Menstrual Hut

Starfish

Mind fucked and broken
Joined
Feb 2, 2001
Posts
15,926
Humph

:D

Okay, so, if you had no tampons, maxis or anything but a cup shaped leaf to sit on to catch it, while other women sat around you, what would you talk about/do?

I think I'd try to have it where I can paint up some menstrual art, with my pain and agony. I would make it my av then.


If I did that for real, what would you people think? Do I care? No, but I did just bleed all over myself and I am wanting to share it with you in an altered form.


Answer my questions.
 
Last edited:
fishie, you're wonderful.

I think you should read The Red Tent.
 
foxinsox said:
Phew. For a moment there, I thought you were wanting to share my bits of womb lining and discarded egg and stuff.

*wipes forehead*

The men I can do!!

:D

I think I love you, maybe not quite that much.:D

do you think fishie thought this thread would make it?:D
 
Ah yes, the great equalizer. You can go up to almost any womam of child bearing age, any ethnicity, social status or religion, whisper a refrence to menstruation and they get it.

Some pagans use collected blood in rituals. I rather like your art idea. Very creative.

I had a hysterectomy some time ago and do not bleed anymore but miss it at times. I found it very cleansing and I had a desire to "nest".

One of the funniest things I ever heard was "No shit men fear women. They can bleed for seven days and not die." It only makes sense that many cultures make this an "unclean" time for women. It reduces their power. Put them in a hut where they can be away from the others.

Frankly, I think the idea of women's space at that time is a good idea. Heck, it would be a great time to catch up on the gossip, you feel like shit anyway and wouldn't have to keep up with your daily routine, (no work, kids, husband - a monthly mini vacation), it would give you a time, place and reason to meditate and be introspective and think of the strength of the bonds that could happen. A week long girls night out.

Drugs and elixers to ease the cramps would be a must. Add a hot tub, hair and nail care products in abundance, massage tables, heating pads, good music, a library, net access and beds with a hundred pillows. Unlimited chocolate access...gee I may have to write a grant and see if I can get this thing rolling. LOL

Thanks, this was fun. Hope you are feeling better soon. Submit your art.
 
foxinsox said:
Fishy prolly didn't count on a pissy, bleeding fox to bump things along a bit.

or a duck with an odd sense of humour.
 
foxinsox said:
I find sex and chocolate helps. Copious quantites of both, in any order.

But he dies after :)

Fox, I think I love you! At least, I love the way you think! :D
 
Yes lots of sex and chocolate will get me through most anything.

Wasn't it Jane Fonda that recommended orgasms for cramps?

MidnightAngel, if we kill em afterwards what do we do for next month? Can't we just pass them along?

Hey, wait a minute...kill the bastards, I don't use them anyway. LOL Geesh, I almost had an identity crisis. I am entirely too PC anymore. I am missing that great bleeding woman's, take no shit, energy.
 
There are lots of men here. Perhaps we could catch them?

I tried the orgasms for cramps deal. Didn't work for me. Just made the cramps worse. :( Being alone and yelling a lot works for me.
 
Starfish said:
Humph

I think I'd try to have it where I can paint up some menstrual art, with my pain and agony. I would make it my av then.


If I did that for real, what would you people think? Do I care? No, but I did just bleed all over myself and I am wanting to share it with you in an altered form.


Answer my questions.

There you go again. Magnificent. Do it. There's something wholly primal about it- and wholly female. I would love to see such art.
 
I just got my very first one since having Gilly. I am SO excited. :rolleyes:
 
Back a few years ago, I went on a walk with the American Indians.
It was to protest against involuntary sterilization by the government...they would go in for something as innocuous as having your appendix taken out, and come out sterile.
Ok, back to the point. Anyway, They have the custom of putting women into a moon tent or hut, also. I welcomed the idea. I thought it was a beautiful thing.
Us women just sat around and talked...while we were on the move during the morning hours, we would all sit in the van and ride along while the men and women that weren't bleeding at that time walked. It was very close and companionable.
We had some wonderful talks during that time.
I will always cherish that memory.


:) :heart:
 
I love this thread! Thanks for sharing...

I wish it'd been around a couple of weeks ago..LOL.

HotXBunz, please go get that grant :)
 
Well as silly as it sounds i love having my period...it just reminds me how closely tied we women are to the cycles of the moon & even the ocean...something about the magnetic pulls of the earth (ok i have no idea what im saying).

I do notice however, right before my period some strange things occur:
- my sense of smell is exacerbated (ie. meat cooking becomes so pungent that i can almost visualize the entire slaughtering and the smell of the blood; tomatoes and their rotting flesh) I could go on and on...its really every smell not just food.
- i become extremely clumsy...banging into walls, poles, tripping up the stairs, cutting myself while preparing food, and worse while driving sometimes right over the median or curb..lol.
- dreams are unusually disturbing or psychic
- anything in my life that is unresolved or that i've pretended is ok, comes to the surface..ahem and not always pleasantly

anyone else experience similar stuff or am i just losing it?? lol.
 
You're not losing it, hon!
I experience the same things during my periods.

I too, think we are tied more closely to the earth and the moon...we bleed with the phases of the moon. Like the rising and falling of the tides.
There was a book I read on this subject...I'm going onto the web to see if I can locate it again.

Great thread Starfish...this is wonderful!
:heart: :rose:
 
Espressolover, thanks for sharing such a great experience and lisalovesit you are not alone. Hormones are powerful things.

Where is our Starfishie? She is probably off painting lovely artful things. This really is a wonderful thread.

I love being a woman. I love the ties I have to the heavens and the earth like Espressolover mentioned.

Since my surgery I no longer bleed but I do ovulate and have the symptoms thereof. I know menopause is stalking me. I will miss the pull of the cycles but accept the change as part of my overall life cycle.

I have two daughters and I never wanted them to feel shamed about this part of their sexuality. Our society is so lacking in coming of age ceremonies. Menarche is a big deal in a womans life. Don't think I am crazy but we had a "Red" party for the girls when they started their periods. We invited their friends and female relatives. All of us wore red and gave the girls something red to remember this time. Sentimental as they are, they both have their gifts and pictures tucked away in a little box. It was fun and meaningful. Their friends, now in their twenties, will still occasionally mention the party and what it meant to them.
 
Back
Top