Nerd Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, Yeah so whats with the fire thing?

The University Hub was on fire! Not sure why, but I was walking down and there were like 3-4 popo's and 4 firetrucks scattered about and all the university campus students were outside.


<.<
 
The University Hub was on fire! Not sure why, but I was walking down and there were like 3-4 popo's and 4 firetrucks scattered about and all the university campus students were outside.


<.<

for some reason I find that very funny. So how has life been for you in general.
 
Well, to sum it up in a nutshell: Life's never been this good to me, and I'm loving every second of it.


But, at the same time, I've not been physically well since October 3rd :p

Thats cool, yeah same here, life has been good to me in the past couple of weeks, I've had a lot time off of work and I have been enjoying every moment of it.
 
Thats cool, yeah same here, life has been good to me in the past couple of weeks, I've had a lot time off of work and I have been enjoying every moment of it.

I've not had time off work.. work is part of the reason I'm happy :)
 
for some reason I find that very funny. So how has life been for you in general.

It is a little bit. Wow... I'm tipsy >.<

I should go to bed. Yes. Bed... and snuggle with my cat ( My bf's away)

I'm doing okay, yourself?
 
*flames of silver and blue have risen to shroud the figure in the long gray cloak, burning bright and crackling with power, even as the very foundations of creation sing and shake with the force of-*

Yes, Cleric.

*flames are doused, Earth ceases to shake*

Thank you kindly, oh Needful one.
Creation singing with force is a wonderful thing, but only in moderation.
If they start to sing anything Enya though, I will show creation what a pissed off lich priest of Asmodeus can do to solid matter. It is not pretty.

Rei, yes, I do look like Simon Peg, and no, I don't take offense.
I take offense neither often, nor lightly.

AVS, disregard any comment about brain eatting from the nerd kitty.
She is ill informed as to the dietary requirements of the undead.
Which I am not. Undead, that is.
Right. Nothing to worry about.

Tolyk, my good friend, I actually got some work done with the linguistics.
It's rather enjoyable work, but time consuming.
Also, please keep reference to the Ego to a minimum.
My spies report he hasn't been out for exercise recently, and we have new people that claim to not scare easily. A dangerous combination.

With that said, I make this post even more needlessly verbose!

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."
 
Your spies are horrible, I've been out playing for the last day and a half.




BOOO!

Dammit.

*Shrug*

We all gotta hang loose every so often, quiaff?

*Quietly begins drawing a binding circle*
I don't suppose these really do much, do they?
 
Dammit.

*Shrug*

We all gotta hang loose every so often, quiaff?

*Quietly begins drawing a binding circle*
I don't suppose these really do much, do they?

Uh, not really.. and in these modern ages we call them condoms and they pinch... a lot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top