The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
7cf5557310614df15f39687b5c7ee136.jpg

;)

Yaaaaaas. Preach.

The roof is actually steel but the sound is about the same. ;)

Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and jelly sounds like breakfast to me. :)

Café au lait, tortilla with avocado, feta cheese and hot sauce for breakfast. The snow is slowly turning to slush, fortunately without ice. I'm not sure what the day's occupation will be but tonight there is a wine tasting at the club. And the chef's appetizers are not to be missed!

Café au lait, tortilla with avocado, feta cheese and hot sauce for breakfast. The snow is slowly turning to slush, fortunately without ice. I'm not sure what the day's occupation will be but tonight there is a wine tasting at the club. And the chef's appetizers are not to be missed!

Omg. And I had coffee and a banana. Then more coffee....

This may not be the right place to post this - if someone wants to suggest another forum, I'll post it there instead.
I've just had a story rejected because the boy admitted he had sex with a girl when he was 16. This was only alluded to (with no particulars) and was only part of the prelude to the story.
I'm curious as to what other underage activities of a sexual nature are not allowed. Masturbation, kissing, watching sex videos, using sexual toys like anal plugs, etc.? Thanks for any info.

This may not be the right place to post this - if someone wants to suggest another forum, I'll post it there instead.
I've just had a story rejected because the boy admitted he had sex with a girl when he was 16. This was only alluded to (with no particulars) and was only part of the prelude to the story.
I'm curious as to what other underage activities of a sexual nature are not allowed. Masturbation, kissing, watching sex videos, using sexual toys like anal plugs, etc.? Thanks for any info.

Well, this is, perhaps, not the best place to put such a question, but there are several threads where this matter is dealt with.
Look for UKSNOWY, who posted a similar question.

Good Luck,

PS. Look in your PM Inbox.

Last edited:
And with that, and as it is post tea time, I think a glass of something.
Some sort of coffee liqueur perhaps ?

One cuppa tea coming up.

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I'm all set for my visit to the VA clinic in Lufkin. I have to be there at eight. No coffee or food after midnight tonight. Don't these people realize i run on caffeine? A 45 mile drive with no caffeine. Of course they are forecasting rain for the AM. :rolleyes:

Rain on a metal roof? Ugh. Sounds like a television show's rapid fire machine guns and keeps me from sleeping. Now, rain falling on dirt lulls me to sleep.

I would love some hot chocolate, please. :)

Rain on a metal roof? Ugh. Sounds like a television show's rapid fire machine guns and keeps me from sleeping. Now, rain falling on dirt lulls me to sleep.

I would love some hot chocolate, please. :)

I was just having a hot chocolate while I write. It even looks similar to this (whipped cream and dulce de leche. Mmmmmmm. Let me make you one.....

hot-chocolate.jpg

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I'm all set for my visit to the VA clinic in Lufkin. I have to be there at eight. No coffee or food after midnight tonight. Don't these people realize i run on caffeine? A 45 mile drive with no caffeine. Of course they are forecasting rain for the AM. :rolleyes:

Fun fun fun. Mind, I'd rather drive in the rain than the snow. But at least you have the coffee to look forward to afterwards

In the world of management consulting, it's well known that the standard consultant's lunch is coffee and a banana at your desk, in your client's office. :(

Really? :eek: - I usually do better than that but I was late this morning. Had to buy lunch as well and I prefer making my own and taking it in. Far healthier. But today I just got some soup and french bread. And another banana. And coffee. LOL. Now if I got paid as a consultant as well, I'd be happy.

II married a dude who hates coffee. It ranks as one of his biggest character flaws. Cheers for not linking yourself to someone with a similar flaw.

The horror! Not liking coffee? Nooooooo! Mind you, my partner is not the coffee addict that I am. I probably overdo it. I even steal his coffee when he's not looking when we're out somewhere and I've finished mine. Fortunately for me, he laughs. Mind you, he steals my desserts...

I got woke up three times last night from the sound of rain on the tin roof.

I love that sound, it's just so relaxing. Snow falling on the roof just isn't the same.

asian-girl-with-laptop-vector-434602.jpg

And now, back to writing for another hour. STILL working on my Valentine's story and it's not done and I have now exceeded 50k words and I have two scenes left to finish before I submit it :eek:

Last edited:
One cuppa tea coming up.

Thank you. :kiss: Good luck tomorrow.

Really? :eek: - I usually do better than that but I was late this morning. Had to buy lunch as well and I prefer making my own and taking it in. Far healthier. But today I just got some soup and french bread. And another banana. And coffee. LOL. Now if I got paid as a consultant as well, I'd be happy.
BUT ... consultants don't get paid the way people think we are. The clients pay a lot for our time, but we only get a (small) portion of that. One of my clients paid $320/hour for my time, for a year. I got a fraction of that :(

And as for "healthier" - we're usually travelling away from home and have to grab whatever we can. Seven-Elevens have 2 bananas for $1, so it's a reasonably healthy, quick, inexpensive lunch-on-the-fly...

That, and the fact that I always have a $tarbuck$ card loaded with many $$s...

One cuppa tea coming up.

Good Luck
In the UK, most ex-military visit a regular Doctor (which is free, of course).

Chloe,
You don't think that your should have a go at de-caff, do you ?

Chloe,
You don't think that your should have a go at de-caff, do you ?

Decaf? That word will never pass my lips. I'm at work or i'd come up with a good image to go with the thought:D but I'll have to default. I am currently about to inhale a large mug of Columbian / Hazelnut blend. It smells divine. I'm having a religious moment here.

I'm home a half gallon low on blood but I have a flu shot and pneumonia shot. After much poking and prodding they have confirmed i am not dead or likely to die in the next couple of months. After that, I have a new appointment. I have all new medications across the board.

Next time I get x-rays plus labs. Then I'll be low on blood and glow in the dark. :)

I had nothing to eat since 10PM and no coffee or breakfast until after 12. I am savoring my coffee as I type.

Ok, fresh coffee is available and the kettle is hot.

Glad to hear all is well Tx. :rose:

I'll sit a minute, and have a coffee; I've been cooking since before noon, so I could use a cuppa while everything cools. Now that my freezer is finally clear of all of the holiday goodies, I can restock.

I made myself a nice big batch of pierogi dough, made up several different fillings, and rolled, filled, pinched, and boiled until I ran out of dough. I also made half a dozen golabki while making some of the fillings. :D

I am far happier than I should be, but I love when everything is fresh, and home-made.

I'm home a half gallon low on blood but I have a flu shot and pneumonia shot. After much poking and prodding they have confirmed i am not dead or likely to die in the next couple of months. After that, I have a new appointment. I have all new medications across the board.

Next time I get x-rays plus labs. Then I'll be low on blood and glow in the dark. :)

I had nothing to eat since 10PM and no coffee or breakfast until after 12. I am savoring my coffee as I type.

Ok, fresh coffee is available and the kettle is hot.

Have you noticed how much nicer coffee (and sometimes, tea) tastes absolutely wonderful after a period of enforced abstinence ?
I had to have a TV camera down my gullet a few years ago, so I wasn't permitted food - or drink. In with the freezer, and then the TV and the submarine's swimming round me vitals. But not permitted a hot drink for a couple of hours later (to give the freezer a chance to dissipate) and then a plastic cup of machine tea.
And it was bloody marvellous.
I tried it again the following day (stupid boy, HP), and it was bloody revolting.

Glad to hear all is well Tx. :rose:

I'll sit a minute, and have a coffee; I've been cooking since before noon, so I could use a cuppa while everything cools. Now that my freezer is finally clear of all of the holiday goodies, I can restock.

I made myself a nice big batch of pierogi dough, made up several different fillings, and rolled, filled, pinched, and boiled until I ran out of dough. I also made half a dozen golabki while making some of the fillings. :D

I am far happier than I should be, but I love when everything is fresh, and home-made.

I'm thankful to Google these days, for telling me all manner of things, especially Polish cooking. I'm not a great cabbage eater, so forgive me please, if I pass on the Golabki.

I'm thankful to Google these days, for telling me all manner of things, especially Polish cooking. I'm not a great cabbage eater, so forgive me please, if I pass on the Golabki.

That's alright, I'm used to that. Somehow Hubby's cabbage always ends up on my plate...usually right before some of the hamburger from mine goes missing... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back