DGO's Unthread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know...

.... that today is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony Premiere? In 1824, Ludwig von Beethoven premiered the symphony in Vienna, Austria. When the piece ended, Beethoven, being deaf, was still conducting. The soprano soloist turned him around to accept his applause. Celebrate by listening to some of his beautiful music.



Today's Birthdays

Robert Browning
poet (1812)
(Elizabeth Barret Browning wrote Sonnet #43, From the Portuguese to Robert Browning, her husband.)

Johannes Brahms
composer (1833)

Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
composer, (1840)

Gary Cooper
film actor (1901)

Edwin H. Land
1909–1991 American inventor and photographic pioneer.

Eva Peron
political leader (1919)

Johnny Unitas
football player (1933)
​


Happy Hump Day {{{{{DGO}}}} :kiss:

Thank you so much for the Did You Know?

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday.
 
Had some last night and earlier. It is cloudy but calm right now. Hope the storms get through quickly for you.

I must live in Come and Go land! I turn off the computer because of the storms and they go away. I turn the computer on and they come back.
 
I must live in Come and Go land! I turn off the computer because of the storms and they go away. I turn the computer on and they come back.

And that does seem to shift, at least as the spring/summer season moves on. I know exactly what you mean. Nice to see you back. :)
 
And that does seem to shift, at least as the spring/summer season moves on. I know exactly what you mean. Nice to see you back. :)

I decided to finish a card that I got in a kit. Love the format but I should have gone with my first mind and changed the paper.
 
I decided to finish a card that I got in a kit. Love the format but I should have gone with my first mind and changed the paper.

Glad you were able to get back online to then go with your first choice. I am sure it is turning out great. :)
 
It will be great to see them. :)

I joined a yahoo group for card makers. They post their cards mostly on the free sites, so I started a page on my site for mine. I made cards long before computers and then moved to computer generated cards. I bought a cricut and now I'm combining that format with computer graphics. My cards are no where near as pretty as the ones I've seen though.
 
I joined a yahoo group for card makers. They post their cards mostly on the free sites, so I started a page on my site for mine. I made cards long before computers and then moved to computer generated cards. I bought a cricut and now I'm combining that format with computer graphics. My cards are no where near as pretty as the ones I've seen though.

I am sure your cards are great. Maybe you will share them or the link to them. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top