30 in 30 Companion Thread

PoeTess, you made it! Here's to the keepers and to tenacity. :heart:

Drinks on the house. Harry's buyin. :D

I'll be back later for my poem. I have no idea...:rolleyes:

Thanks, sweetheart. :heart: Yours certainly won't be as feeble as my final effort, I was really running on empty.

Congratulations, GP! All done! Yay!

Harry, looking forward to seeing you make your way through. :)

WTG Harry! Let's hope more poets join you. :D
Misery loves company
Yeah, welcome aboard, Harry! Here's to you having lots of inspiration (and lending me some now and then hehehe)! :catroar:
:cool:
You've had a good run, :)
Welcome to the jungle, Harry! Maybe we should be buying you drinks. :D :rose:
ty, brandy if you are buying
Congratulations, GP! All done! Yay!
Harry, looking forward to seeing you make your way through. :)
Just wrote 2/2 when you read it you'll know why I'm blue :rolleyes:

Just wrote 2/2 when you read it you'll know why I'm blue :rolleyes:

Ah yes, it has made me a bit blue, too.

I really liked doors, Harry. It hit home for me, no pun intended. :)

Angeline and Remec: I feel your pain. :D

Ah yes, it has made me a bit blue, too.

I really liked doors, Harry. It hit home for me, no pun intended. :)

Angeline and Remec: I feel your pain. :D

I know you do. I tried harder today. It's better to burn out than to fade away. :D

I know you do. I tried harder today. It's better to burn out than to fade away. :D
'Heavenly shades of night are falling; it's twilight time' you came back strong today as well as unearthing memories of high school when the local am station played those songs from the fifties on the weekend
and thanks Lyricalli :)

'Heavenly shades of night are falling; it's twilight time' you came back strong today as well as unearthing memories of high school when the local am station played those songs from the fifties on the weekend
and thanks Lyricalli :)

Thanks Harry. :)

My parents sent me and my sister to a pool club every summer and they'd have dances on Friday nights. I remember watching the teenagers do line dances to those songs. It's a magical memory for me. :rose:

Just a pre-posting thank you for such inspiration this afternoon hehehe :D

:rolleyes:;):rose:

I loved it. :) The song, too. I have no doo wop memories, but I can easily listen to those old songs for hours.

Remec: You make me smile. Such fun. :D

Oy :rolleyes:

Are there rules for the blitz form? think I got it sussed out but wanted to be sure before I started one

First two lines start with the same word
Next two lines start with the last word of the second line
Continue pattern to end
Next to last line is the last word of the line above
Last line is the last word of first line in the last pair

First two lines start with the same word
Next two lines start with the last word of the second line
Continue pattern to end
Next to last line is the last word of the line above
Last line is the last word of first line in the last pair

and the length is determined by the writer?

and the length is determined by the writer?

The Shadow Poetry page is where Angeline pointed me to.

It says 48 lines with the repeating pattern, then the last two lines (49 & 50) would be the one word lines, reversing the order of the last words of lines 47 & 48.

There are rules for the title, too, though I think I was the only one silly enough to try to follow those. Made for one weird title, that's for sure:

The title must be only three words, with some sort of preposition or conjunction joining the first word from the third line to the first word from the 47th line, in that order.​

The Shadow Poetry page is where Angeline pointed me to.

It says 48 lines with the repeating pattern, then the last two lines (49 & 50) would be the one word lines, reversing the order of the last words of lines 47 & 48.

There are rules for the title, too, though I think I was the only one silly enough to try to follow those. Made for one weird title, that's for sure:

The title must be only three words, with some sort of preposition or conjunction joining the first word from the third line to the first word from the 47th line, in that order.​
Damned if rem didn't pull one off, brilliant, (I'm laughing of course :rolleyes:
when I saw his this a.m. knew mine was going back to the workshop

Thanks Calli for sharing that Shadow Poetry page. It has been my go-to for this round of 30/30!

Harry my friend don't overthink the blitz. You have such a natural flair with language, just improvise. You can always change stuff later, right? Oh and I never followed the rule for the title on the few I wrote. :eek:

ETA: Remec's blitz is great! I especially agree with the part about naps lol.

Now I have to go think what the hell I should write today. :cool:

Last edited:
Damned if rem didn't pull one off, brilliant, (I'm laughing of course :rolleyes:
when I saw his this a.m. knew mine was going back to the workshop

Thanks Calli for sharing that Shadow Poetry page. It has been my go-to for this round of 30/30!

Harry my friend don't overthink the blitz. You have such a natural flair with language, just improvise. You can always change stuff later, right? Oh and I never followed the rule for the title on the few I wrote. :eek:

Yeah, I literally opened up Word, labeled the first line 1 and then marked off every six lines until I got to 48...considered what I wanted the last two words to be, backed up off that to do lines 47 and 48, then back to 1 and just ran with it.

Next thing I knew, I was on 47 and 48 and had to revise them a little, then consider what the traditional title came out to be, decide I liked it, added a comma and voilá! All done *g*

Ange is right, improvisation is the key. Remember, more so than most poetry, a blitz is more of an oral work and if you say the phrases as you type, you'll find them just popping out of your mouth.

:cool:

Yeah, I literally opened up Word, labeled the first line 1 and then marked off every six lines until I got to 48...considered what I wanted the last two words to be, backed up off that to do lines 47 and 48, then back to 1 and just ran with it.

Next thing I knew, I was on 47 and 48 and had to revise them a little, then consider what the traditional title came out to be, decide I liked it, added a comma and voilá! All done *g*

Ange is right, improvisation is the key. Remember, more so than most poetry, a blitz is more of an oral work and if you say the phrases as you type, you'll find them just popping out of your mouth.

I really, really like your blitz!

Speaking of things popping out of your mouth, I think yours would be really fun to read. Would you mind if I took a crack at recording it? :)

Back