For those who assume supporting a Trump presidency over a Biden one means being a MAGA Trumper....

The thing is, you can claim to disagree with the policies of some of these ultra right-wing MAGA maniacs. But as long as you keep voting for them for other reasons, you are still empowering them to take away other people's rights.

Nope.

I vote. If my preferred candidate doesn't get elected that's called fate.

Actually, that's not what happened. It's what you've been told and believe but it's not what the court decided.

The two men were free to purchase any cake in the display case. The bakery owner was willing to do that. What the court decided is that the two men couldn't command the baker to make and decorate a cake with their chosen theme.

Had the baker declined without stating a reason, they would have been fucked without any recourse. That the baker gave them a reason is why he was sued. However, the court determined that a customer cannot require that someone perform personal services against their will.

And that is the Cliff notes version of what really happened.
That the baker only refused to customize a cake based on the potential customers' sexual orientation was clearly and obviously discrimination based on a federally protected class of citizen. Again, the Supreme Court decided that the owners' religious views were more important than the customers' protections.

The conclusion of the Cliff's Notes version.

Trump couldn’t give a rats ass about people using contraceptives.
True. But his high-dollar donors and rally attendees care, and and those are the only people he cares about. Not Melania or Donnie Jr., certainly not Eric, absolutely not Tiffany, and probably not even Ivanka, unless she's standing next to him for photos.

As a rebuttal to Butters, children pregnancies, though an unfortunate crisis, is an indication of societal decay. Lack of parents taking seriously the responsibility for a child’s upbringing, being responsible parents, lack of education and the decline of strong family units is a major influence on child pregnancies. Although when a child becomes pregnant decisions have to be made to protect the child’s life and to lay out a path for the future. The question needs to be asked ‘ where were the parents. Abortion doesn’t remedy the underlying problem.

No shit. This is the type of idiocy I've come to expect when conservative men talk about abortion. The reality is that literally thousands upon thousands of girl children will become pregnant before the underlying issue is resolved.

And in the meantime, without that solution to the underlying problem, the girls should have access to abortion. Not only because otherwise it is an abomination, but because it is her body going through the process.

You are one sick fuck that you'd have some girl go through with her molester's pregnancy because you're looking for a solution that isn't even on the radar for society.

Nope.

I vote. If my preferred candidate doesn't get elected that's called fate.
And if the person you vote for is on a crusade to terminate the rights of certain minorities and women, you're supporting that. Probably happily.

Texas has now passed a law initiating a bounty program so that individual citizens can report on others whom they think are pregnant and going to get an abortion to the police. There is a monetary reward for such a report. Only for a successful prosecution of attempted abortion, I suppose. Do you think this Supreme Court would consider that an invasion of privacy?

Yes.

Here's an interesting wrinkle in that "plan." How does the snitch know that the mother is preggers? AND how does the snitch know she's going to get an abortion?

And then how are the cops going to justify that under the standard of probable cause so that the cops can get a warrant? "We had an anonymous tip that she was pregnant..."?

Talk about over reaching.

This Texas law will fall like all the other laws of this type which the State has tried to pass.

No shit. This is the type of idiocy I've come to expect when conservative men talk about abortion. The reality is that literally thousands upon thousands of girl children will become pregnant before the underlying issue is resolved.

And in the meantime, without that solution to the underlying problem, the girls should have access to abortion. Not only because otherwise it is an abomination, but because it is her body going through the process.

You are one sick fuck that you'd have some girl go through with her molester's pregnancy because you're looking for a solution that isn't even on the radar for society.

Not every teen pregnancy is the result of molestation.

As a rebuttal to Butters, children pregnancies, though an unfortunate crisis, is an indication of societal decay. Lack of parents taking seriously the responsibility for a child’s upbringing, being responsible parents, lack of education and the decline of strong family units is a major influence on child pregnancies. Although when a child becomes pregnant decisions have to be made to protect the child’s life and to lay out a path for the future. The question needs to be asked ‘ where were the parents. Abortion doesn’t remedy the underlying problem.
Not every teen pregnancy is the result of molestation.

And if the person you vote for is on a crusade to terminate the rights of certain minorities and women, you're supporting that. Probably happily.

Well, that's a lot of pure projection.

I'd think it's rather obvious by now that I'm not someone who votes blindly based on party affiliation. That you assert that I do is unsubstantiated.

Yes.

Here's an interesting wrinkle in that "plan." How does the snitch know that the mother is preggers? AND how does the snitch know she's going to get an abortion?
They don't have to KNOW, silly man. They just have to have heard a rumor or maybe think the girl looks a bit pudgier than she used to in order to file a report. And in Texas, I would imagine the police might kick in the door with guns raised to "investigate" the allegation.
And then how are the cops going to justify that under the standard of probable cause so that the cops can get a warrant? "We had an anonymous tip that she was pregnant..."?
They can claim that their informant had "credible information" that the girl was in the process of performing an abortion herself, which would negate the cops' necessity for a warrant.
Talk about over reaching.

This Texas law will fall like all the other laws of this type which the State has tried to pass.
Are you not understanding that that's what this is all about, government overreach? For a political party who used to stand for "small government", you all certainly want the government to interfere and intervene and everyone's personal lives.

They don't have to KNOW, silly man. They just have to have heard a rumor or maybe think the girl looks a bit pudgier than she used to in order to file a report. And in Texas, I would imagine the police might kick in the door with guns raised to "investigate" the allegation.

They can claim that their informant had "credible information" that the girl was in the process of performing an abortion herself, which would negate the cops' necessity for a warrant.

Are you not understanding that that's what this is all about, government overreach? For a political party who used to stand for "small government", you all certainly want the government to interfere and intervene and everyone's personal lives.

More fear mongering.

Well, that's a lot of pure projection.

I'd think it's rather obvious by now that I'm not someone who votes blindly based on party affiliation. That you assert that I do is unsubstantiated.
Tell me who all you've voted for in the past couple elections, and we can debate about your criteria. And what the hell have you ever said that made it obvious you don't just vote along party lines?

Unsubstantiated claim.

Tell me who all you've voted for in the past couple elections, and we can debate about your criteria. And what the hell have you ever said that made it obvious you don't just vote along party lines?

Unsubstantiated claim.

I decline to tell you who I voted for. You asking me also violates all kinds of privacy and election laws.

BTW, my position on abortion is well known on this board.

It's not the Conservative one.

Which kind of shows everyone that you are projecting your ideas onto me as a means to try and make this personal.

Where have I disagreed with you. Abortion is a remedy but with loving parents the option for full carry and adoption is also an option. I believe they deserve a choice.

Where have I disagreed with you. Abortion is a remedy but with loving parents the option for full carry and adoption is also an option. I believe they deserve a choice.

Don't romanticize child pregnancy. It is massively medically risky fraught with complications that can last a lifetime. Let alone the danger the girl child is in during a molestation pregnancy. You believe they should carry their molester's fetus as some act of moral rectitude. WTF. Her "loving parents" couldn't protect her from her molester. And you think this is going to be a situation where this pregnancy can be brought to term without insane levels of risk.

Yes it is her choice. I would advise any girl child in that position to get an abortion. For her life and safety. You would encourage her to take the "high road". One that likely will kill her, the fetus she's carrying or the baby she gives birth to.

Again, you live in lala land. This isn't some idiotic fantasy. This is the real world, with real consequences. Ones you can't understand - and never will. But that doesn't stop you from trying to apply your imaginary scenarios.

This is why I sneer at conservative men trying to talk about abortion. You have no idea how fucking moronic you all sound.

Hey I know, tell us all about the evils of elective third term abortions. That'll surely be an interesting discussion.

Don't romanticize child pregnancy. It is insanely medically risky fraught with complications that can last a lifetime. Let alone the danger the girl child is in during a molestation pregnancy. You believe they should carry their molester's fetus as some act of moral rectitude. WTF. Her "loving parents" couldn't protect her from her molester. And you think this is going to be a situation where this pregnancy can be brought to term without insane levels of risk.

Yes it is her choice. I would advise any girl child in that position to get an abortion. For her life and safety. You would encourage her to take the "high road". One that likely will kill her, the fetus she's carrying or the baby she gives birth to.

Again, you live in lala land. This isn't some idiotic fantasy. This is the real world, with real consequences. Ones you can't understand - and never will. But that doesn't stop you from trying to apply your imaginary scenarios.

This is why I sneer at conservative men trying to talk about abortion. You have no idea how fucking moronic you all sound.

Hey I know. tell us all about the evils of elective third term abortions. That'll surely be an interesting discussion.

Again, not every teen pregnancy is the result of molestation.

Because of Dobbs? Remember, there is no constitutional Right to abortion. There IS a constitutional right to privacy which has already been attached to contraceptives.

🙄

There WAS a constitutional right to privacy that WAS attached to abortion TOO… until there WASN’T after Dobbs.

😑

👉 Derpy 🤣

🇺🇸

Again, not every teen pregnancy is the result of molestation.

Hey, dipshit, I'm talking about children. Not teen pregnancy.

I pointed that out earlier.

Please demonstrate further your skills of observation and comprehension so we can experience the proper amount of awe.

Should I quote you? It's not our fault you can't keep up with the class.

:nana:

Hey I know, tell us all about the evils of elective third term abortions. That'll surely be an interesting discussion.

Don’t forget about all those post birth / delivery executions of perfectly healthy babies so their body parts can be used as pizza toppings for Democrat pedophile pizza parties…

🙄

😑

🤬

Don't romanticize child pregnancy. It is massively medically risky fraught with complications that can last a lifetime. Let alone the danger the girl child is in during a molestation pregnancy. You believe they should carry their molester's fetus as some act of moral rectitude. WTF. Her "loving parents" couldn't protect her from her molester. And you think this is going to be a situation where this pregnancy can be brought to term without insane levels of risk.

Child molestation becomes a matter for the courts.

Hey, dipshit, I'm talking about children. Not teen pregnancy.

I pointed that out earlier.

Please demonstrate further your skills of observation and comprehension so we can experience the proper amount of awe.

Should I quote you? It's not our fault you can't keep up with the class.

:nana:

Derpy has completely lost the plot in the “electric cars” thread as well.

🙄

👉 Derpy 🤣

🇺🇸

Back