Hello from London!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given it’s made up, it can be as big as I imagine it to be.... but I’m a wimp so that’s actually pretty small...:rolleyes:

If they’re standard sized ear buds, that ‘sub woofer’ is pretty small. Sub woofer. Good name for a butt plug.

How is everyone?

Apologies if this tourist hijack is unwelcome, feel free to direct me elsewhere.

Visited London in November a few years back and loved it. Not too crowded, festive, but not a lot of daylight, which makes me hibernate.

Thinking of going back and maybe visiting towns in the North/South

I also work in midtown Manhattan and hate overly excessive tourist crowds.

So I'm trying to think of good months to visit. If you are so inclined, please give your feedback on various months.

January, too cold and dark for me
February, see above
March, may work
April, may work if it's before Easter Break (late April this year)
May, would love to, but too busy at work
June, would love to, but seems like tourist hell
July, see above
August, late August may work
September, early September may work
October, would love to, but too busy for work
November, cold and dark, but festive
December, cold and dark, but festive, plus have to avoid taking time off from work in late December so colleagues with families can enjoy

Last edited:
^^ tbh just travel. Avoid summer holiday (July/August just because of cost) if you want. But any time, any place.

Wales is best (IMHO) followed by Scotland.

Allia will fly a flag for the Midlands.

Oxford is special. Devon/Cornwall for the beach (but it takes for ever to get there)

Avoid Swindon and Norfolk (don't ask)

^^ tbh just travel. Avoid summer holiday (July/August just because of cost) if you want. But any time, any place.

Wales is best (IMHO) followed by Scotland.

Allia will fly a flag for the Midlands.

Oxford is special. Devon/Cornwall for the beach (but it takes for ever to get there)

Avoid Swindon and Norfolk (don't ask)

Disagree. Don't avoid Norfolk. Best beach in the world at Holkham...

Disagree. Don't avoid Norfolk. Best beach in the world at Holkham...
Disagree. Beaches of Tenby and Pendine sands, marros, broadhaven and Barafundle, Britain at its beautiful best. Norfolk is very flat (noel coward?)

Disagree. Beaches of Tenby and Pendine sands, marros, broadhaven and Barafundle, Britain at its beautiful best. Norfolk is very flat (noel coward?)

I have done the Pembrokeshre Coast Path so know them all - and yes - they're lovely but imho Holkham pips them all...

Which one of you (sorry, not sorry... Mofo's) nominated this thread... We're gonna have fucking tourists over here now.

(I'm talking about the litties)

Not me... I nominated others though... Hilarious if this wins (unlikely I know...). I’d have to drop a note to the OP...

Which one of you (sorry, not sorry... Mofo's) nominated this thread... We're gonna have fucking tourists over here now.

(I'm talking about the litties)

It was me. Sorry, not sorry. I fucking love this thread. It was the first place that I found on Lit where I really wanted to post...back when I was Sassenach16, before AP very politely pointed out that my username could be offensive to the English, and you thought I was a guy, Ruthie.

And please, untangle your knickers, most people will scroll through a page or two and back away slowly. Anyone who doesn't might just be fun to have around.

It was me. Sorry, not sorry. I fucking love this thread. It was the first place that I found on Lit where I really wanted to post...back when I was Sassenach16, before AP very politely pointed out that my username could be offensive to the English, and you thought I was a guy, Ruthie.

And please, untangle your knickers, most people will scroll through a page or two and back away slowly. Anyone who doesn't might just be fun to have around.

I’m a dick sometimes :heart:

:heart:

(I really wasn't meaning anything... It's certainly not my thread)

And I'm glad you like the place.

How did we do in the litties I'm off to look

We did shit but to be fair it isn’t generally our world and IHC did point out he hadn’t heard of most of the folks I nominated.

Still it was nice to see our little corner represented along with my ampics girls and you are all winners to me :heart::heart::heart:

Group hug! Oh no wait... I don’t do hugs... awkward half smile instead? :cattail:

We did shit but to be fair it isn’t generally our world and IHC did point out he hadn’t heard of most of the folks I nominated.

Still it was nice to see our little corner represented along with my ampics girls and you are all winners to me :heart::heart::heart:

Group hug! Oh no wait... I don’t do hugs... awkward half smile instead? :cattail:

Folkes... I'm embarrassed to say, I forgot to vote for this thread.

But at 138 pages and 35oo posts long I don't think this is a bad place;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back