Opinion on open relationship

Keiiii

Exploring
My partner brought up open relationships and polyandry in our chat the other day. He thinks it could be liberating and wants me to feel free to explore and spend time with any man I want. He's all about freedom, love, and trust.

How would you react if your partner brought this up? What do you think about open relationships and polyandry?

I would bring it up myself
Have had poly/open relationships and can’t see myself in a monogamous relationship anymore
The key for me is open communication, I don’t need every detail but i do wanna know who my partner is seeing and what they mean to them
And Offcourse safe sex

I would bring it up myself
Have had poly/open relationships and can’t see myself in a monogamous relationship anymore
The key for me is open communication, I don’t need every detail but i do wanna know who my partner is seeing and what they mean to them
And Offcourse safe sex
Really? Has your partner never felt jealous, or have you guys never had any arguments about this? Having one partner is hard enough, but if there are more, wouldn't it be a headache?

My partner brought up open relationships and polyandry in our chat the other day. He thinks it could be liberating and wants me to feel free to explore and spend time with any man I want. He's all about freedom, love, and trust.

How would you react if your partner brought this up? What do you think about open relationships and polyandry?
I have a thread about why a man finds it erotic that his lady is playing around with other guys. Maybe it turns him on seeing you with with another. Or he wants to experience some freedom himself. It would work only if you are very open and trusting that it is physical only as I have seen plenty that end up destroying the relationship instead.

What do I think? Either the relationship is not strong enough. Did he suggest its a turn on to know you could be with someone else?

Offcourse there is still jealousy
But that isn’t about the person but more about what he or she does with others
Like if he didn’t go on a date with me for a while but then tells me about a fun date with some one else…
But talking talking talking helps
It’s also fun to see him all happy when having a new connection
Expecting someone is 100% into the same things then I am is just crazy…
At the moment I’m single but in the past I had a closed threesome and it was so much fun to go shopping with my girlfriend to come home where our boyfriend was cooking us dinner and to spend a cosy evening with the 3 of us…

The arguments I’ve had is mainly about communication
Like coming home, seeing a hicky on my bf neck and him not telling anything about it…

Like if he didn’t go on a date with me for a while but then tells me about a fun date with some one else…
At the moment I’m single but in the past I had a closed threesome and it was so much fun to go shopping with my girlfriend to come home where our boyfriend was cooking us dinner and to spend a cosy evening with the 3 of us…

Like coming home, seeing a hicky on my bf neck and him not telling anything about it…
So true, the part about jealous. Definitely still rears its ugly head especially if he or she tells you that they were better or did things that you wouldn't with each other or does things to the other person that sort of seems out of bounds and you enjoyed your performance too much...I could go on...

I have a thread about why a man finds it erotic that his lady is playing around with other guys. Maybe it turns him on seeing you with with another. Or he wants to experience some freedom himself. It would work only if you are very open and trusting that it is physical only as I have seen plenty that end up destroying the relationship instead.

What do I think? Either the relationship is not strong enough. Did he suggest its a turn on to know you could be with someone else?
He didn't explicitly mention if it's a turn on for him, but he emphasized the benefits of being in an open relationship and asked me how I would feel about it. He mentioned that in such a dynamic, there would be no jealousy or possessiveness, and I would have the freedom to explore and go on adventures with any man I want. Without getting judged or labelled.

He didn't explicitly mention if it's a turn on for him, but he emphasized the benefits of being in an open relationship and asked me how I would feel about it. He mentioned that in such a dynamic, there would be no jealousy or possessiveness, and I would have the freedom to explore and go on adventures with any man I want. Without getting judged or labelled.
What are you holding back for Keiiii? Go for it!

In my case, when I expressed to him that I didn't want to share him, he reassured me that he also doesn't want that. He made it clear that he wants to be with me but also wants to give me the exclusive freedom to see other men if it makes me happy and fulfilled. At first, I was worried that he didn't want me in his life anymore, but he explained that his intentions were purely about my happiness and fulfillment, not about wanting someone else or breaking up. He just wants me to consider trying this new dynamic

In my case, when I expressed to him that I didn't want to share him, he reassured me that he also doesn't want that. He made it clear that he wants to be with me but also wants to give me the exclusive freedom to see other men if it makes me happy and fulfilled. At first, I was worried that he didn't want me in his life anymore, but he explained that his intentions were purely about my happiness and fulfillment, not about wanting someone else or breaking up. He just wants me to consider trying this new dynamic
So he wouldn’t see other people?
And you just have to set good rules and see what works for you
If it’s just about fun, you can say just one night stands, or just friends with benefits nothing to serious…
So many options
But if you don’t want to, don’t let yourself,pressured into it…
It’s not for everyone, nothing wrong with being monogamous if that is what makes you happy!

The love and trust required is philosophical,I have rarely seen it work without complete detachment from the couple

So he wouldn’t see other people?
And you just have to set good rules and see what works for you
If it’s just about fun, you can say just one night stands, or just friends with benefits nothing to serious…
So many options
But if you don’t want to, don’t let yourself,pressured into it…
It’s not for everyone, nothing wrong with being monogamous if that is what makes you happy!
But what I want to know is, is this normal? Just think about it: you're in a relationship, and your wife is having sex in another room. How would that feel?

The love and trust required is philosophical,I have rarely seen it work without complete detachment from the couple
That's what I'm worried about. What if it's just his fantasy, and even if we try, what if it doesn't work? It will just end up ruining our relationship. And after committing to this, there is no turning back.

Why wouldn’t it be normal?
The idea of monogamy is pushed upon us
You can love more then one kid of you have kids
Why should we only love one person for our entire life?

That's what I'm worried about. What if it's just his fantasy, and even if we try, what if it doesn't work? It will just end up ruining our relationship. And after committing to this, there is no turning back.
You can go back
I’ve know couples who have tried an open relationship, figured out it wasn’t for them and just went back to how,it was before

Why wouldn’t it be normal?
The idea of monogamy is pushed upon us
You can love more then one kid of you have kids
Why should we only love one person for our entire life?
The human brain thinks differently about possession, attachment and relationship.

Has to be a two way street. I.e. in all honesty, you both met when single and declared it at the outset. Or it's a latent desire for both of you.

If it's been years together and suddenly one of you fancies it, can see it being a road to disaster.

My current GF for instance is way, way too insecure. She needs to be the only one. Meanwhile, I can easily separate sex from love and happily be committed to her, while have kink sex elsewhere.

Has to be a two way street. I.e. in all honesty, you both met when single and declared it at the outset. Or it's a latent desire for both of you.

If it's been years together and suddenly one of you fancies it, can see it being a road to disaster.

My current GF for instance is way, way too insecure. She needs to be the only one. Meanwhile, I can easily separate sex from love and happily be committed to her, while have kink sex elsewhere.
He brought up this topic. But after discussing it with people here, I feel like he sees me as nothing but a sexual object, to give someone after he's satisfied.

In my experience, open relationships simply don't work. I say that knowing full well that some people are in them, and stay in them. Like a friend of mine, Dan. He's in an open relationship - only it doesn't really apply to him. I know he enjoys that, but being totally honest, I'd wish for him to grow some better confidence, and find a woman who doesn't enjoy torturing him. I've been in open relationships myself, but only because none of us really wanted to commit.

If you want an open relationship, it should be by choice, by both parties. And if it is to last, it needs to either be an equal thing - or deliberately unequal, like in the case of my poor friend Dan.

But what I want to know is, is this normal? Just think about it: you're in a relationship, and your wife is having sex in another room. How would that feel?
That's probably the point either it turns him on or he just wants to explore himself so he's allowing you to give him permission. Its going to be traumatic for some but a fantasy for others.

He brought up this topic. But after discussing it with people here, I feel like he sees me as nothing but a sexual object, to give someone after he's satisfied.
Sad that you feel that way, do you have an interest in it?

His satisfaction would come from knowing you’re the satisfaction of other guys or seeing it in person, which is his goal. The thought arouses him. He wants you to be a slut. Might as well knock your socks off and enjoy yourself! ;)

Sad that you feel that way, do you have an interest in it?
I've always been monogamous. This is the first time I've been asked about this. Our family is very traditional, so I've never entertained this idea before. I don't want to jeopardize our relationship, but I'm open to experiencing new things. However, I'm also very scared because it might hurt him.

I've always been monogamous. This is the first time I've been asked about this. Our family is very traditional, so I've never entertained this idea before. I don't want to jeopardize our relationship, but I'm open to experiencing new things. However, I'm also very scared because it might hurt him.
Hurt him?

Back