Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

“What the commodity markets are telling us is that we’re living in a finite world, in which the rapid growth of emerging economies is
placing pressure on limited supplies of raw materials, pushing up their prices…. Peak oil has arrived.”

- Paul Krugman
"A Finite World”
New York Times
December 26, 2010

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - Truman

I have a job interview tomorrow morning (yes, on a Saturday). They asked me to put together a PDF portfolio of some projects I have worked on over the years. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't include a lot of things I wanted to because AutoCAD kept crashing on me when I opened them. I need a new (ahem, legal) copy of that program one of these days.

12 hours away and nerves are setting in. I'm not going to get any sleep tonight, am I...

A car trip to a small family reunion later today. To LA ( bleagh).

Ah - the Winter Holiday season;
With all the chaos, confusion and sheer Hell that it can cause.

What real fun.
(even more so when the weather turns nasty and people get stuck . . .)

I don't interview any more. I threw away my HIGH ON STRESS button years ago.

The day is cold. The sex was hot. Alas, the performance enhancers are almost gone.

A relative is hospitalized. I care for her cats daily, requiring a six-mile round trip on mountain roads. I am tired of cleaning a catbox in a garage with air temperatures below freezing.

I was given an expensive Native American flute for XMas. It sounds mellow. Now what?

I am trying to re-motivate myself to write stories. Which readership should I annoy?

Flocks of wild turkeys and herds of deer wander my meadow. I should set traps.

The day is cold. The sex was hot. Alas, the performance enhancers are almost gone.

A relative is hospitalized. I care for her cats daily, requiring a six-mile round trip on mountain roads. I am tired of cleaning a catbox in a garage with air temperatures below freezing.

I was given an expensive Native American flute for XMas. It sounds mellow. Now what?

I am trying to re-motivate myself to write stories. Which readership should I annoy?

Yes, I too need to re-motivate myself to write.

Learn music, perhaps ?
And play your flute ?

Learn music, perhaps ?
And play your flute ?

The end-blown flute in D pentatonic tuning is about the size of an alto recorder. I trained on clarinet when I was a kid, and I now often play soprano recorders and a similar-sized C# pentatonic bamboo flute and tinwhistles in C and D. This new, larger D5 flute, like my alto recorder, challenges because the finger-hole spacing is greater -- gotta stretch my hands more than I'm used to. And I can only play any of those when my partner is awake and we're not otherwise occupied. What, who said skin flute?

The end-blown flute in D pentatonic tuning is about the size of an alto recorder. I trained on clarinet when I was a kid, and I now often play soprano recorders and a similar-sized C# pentatonic bamboo flute and tinwhistles in C and D. This new, larger D5 flute, like my alto recorder, challenges because the finger-hole spacing is greater -- gotta stretch my hands more than I'm used to. And I can only play any of those when my partner is awake and we're not otherwise occupied. What, who said skin flute?

I was thinking of a pink oboe. . . .

My latest story: http://www.literotica.com/s/it-didnt-happen-1

was written while I was recovering from too much Christmas food. It seems to be liked more than I expected, but the comments indicate that readers don't know why it was 'Humor and Satire'.

I intended it as a parody of a James Bond story...

But it seems to work anyway. :rolleyes:

My latest story: http://www.literotica.com/s/it-didnt-happen-1

was written while I was recovering from too much Christmas food. It seems to be liked more than I expected, but the comments indicate that readers don't know why it was 'Humor and Satire'.

I intended it as a parody of a James Bond story...

But it seems to work anyway. :rolleyes:

Wow, that didn't take long after submission to be approved by Lit.

Wow, that didn't take long after submission to be approved by Lit.

There might be two reasons for a fast posting:

1. Not many stories submitted over Christmas, and

2. I have over 200 stories posted. I don't tend to write about 'younger' people so the over 18 rule is irrelevant. I'm a known quantity.

Apparently the interview went great. I get to go in Tuesday morning to sign paperwork for my new job! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back