Cover Song Better Than The Original

I never like Miley Cyrus until the episode of Black Mirror where she ends it singing NINs Head Like a Hole.
Then I heard this. I still don't listen to Miley Cyrus, but I appreciate her voice, and seriously, she shits on Hetfield and this cover of Nothing Else Matters is just a talent overload.

I never like Miley Cyrus until the episode of Black Mirror where she ends it singing NINs Head Like a Hole.
Then I heard this. I still don't listen to Miley Cyrus, but I appreciate her voice, and seriously, she shits on Hetfield and this cover of Nothing Else Matters is just a talent overload.

She also does a good cover of Jolene.

Then I guess it's time to throw down.šŸ˜‚

Mike Patton has an absolutely amazing voice in general and the groove that FNM had in general is far superior to Sabbath.

Saw Patton in a show last year. Great voice. He was on my list of artists to see. Been crossing them off.

Her vocals are just a skoosh better than Dylanā€™s

Maria Muldaur did a great job with that song too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blind Faith's cover of Buddy Holly's Well..Alright.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ike and Tina's cover of CCR's Proud Mary.
Nightwish's cover of Gary Moore's Over the Hills and Far Away.
Aerosmith's version of the Beatles' Come Together.
Disturbed's version of S&G's Sound of Silence.
I'm sure I'll think of more.
Land of Confusion was also better than Genesis' version, imo
Metallicas version of Stone Cold Crazy. They added more attitude than Queen could to the song.
Let's be honest. Most of Garage Days is better than the original songs.

Out of absolutely morbid curiosity, in going to have to look into that NIN cover.

I think Elton was a big part of why that version is so good. There is a clip of him describing why he loves that sing so much and just how good it actually is, so I feel like he really wanted to pay respect to it with the arrangement.

If there are two people you want covering your song, it's Elton John and Weird Al Yankovic.
She also does a good cover of Jolene.
I was about to add that face myself. Dolly is apparently her Godmother.

Out of absolutely morbid curiosity, in going to have to look into that NIN cover.

I think Elton was a big part of why that version is so good. There is a clip of him describing why he loves that sing so much and just how good it actually is, so I feel like he really wanted to pay respect to it with the arrangement.

I've had a look around and I haven't found it anywhere except for at the end of the Black Mirror episode she's in. Absolutely fantastic show, so worth the watch.

Yes, Elton John is a massive part of why that cover works so well. I do think her voice suits it beautifully though.

This maybe a unpopular opinion, but Avenged Sevenfold's cover of Wish You Were Here. I love the original by Pink Floyd. But to me, AV's version is updated and has a special place in my heart. Maybe it's the time it came out for me. I was dealing with some personal losses. But it's a staple in my playlists.

Back