shrug* I didn't really like the Ring, but Ju-On (The Grudge) was a work of art.
:rolleyes: I saw the Grudge II a few nights ago.
THAT was funny.

You should watch Junk and Tale of Two Sisters.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top