The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is one supposed to do with these little 'capsules' ?

I rarely have my coffee black (a throw-back to an Ulcer) but I do have a fair bit of milk (occasionally cream) and a little sugar, but it seems that it is served in a small cup and jet black.

Ah well, back to the kitchen.

Use a bigger cup and cut it with hot water.

The rain is moving in with mixed hail and high wind. Hot chocolate is in order me thinks.

Water for me. I've been going over stories from the junk folder to see if I can salvage anything.

Water for me. I've been going over stories from the junk folder to see if I can salvage anything.

One water coming up. :rose: :kiss:

Ah yes, walking through the scrapyard of the mind. Some lovely pieces here, some rubbish there, some nipped pieces, a rusty looking thing over there. Wipe some of the rust away. Hmmm, this might do if i attach this here and that there.

Ya never know what you will find when ya go dumpster diving. ;)

Really! The most recent chapter of Horner Springs was cobbled together from two other abortive chapters that just didn't work. But when I put them together I was reasonably pleased.

...Hard water will make any coffee bitter. Not to mention screwing up a good coffee maker.

Agreed.

I always use filtered water in my Keurig and in my espresso machine.

...I do have a fair bit of milk (occasionally cream)...

It's a Brit thing. (I'm a displaced Brit, living here in the former colonies :))

Brits usually have coffee with milk, not cream. I've been in the U.S. for over 20 years and still far prefer milk in my coffee. Half-and-half is only half as good as milk, IMO.

Another round of storms firing up. This one with lots of thunder and lightening.

I think a movie and another round of Hot Chocolate is in order.

I used to spend many happy hours wandering around in Junkyards. Now, you can't find one. I guess it is another sign of the times. One man's junk is another man's pile of crap in the garage. ;)

Have brought in four magnum bottles of Yellowtail Shiraz.

U.S. Figure Skating championship early sessions today and the Australian Tennis Open (Serena Williams just won a match). I have no idea what else might have happened today--and don't care to.

Have brought in four magnum bottles of Yellowtail Shiraz.

U.S. Figure Skating championship early sessions today and the Australian Tennis Open (Serena Williams just won a match). I have no idea what else might have happened today--and don't care to.

With a magnum or two of a half-decent wine, I don't blame you.

We have a sharp frost.
Minus heaven-knows-what, but sharp enough to blanket the roof of the car.

I'd better go make my breakfast; with real coffee.

I keep doing that but the heap of junk is much larger than my list of posted stories. One that had been sitting since I failed to complete it for last year's Valentine contest is now pending.

Last night I was looking at two posted but incomplete stories. The draft conclusions have been festering for years.

I need more coffee or alcohol in moderation before I can face those two again.

Another round of storms firing up. This one with lots of thunder and lightening.

I think a movie and another round of Hot Chocolate is in order.

I used to spend many happy hours wandering around in Junkyards. Now, you can't find one. I guess it is another sign of the times. One man's junk is another man's pile of crap in the garage. ;)

We still have two here. They were very useful over the years. I had brothers who worked on cars if I could find parts.

I have stories that I have started and not finished but I don't consider them junk. I will finish them eventually. I just picked one up to work on again actually. But what I do, I have a Pinterest board that I pin stories prompts and ideas to, and one for photos that inspire. When I just want inspiration, I scroll through and write down any prompts that jump out at me in my current mood. It has been very useful.

First coffee here. It's blissfully quiet for some reason.

We still have two here. They were very useful over the years. I had brothers who worked on cars if I could find parts.

I have stories that I have started and not finished but I don't consider them junk. I will finish them eventually. I just picked one up to work on again actually. But what I do, I have a Pinterest board that I pin stories prompts and ideas to, and one for photos that inspire. When I just want inspiration, I scroll through and write down any prompts that jump out at me in my current mood. It has been very useful.

First coffee here. It's blissfully quiet for some reason.

If I promise to sit quietly, may I join you for a coffee ?

I didn't get to bed until the noisy ass storms got out of here so i slept in a little. Second day with new meds. They about make a breakfast with a little milk. :rolleyes:

Coffee is ready. I'm munching on wheat toast with butter and jam.

I have several unfinished story folders and a cuts and snips fold. Those are the bits and pieces that got cut that were longer than a sentence or two. That's my junk folder. The left overs from where I stopped, backed up and took a left instead of the right. The paragraphs to pages that were left after i went too far past the ending. I hate seeing the ending in the rear view mirror as i drive past.

No coffee pot. But going to watch my Keurig machine produce another cup of coffee and then off to book reviewing, figure skating, and tennis.

Thick cut pork chops for supper.

Now it's time to relax. I started a new story, why I don't know but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now... not so much. I still like the premise but... getting there should be short and sweet. This ain't it.

:kiss: Quiet time is over. Husband and child are up. I'm going to make a cheese omelet and then another cuppa before starting the day. What are you drinking?

At the time you wrote that, I was just finishing my lunch.
Coffee a bit later, I think.

No coffee pot. But going to watch my Keurig machine produce another cup of coffee and then off to book reviewing, figure skating, and tennis.

It looks a bit too complicated for me, I fear.
How does the coffee powder go in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back