DGO's Unthread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know...

... that today is Mississippi River Discovery Day? In 1541, Hernando de Soto, a Spanish explorer, discovered the Mississippi River. This great river's depth ranges from less than 3 feet at the headwaters in Minnesota, to the deepest section between Governor Nicholls Wharf and Algiers Point in New Orleans where it is 200 feet deep!



Happy Birthday
to

Harry S. Truman - 1884

Edward Gibbon - historian (1737)

Jean Henri Dunant - founder of the International Red Cross (1828)

Thomas Pynchon - novelist (1937)

Peter Benchley - novelist (1940)
​
 
Did you know...

... that today is Mississippi River Discovery Day? In 1541, Hernando de Soto, a Spanish explorer, discovered the Mississippi River. This great river's depth ranges from less than 3 feet at the headwaters in Minnesota, to the deepest section between Governor Nicholls Wharf and Algiers Point in New Orleans where it is 200 feet deep!



Happy Birthday
to

Harry S. Truman - 1884

Edward Gibbon - historian (1737)

Jean Henri Dunant - founder of the International Red Cross (1828)

Thomas Pynchon - novelist (1937)

Peter Benchley - novelist (1940)
​

Hmm...I wonder if that's why the officer wanted to throw me in the river last summer while we were in New Orleans?

Good morning DGO.
 
Hmm...I wonder if that's why the officer wanted to throw me in the river last summer while we were in New Orleans?

Good morning DGO.

Yeah, we thought it was a good idea. We have another one though.

It's not morning until the sun shines. :D
 
Yeah, we thought it was a good idea. We have another one though.

It's not morning until the sun shines. :D

LOL I'm sure you do....I'm pretty sure he'll get ahold of you today and fill you in on the new plans :devil:


The sun is rising here and it appears to be a beautiful day!

You take care of you and see ya tonight.
 
LOL I'm sure you do....I'm pretty sure he'll get ahold of you today and fill you in on the new plans :devil:


The sun is rising here and it appears to be a beautiful day!

You take care of you and see ya tonight.

I have the new plans. We will not fail this time.
 
Did you know...

... that today is Mississippi River Discovery Day? In 1541, Hernando de Soto, a Spanish explorer, discovered the Mississippi River. This great river's depth ranges from less than 3 feet at the headwaters in Minnesota, to the deepest section between Governor Nicholls Wharf and Algiers Point in New Orleans where it is 200 feet deep!



Happy Birthday
to

Harry S. Truman - 1884

Edward Gibbon - historian (1737)

Jean Henri Dunant - founder of the International Red Cross (1828)

Thomas Pynchon - novelist (1937)

Peter Benchley - novelist (1940)
​

Good morning {{{{{{{{DGO}}}}}}}}}} :kiss:

That river is quite something to say the least. Hope you are having a great day.
 
Hmm...I wonder if that's why the officer wanted to throw me in the river last summer while we were in New Orleans?

Good morning DGO.

Good morning {{{{{{{{Sase}}}}}}}}}} :kiss: And gee, what happened then?
 
Good morning {{{{{{{{DGO}}}}}}}}}} :kiss:

That river is quite something to say the least. Hope you are having a great day.

ROTFLMAO! :D


The muddy Mississippi is indeed something to see. Here's a bit of trivia: Langston Hughes wrote the poem, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers" when he was crossing the Mississippi on his way to visit his father in Mexico.


The Negro Speaks of Rivers

I've known rivers:
I've known rivers ancient as the world
and older than the flow of human blood in human veins.

My soul has grown deep like the rivers.

I bathe in the Euphrates when dawns were young.
I built my hut near the Congo and it lulled me to sleep.
I looked upon the Nile and raised the pyramids above it.
I heard the singing of the Mississippi when Abe Lincoln
went down to New Orleans,* and I've seen its muddy
bosom turn all golden in the sunset.

I've known rivers:
Ancient, dusky rivers.

My soul has grown deep like the rivers.
 
The muddy Mississippi is indeed something to see. Here's a bit of trivia: Langston Hughes wrote the poem, "The Negro Speaks of Rivers" when he was crossing the Mississippi on his way to visit his father in Mexico.


The Negro Speaks of Rivers

I've known rivers:
I've known rivers ancient as the world
and older than the flow of human blood in human veins.

My soul has grown deep like the rivers.

I bathe in the Euphrates when dawns were young.
I built my hut near the Congo and it lulled me to sleep.
I looked upon the Nile and raised the pyramids above it.
I heard the singing of the Mississippi when Abe Lincoln
went down to New Orleans,* and I've seen its muddy
bosom turn all golden in the sunset.

I've known rivers:
Ancient, dusky rivers.

My soul has grown deep like the rivers.

Thank you so much for sharing that. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top