Dictionary

dixicritter said:
Ok being the novice that I am, and not afraid of embarassing myself by asking questions, I have another one. Again, I have a small, very small understanding of this and need a more clear definition....

Question: What is a munch?

thanks,
dixi

A munch is a non-play social gathering, usually at a restaurant, where people get together just to eat and chat and get to know each other.

James Blandings said:

A munch is a non-play social gathering, usually at a restaurant, where people get together just to eat and chat and get to know each other.

Thank you, boy was I a little off base on what I thought that was....lol

dixicritter said:
Thank you, boy was I a little off base on what I thought that was....lol
I'm curious now: what did you think a "munch" was?

We have three a month in my area. Here's an actual email invitation to the next one of them, just so you can see that they're just *not* scary events at all.

NORTH BAY GROUP BDSM MUNCH

Date: Sunday, August 18, 2002
Time: 11:00 a.m. on.....
Place: Mary's Pizza Shack
In the banquet room
Petaluma - 359 E. Washington Street

Directions: From U.S. 101, take the Downtown Petaluma (East
Washington) exit and proceed west. From the north, just go right... from the south, go *over* the freeway. Proceed south a few blocks on East Washington. Mary's Pizza Shack is in a small shopping center on your right. The cross street is Lakeville.

As usual, you may arrive at 11:00 or later.... They will let us use
the room till 1:00 PM for sure... later if no other groups reserves it
from 1:00 (they have a 2 hour limit they impose when the demand is high.) If that happens we can adjourn to tables in the main restaurant area.

There is no charge except for whatever food and drink you might
order...but *please note* if you do order, a 15% tip will be added to your bill automatically. That's standard for large parties. You need not add any more tip, though most of us do.

For first-timers: this is not a play party. It's a get-together for folks who share a common interest in BDSM... (a common bond..) f you're shy or unsure of yourself, this is the perfect place to be... everyone is friendly and non-judgmental. See you there.

cymbidia said:
I'm curious now: what did you think a "munch" was?

Well honestly Cym, I thought there was more to it than that. As you know, I'm new to all this. Coming here was the best thing I could've ever done.

I knew a munch was a meeting of sorts, but I guess I assumed it went further. You know what they say about assuming. I'm trying not to make assumptions, but learn the real deal. Man this takes alot of work....:D

dixi

Fluff - posts that are not typically of a serious nature. Or designed in such a way that is fun, yet sometimes also informative. (at least that's my take on it)

dixi

POV = point of view

PE = power exchange (any amount of power in any area)

TPE = total power exchange (all power in all areas, isn't that what total means)

~hope I am not repeating something~

I have a question that's been bugging me as I can't figure this one out....

What is YMMV? That one has me totally lost...lol

thanks,
dixi

YMMV

Ah, appropriate for my first post EVER at Lit ...

"Your Mileage May Vary"

which, it does.

Az

Thanks Azzy!! I just knew it was something simple I hadn't thought of....:D

And Let me just say welcome to the board. I hope you stick around and post more. You will lose the virgin title under your name at 30 posts, at 100 posts you get an avatar, and at 1000 posts you get to choose your own title. Please take the time to read the Sticky: Welcome to the BDSM Talk Board. Lots of useful info there.

Again Welcome, come on in and have fun.

:)
dixi

Dixi,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been lurking around these parts for a few months now, and feel like you all are family already.

Thanks for the tips. I've read the sticky and made it half way through the monster/mega/mother thread.

I've only hesitated to post (not because I didn't think I'd be welcomed), but because I'm already a forum addict, and have Mod responsibilities for the lit section on another board. I didn't want to fuel my addiction any further!

So, thank you again. I'll get around to posting in the new faces thread soon.

Az

dixicritter said:
bump

thought maybe someone might have additions or use of it.

~smile~
dixi

Perfect timing Dixi-

A friend of mine asked me to define orgasm control. I realized there was no way, with my experience, that I could give him a good answer.

Can anyone help me out?

Red, here's a definition I found at another site, hope this helps.

Orgasm Control - Giving control fo when and how orgasms are experienced - and when they are not - to another person.

Orgasm Denial - Losing the right to have orgasms for a period of time.

Orgasm on Command - having an orgasm on the command of another person.

Great question, and I'm sure if you need a better definition we can get someone in to help us out.

~smile~
dixi

Not sure if anyone could use this info now, but thought I'd bump it up for kicks and grins. :D

Good bump indeed.

From the Deviant's Dictionary -(http://public.diversity.org.uk/deviant/dictindx.htm)

cupping

The placing of suction devices on the skin, once used to draw blood to the surface for medical leeching but now sometimes used in scenes to sensitise the skin and particularly nipples. Rubber suction cups found in snakebite kits are often used; other devices include a sealable tube through which the air can be sucked out of the cup. Avoid extreme pressure such as that available with powered pumps, and be aware that the activity can cause welting.

elastrator

Device, resembling a pair of tongs, used for applying very strong and tight elastic bands, intended for vetinary use in castrating and tail-cropping young animals, but sometimes used as a form of clamp in SM play, especially on nipples (prolonged wearing of such bands should be avoided). Eventually more details should be in the Clips and Clamps briefing.

freeplay

A form of play sometimes employed when the main interest in an SM activity is the physical sensation (see pain) or experience, where no domination or submission is involved and the partners swap roles during the scene or do things to each other simultaneously.

lara

Back