Important - about Christabel

Another Morning has broken,

And our Beloved Christabel lies there peaceful and still for the first time in months. The machines give their muffled beeps as her heart trips then steadies once more. They bathed her today and brushed her long hair. The nurses were very gentle with her.
I braided her sunstreaked red hair and smoothed moisturizer into her paper thin skin. The bruises on her arms are heartbreaking.
I keep thinking she is going to pop up, snarling, for being awakened before she wanted to be. I keep thinking if I made her a cup of her favorite tea with honey and cream she will sit up and wrap her long fingers around her favorite mug and sigh with pleasure.
That bastard of an ex took the children home today with promises to return should anything change for better or worse. I don't believe him. I hope the kids go kicking and screaming the whole way. Someone really needs to put him out of her misery. Even if things turned worse, they are seven hours away. They would never get here in time.
I sent her fiance home to shower and take care of her kitties. He was already thin, now he just looks emaciated. I've told him not to come back until he has eaten a real meal and caught a few hours of sleep. I will be here. (I am sitting in the parking garage on my laptop.)

Onward:
MagicaPractica, I am not sure you knew this but she loves your stories. Thank you for keeping this posting alive. If you know any practical magic for bills being paid and health being restored I am sure she would appreciate it. The post you brought forward was indeed the ending of the beginning of this entire ordeal. She would call me positively raging about "the mother fucking stupid idiots" and their refusal to listen to her. I agreed with the sentiment and between her Fiance and I convinced her to change doctors and hospitals. The "mfsi" still dont have it right, but its a damn sight better than it was before.

Vermillion, Both of us are practioners of Reiki. I have done my level best to keep her energy levels up, but its like throwing coins into a bottomless spring. The girl is running on empty and has been since September of last year. Now its as if the spring itself has run dry. You can send Reiki long distance, but please take care of yourself first.

TE999, thank you for being a champion for her. I think she would hug you if she could.

Desert Pirate, JagFarlane, Emperor Nero, I wonder if she knew that you cared about her at all. I know she admired most of you here. "They are braver than I am".

SweetSubSarah, You would not believe how upset she was about not making it to Chicago. She had everything all arranged and then the medications took her down along with her migraines. The medications began wiping her mind and we lost sight of the beautiful, creative woman she is.

Stella and Cloudy: Did you know that she holds both of you in the highest of esteem? Stella for being so forthright and creative. For pointing out with equanimity, where she wasn't clear (as well as others). Those writing challenges drove her absolutely bats for a while.
Cloudy, you for being such a firecracker and getting away with it. Some days she would say - God I wish I could be like her when she bitches somebody out. I know she was extremely upset over recent exchanges between you two. No, I dont know all the details, only that she was mightily upset about it. And yes she understands more than you think she does. She comes from a long line of "wise" women on both sides of her family tree and really does have several animals who walk with her. Yours is not the only religion in the world that communicates with mother earth and her creatures. But this is not my arguement. I just thought you should know.

For all the rest of you: She would be very gratified to know that so many are pulling for her. I know I am.

And thank you all for the well wishes in my direction. I am doing well thank you and know how to protect myself from being too drained to be of service. My employer allowed me to take a few days to attend to her and various other things that need tending.

Let me not get into the coldness and refusals of her family. Her very own mother won't be bothered to drive the 100 miles or so to see her. "What makes her think I am going to drive through DC traffic just because she is in the hospital again?" Ever want to climb through the phone and kill someone?

I can't believe how coldly her blood family treats her. Ever since her ex stole the children away its as if she has lost all credibility in their eyes. They have helped her with nothing except to compound her stress. I guess its as if they think being a mother is the end all be all of her existance and since she is no longer a full time mother she isn't worth their time. I just dont understand that kind of thinking.

And I realize this, I understand her a lot better for coming to Literotica. Here I am pouring out what I know and feel and I do not have the luxury of saying I know any of you except vicariously through Christabel's words. Thank you for listening. I am going to go get some lunch and then read her "A Breath of Snow and Ashes, " by Diana Gabaldon where she left off before this happened.

Peace and warm regards,
Odessa
 
Thank you for keeping us informed. People are sending their prayers for her from several countries, and for you and her children.

Thanks also to your employer for being understanding.

Og
 
Thank you for the report, honeybunch. I've been keeping this page open for the last couple days, hitting F5 whenever I think of it in case there's been any news posted in the preceding 10 minutes. I'm very upset about this and, while I would love her to be healthy and perky and ready to go rip the scrotal sack of her ex-husband for being a weasel, I keep feeling that she's not coming back this time. (I would be so fucking glad to be wrong about that, you understand. :) )

I want the best for her and I'd like to be able to have her rejoin us. She's a pip.

Hugs to you, too.
 
We have lost too many, this band of bacchants, far too many in the last year. Please, God, don't take another.
 
This is a great place to come for emotional support, so long as you behave like a real person and not act something that you aren't, or something vile.

We love Christabell, and only wish her the best, and a complete recovery.
 
Thank you for the report, honeybunch. I've been keeping this page open for the last couple days, hitting F5 whenever I think of it in case there's been any news posted in the preceding 10 minutes. I'm very upset about this and, while I would love her to be healthy and perky and ready to go rip the scrotal sack of her ex-husband for being a weasel, I keep feeling that she's not coming back this time. (I would be so fucking glad to be wrong about that, you understand. :) )

I want the best for her and I'd like to be able to have her rejoin us. She's a pip.

Hugs to you, too.


Don't even think that. Don't borrow it, don't empower it, just pray all goes well.

She likes you too. I am looking through her emails and buddy lists and there you are. You are one of the few who've actually seen her (a picture) well in recent times.

That Reminds me: Belegon - got any kilt shots for her? God, that makes me smile. She really does have a weakness for good looking men in kilts. She doesnt even have to drink usquebagh to enjoy the view.

I'm off, my stomach is growling.

Warm regards,
Odessa
 
Please everyone,

I need your help.
She is having heart trouble. Its not beating well or regularly.
I only have a moment, but they shoved me out of her room and are working on her now even as I write.
God. Please. Please. Please.
 
I need your help.
She is having heart trouble. Its not beating well or regularly.
I only have a moment, but they shoved me out of her room and are working on her now even as I write.
God. Please. Please. Please.


I'm praying right now. right this minute.


*hugs*
 
I offer my apologies.

I don't often loose my cool. I am still a little shakey around the edges.
They have left her room, though I am not allowed back in as of yet. The Doctor reassures me this is normal for someone in a coma. What the hell does that mean?

All I know is that they are moving her from acute care to critical care and I won't be able to see her as I am not blood kin. Just keep praying. We dont want to lose this woman and I know in my heart of hearts she doesn't want to leave either. Hell, nothing else has taken this girl down, why would this?

I will be strong for her. She can rest all she needs. We will hold down the fort.


Sincerely,
Odessa
 
I just stole this from her files. She would probably have a cow knowing I posted her face on the net. However, I think you all should have a face to go with your prayers. This was taken of her right before she got sick. Happier than anything, and having a great time at the local Renaissance Faire.
She was going to make a bunch of garb for her love and herself to dress up as extra fancy pirates. I can just see her fighting with her sewing machine cursing all the while to turn up something beautiful. By the way, with the exception of the garland, mugs and jewelery she made everything she is wearing.

[personal info prohibited per our forum guidelines]
 
*hugs, love and strength* for christabell and you odessa and her fiance and kids.:rose::heart:

And you have nothing to apologize for! This is a stressful situation especially for you sitting on the sidelines with her. You're holding up a lot better than most would in the given situation.

Can her family (I know you said they are quite cold but it might be worth a shot) sign something to give permission for the hospital to allow you in? I know we did this with one of my brothers friends when he was critical but we were in a much smaller town than I think you are.
 
Be strong Odessa. She knows you are with her where it is most important, in her heart and in her soul. :kiss:

What a lovely picture. She is a beautiful woman. Thank you so much. :rose:

Much love and healing thoughts to Christabel. :heart:
 
She sent me that photo herself. I still think it's beautiful - I love the spirit and life that come through.

Gods bless, Christa.
x
V
 
*hugs, love and strength* for christabell and you odessa and her fiance and kids.:rose::heart:

And you have nothing to apologize for! This is a stressful situation especially for you sitting on the sidelines with her. You're holding up a lot better than most would in the given situation.

Can her family (I know you said they are quite cold but it might be worth a shot) sign something to give permission for the hospital to allow you in? I know we did this with one of my brothers friends when he was critical but we were in a much smaller town than I think you are.


Thank you. I like being a rock. I do not like being jello.

You know, I think her Fiance will make it right. He has power of attorney anyway. No one in her family has even called about her status! I can see why she gave medical and other powers to her love. God Damn. I knew things were bad for her but not this bad. She tends to gloss over her difficulties. Here she found a place to let them out. For that I will be grateful. I have been going through her files and posts, and everything, and can see that she could share herself here, even if in a limited way. Thank you God for guiding her here!

It makes me feel like I haven't been a very good friend to her during all of this.
Well, if it really is the case, I am being the best friend I know how to be now.
He will be here soon. I had to wake him up to tell him whats happening now.

I have no children of my own. I am ten years older than Christabel, but besides being her friend I feel she is the child of my heart. When she first came into my life, I was leery of such a troubled thing as her. I remember her coming into the cafe, hair chopped to pieces, thin as a rail, and asking for a pot of tea. I watched her milk that tea for three hours, humming to herself as she read the local newspapers. I couldn't help it. Something about her drew me to her. I brought her a fresh pot on the house, and asked if I could join her. Those amazing eyes, so expressive, got huge and she turned ten shades of red before acquiesing to my request. It took a while, but I got her to speak to me.

Years of childhood abuse made her duck at the slightest loud noise. A raised voice had her hunching her shoulders and looking for a place to hide. My poor girl. But when she opened her mouth to sing, I swear heaven leaned closer to hear her. I remember going to the premier of her first opera. She just lit up the stage. I recall thinking at the time, this is her home. She belongs up there. I knew her when she didnt know herself. Her ex husband destroyed that voice. She was slowly working it again to try and at least sing folk music. It broke her heart not to be able to run an three and a half octave scale with power and skill. Now its all she can do to run an octave and a half with out grimacing in pain. The bastard had hit her in the throat the last day they were together.

Over time I watched her lose the hunted animal aspect of herself and blossom into this incredible performer and artist. I watched her reach out and be rebuffed or held close. I watched her struggle through so many things we take for granted.

I dont think she understood, nor does now, just how amazing she is. She always wrote snippets and poems, tucking them away into whatever box was available. She never let anyone read them. Then she, came to me soon after her marriage ended and asked me to read some of her stories.

They were incredible, even if poorly written. I encouraged her to keep writing. Which she has. Reading through her various manuscripts and short stories I am thrilled to see how much she has grown. And I see an abiding theme.
That love is the spice of life and adds so much to the unseen world around us.
She was always deeply spiritual, and had come full circle within herself recently.
I see her trying to convey that underlying pulse of life, while making for some really hot reading. Lordy, Perchance and 13 hours made my toes curl.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some of what I know of her. Why I love her. Why she is worthy of so much more.

Peace to all,
Odessa
 
MagicaPractica, I am not sure you knew this but she loves your stories. Thank you for keeping this posting alive. If you know any practical magic for bills being paid and health being restored I am sure she would appreciate it. The post you brought forward was indeed the ending of the beginning of this entire ordeal. She would call me positively raging about "the mother fucking stupid idiots" and their refusal to listen to her. I agreed with the sentiment and between her Fiance and I convinced her to change doctors and hospitals. The "mfsi" still dont have it right, but its a damn sight better than it was before.

She sent me a cover she had designed for one of my stories and I was so touched. It happened to be the one I was trying to turn into a novel. The novel has changed but the cover is still beautiful and appropriate. In turn, I loved her Halloween story and encouraged her to turn it into a novel.

Unfortunately, I know no magic for bills and health. That's something I struggle with myself. I hope they've let you in by now to be with her since you seem to be one of her two main supports. Keep whispering encouragement to her but don't forget to take care of yourself. :rose:
 
Back
Top