Nerd Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do commissions for a very very reasonable price. But I'm not super amazing or anything of the sort.

Here's a couple of my pieces.. *turns red* I'm really shy when I show off my stuff. It's nothing professional or anything like that.

I just like to draw. But if it's a character from an anime and someone wants an exact carbon-copy of that character, I can do it. I just prefer drawing in my own medium- harsh lines and boldness all the way :D

If CT wants, he can post the pictures I have drawn for him. But you gotta ask him.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/LadyReiha/SierrasSailorMoonArt08.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/LadyReiha/Myart.jpg

Don't be shy....

I like them...The first one defintely has bold outlines...maybe you're a bold girl with bold outlines, ok i'm stopping now!:D
Where did you learn to draw and when? If there are any websites that helped you out drawing anime that would be a good start for me....To draw something close to what's been posted on here would be great, someday!

Oi CT!!
 
Cleric- you're cute!!

Humphrey: I have never taken an art class outside of highschool (it was required- didn't teach me much). I just draw. Been drawing since I was about 2 exclusively, so I guess I was born artistically?

Anyway, Deviant Art is usually a good place to look for free tutorials on how to draw. Depends on your medium. I like to start drawing with Mechanical Pencil's and usually, a light-blue pencil crayon for colour/shading notes, followed by using Pigma Micron Inking Pens by Sakura in numbers 005, 01 and 03 ( 005 being the smallest, with a 0.20 line width- I use that mostly for eyes and hair- dainty features) I use those for general inking and sketch shadings.
A Micron Pen:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2687846100_83558e1357.jpg
Because I like doing my drawings in the traditional sense, I use a Korean brand of markers called Touch (I'm poor so I can't have the luxury of owning Tria, Copic or Prisma Colours, **My favorite being the Tria**). They are great for mixing/shading and general full-body colour.:

Tria, Touch and Copic Markers:
(Touch are cheapest and are around 3$ Can, Tria are usually around 5$ Can, and Copic at 7$ Can per marker. Basic Colour or Shading sets fun from $30.00- $200.00 On sale).
http://cdn.dickblick.com/items/221/39/22139-Marker1-2ww-m.jpghttp://shop.layup.ch/images/touch%20single%20marker.jpg
http://www.artec-shop.de/images/copic_marker.jpg

If you're looking to get into colouring using a computer generated colouring/ alternations program Then I suggest getting a Writing Tablet ( I currently own the Bamboo Tablet- haven't used it yet!!!!) and getting Photoshop, Maya or Paintshop Pro. Deviant Art has excellent links to help you use these to your potential.

Bamboo Tablet:
http://awaregeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/wacom-bamboo.jpg


Photoshop Example:
http://img23.yukle.tc/images/9990photoshop_CS3_EXTENDET.jpg

Maya:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_8/file_376658.jpg


Paintshop pro:

http://www.learnthat.com/computers/files/1986/psp-1_files/image001.jpg


I suggest going the "trial" routes for these- give them a test drive!

Like I said, look around the web for free tutorials on things. Youtube is another way to get a more "in depth" look on how to draw professionally.

Also, a few things to pick up too:

- A Sketchbook/Pad with thick paper (always to make sure to put a page underneath the paper you are drawing on to not let any ink soak through!

- A kneadable eraser. The art store, grey sticky kinds are fantastic!

- A Ruler

- Pencil Crayons

- A art pencil set ( they come in different shades- they are handy as hell when you need to do half-assed shading!!)


But yeah, that's pretty much all I can give you. Don't even bother picking up art books or anything- you're wasting money that way. Oh yeah. And practice!!! That's the only way I got to get how I draw today (and I'm still not happy with my work, there's always some way to improve- and thankfully, In a creative way!!!)


Good Luck : )

And yes, I am known to be very bold at times. Guess that's the newfie and Korean part of me!
The Icelandic and Jamaican calm me down a little.

Add them to the mix and you get a one-of-a-kind Lady Reiha.
 
Last edited:
Cleric- you're cute!!

Humphrey: I have never taken an art class outside of highschool (it was required- didn't teach me much). I just draw. Been drawing since I was about 2 exclusively, so I guess I was born artistically?

Anyway, Deviant Art is usually a good place to look for free tutorials on how to draw. Depends on your medium. I like to start drawing with Mechanical Pencil's and usually, a light-blue pencil crayon for colour/shading notes, followed by using Pigma Micron Inking Pens by Sakura in numbers 005, 01 and 03 ( 005 being the smallest, with a 0.20 line width- I use that mostly for eyes and hair- dainty features) I use those for general inking and sketch shadings.
A Micron Pen:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2687846100_83558e1357.jpg
Because I like doing my drawings in the traditional sense, I use a Korean brand of markers called Touch (I'm poor so I can't have the luxury of owning Tria, Copic or Prisma Colours, **My favorite being the Tria**). They are great for mixing/shading and general full-body colour.:

Tria, Touch and Copic Markers:
(Touch are cheapest and are around 3$ Can, Tria are usually around 5$ Can, and Copic at 7$ Can per marker. Basic Colour or Shading sets fun from $30.00- $200.00 On sale).
http://cdn.dickblick.com/items/221/39/22139-Marker1-2ww-m.jpghttp://shop.layup.ch/images/touch%20single%20marker.jpg
http://www.artec-shop.de/images/copic_marker.jpg

If you're looking to get into colouring using a computer generated colouring/ alternations program Then I suggest getting a Writing Tablet ( I currently own the Bamboo Tablet- haven't used it yet!!!!) and getting Photoshop, Maya or Paintshop Pro. Deviant Art has excellent links to help you use these to your potential.

Bamboo Tablet:
http://awaregeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/wacom-bamboo.jpg


Photoshop Example:
http://img23.yukle.tc/images/9990photoshop_CS3_EXTENDET.jpg

Maya:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_8/file_376658.jpg


Paintshop pro:

http://www.learnthat.com/computers/files/1986/psp-1_files/image001.jpg


I suggest going the "trial" routes for these- give them a test drive!

Like I said, look around the web for free tutorials on things. Youtube is another way to get a more "in depth" look on how to draw professionally.

Also, a few things to pick up too:

- A Sketchbook/Pad with thick paper (always to make sure to put a page underneath the paper you are drawing on to not let any ink soak through!

- A kneadable eraser. The art store, grey sticky kinds are fantastic!

- A Ruler

- Pencil Crayons

- A art pencil set ( they come in different shades- they are handy as hell when you need to do half-assed shading!!)


But yeah, that's pretty much all I can give you. Don't even bother picking up art books or anything- you're wasting money that way. Oh yeah. And practice!!! That's the only way I got to get how I draw today (and I'm still not happy with my work, there's always some way to improve- and thankfully, In a creative way!!!)


Good Luck : )

And yes, I am known to be very bold at times. Guess that's the newfie and Korean part of me!
The Icelandic and Jamaican calm me down a little.

Add them to the mix and you get a one-of-a-kind Lady Reiha.

I feel like I just took a class...
 
*taps foot*



Mr. Needful Thing!


Don't you dare sleep in my class!



Detention- for 20 years!

*gives bland look* I could teach you a thing or two Prof. By the way, for daring speak to me thusly *waves hand negligently*

The earth begins to shake and stir beneath her feet, rumbling and grinding.
 
*peers at the singing, dancing weirdness* Do not challenge me with off broadway showmanship!

I shall challenge you!
I have those Micron pens, I love them.

Me too ^-^!


I love this guy! I found this video awhile ago, and I wondered if that was who you were talkin' about...:)

You should hear him do the Mario theme music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfrKqFp0Zg&feature=related

I have a long time ago! He's awesome ^^
 
Bored today, so I thought I'd register and say hello on the boards. This seems to be my type of spot, so here I am.

Male, 29, Tulsa, OK, USA I've been a computer and gamer geek since junior high. Nice to meet you all.
 
Bored today, so I thought I'd register and say hello on the boards. This seems to be my type of spot, so here I am.

Male, 29, Tulsa, OK, USA I've been a computer and gamer geek since junior high. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome brother.

Are you here to register your nerd powers, or fight the Registration Act?
 
Well, shucks. Thanks, ma'am.

Hell of an art lesson too.

Needful, please don't shake the temple.
:D All demonstrations of power and intimidation are to take place outside.

*flames of silver and blue have risen to shroud the figure in the long gray cloak, burning bright and crackling with power, even as the very foundations of creation sing and shake with the force of-*

Yes, Cleric.

*flames are doused, Earth ceases to shake*
 
*draws whiskers on you*

Mew Mew!


Well, shucks. Thanks, ma'am.

Hell of an art lesson too.

You're welcome! Would you be offended if I said that you kind of look like Simon Pegg too? <.<

As for the art lesson- he asked!!!!


I shall Never be coerced into Registration! :) thanks for the welcome.


Yay! A new person to terrorize!




Oh yeah.. and I want to be this guy.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsboQ7cp7a4&feature=channel
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top