Writing Exercise 2: Can we guess your identity from your writing style?

A thought just struck me. How about we each limit our guesses to five of the stories? Otherwise people will only have to wait and see which stories the submitters have said were their own, and presto!

Another idea: maybe include the snippets from the other writing exercise. Those were nice and short, and all different takes on the same subject matter. That will make it easier to compare different styles at a glance, rather than asking everyone to read a dozen writers' entire oeuvres.

Another idea: maybe include the snippets from the other writing exercise. Those were nice and short, and all different takes on the same subject matter. That will make it easier to compare different styles at a glance, rather than asking everyone to read a dozen writers' entire oeuvres.
Or we could not overthink it and just have fun.

I suspect there will be more of these exercises, if people want them. (We already have two of them going at the same time.) Your idea could be the basis of a third, if we can stand another one. Possibly we will. If we weren't interested in forms of self-promotion, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

I'm willing to play the "snippet game." I think I have something that will work,

I suspect there will be more of these exercises, if people want them. (We already have two of them going at the same time.) Your idea could be the basis of a third, if we can stand another one. Possibly we will. If we weren't interested in forms of self-promotion, we wouldn't be here in the first place.
I'll post another exercise like the first one around next week Wednesday. Unless someone else post something before then.

Or maybe nice90sguy meant we were supposed to guess each other's real identities from their writing.
I'm Brian! And my wife's Brian too.

FYI I've exchanged PM's with Laurel and the forum admin, about whether to post the "collection" as a story, which Laurel was happy to do, and she'd "expedite" it if I did that, but I feel weird about it, because it would go under my name. So I'm just going to do plan A, which is to post a lot of "replies" to a thread - a new one, so it doesn't get all mixed up with this one, with a randomised list of the writers as the first post.

I like doing replies here better, so we can comment on them with ridicule and guesses about the author. But give them each a number so we have something identifiable to quote to reply.

I think putting them on this thread would work fine, but if you do a new one, maybe put an explanation in the OP to get people who haven't seen this one up to speed.

I see how this is turning into a job for you. I want to say thanks again for taking it on. It's already fun, and we haven't got to the main event yet.

Okay, I finally got something. I'm in.

I'm a bit worried about this thread getting back on track even after the stories are posted. But we'll see.

What's the current total of submissions?

Oh, do we need a title? Might make the entries easier to talk about. (Or else call things Entry A, Entry B)

Back