Stuff

Oh.....so I've been cooking with butter wrong this whole time???? (Kidding.)

Yeah, other than that I've got nothing. Happy Friday? Although I'm unemployed now so they are all the same to me.... 2015 suckfest continues. I'll enjoy my pithy severance and collect unemployment until I find something else (which I already have ONE interview lined up). I'm telling you, I ever get a kidney stone again I will just let that fucker pass on its own and I don't CARE if they say it has to be surgically removed. Two months later I've had blood clots in my arm from "trauma from the IV", hospital-acquired MRSA that won't go away (basically septic thrombophlebitis) and missed a lot of work so finally was told "it's not working" and was "let go." Coincidentally, this was the day AFTER I had to request a long lunch for another doctor's appointment but said I would flex my time to make up the hours.

Oh well. I'm on the mend. This round of antibiotics is working and the blood clots are gone finally. And why would I want to work for a company who will dump you the moment you get sick?

You got...all the modern Biblical plagues at once.

How does it feel to be modern gender-swapped Job?

And you still have a fucking ssense of humor?!

I have a new hero!

You got...all the modern Biblical plagues at once.

How does it feel to be modern gender-swapped Job?

And you still have a fucking ssense of humor?!

I have a new hero!

No shit! I mean my life has progressed from just being a bad country song (divorced, moved out of my house into a small apartment, blah, blah, blah) to my mom's employee is CONVINCED I have a demon attached to me. But she is also convinced demons are responsible for the Paris attack, ISIS, and her husband's cancer. Hmmm, maybe she thinks I am the demon?????

And honestly, for the two months I was sick I was so stressed that now I'm just like fuck it. I'm healthy(ish). A job is a job. My health, now that's some scary shit. Worst case I move back in with my parents and listen to their nagging me about dating men with good 401Ks while I still have my looks (because my brains and sense of humor apparently don't count for too much). :devil:

Think Laurel would be up for changing my name to JobRevisted? (Teasing!) What about Jobette? Lol.

No shit! I mean my life has progressed from just being a bad country song (divorced, moved out of my house into a small apartment, blah, blah, blah) to my mom's employee is CONVINCED I have a demon attached to me. But she is also convinced demons are responsible for the Paris attack, ISIS, and her husband's cancer. Hmmm, maybe she thinks I am the demon?????

And honestly, for the two months I was sick I was so stressed that now I'm just like fuck it. I'm healthy(ish). A job is a job. My health, now that's some scary shit. Worst case I move back in with my parents and listen to their nagging me about dating men with good 401Ks while I still have my looks (because my brains and sense of humor apparently don't count for too much). :devil:

Think Laurel would be up for changing my name to JobRevisted? (Teasing!) What about Jobette? Lol.

Bless you and your hard but expertly won perspective.

Your mom sounds like my brother. Gayness -caused by demons. Independent female though -Definitely demons.

Jobette fits the Country theme!

Bless you and your hard but expertly won perspective.

Your mom sounds like my brother. Gayness -caused by demons. Independent female though -Definitely demons.

Jobette fits the Country theme!

Jobette with a foul mouth (as apparently I lost my filter in there). ;)

Jobette with a foul mouth (as apparently I lost my filter in there). ;)

Yeah, I swear like crazy. Called them 'mommy words' to my kids and told them they would eventually earn the right to them as they got older...both kids now firmly in 'you can say fuck in front of me.' territory.

Someone said 'you kiss your mother with that mouth?' To my son and he said 'You haven't met my mom, if anything I'm the one in danger.'

Ulaven's newest batch of mead is done, he made up the recipe...cherry juice and honey.

It is. So. Damned. Good.

tumblr_nwynkuBl1W1rmsjpco1_500.jpg

Hey! girlsmiley!

I saw someone else who repurposes Bratz dolls...

Malala Yousafsi and J. K. Rowling

tumblr_ny4u8dcKEi1qkvbwso1_500.png

Frida Kahlo/Jane Goodall

tumblr_inline_ny4ueojHgm1sjh1ps_540.jpg

Roberta Bondar/Waris Dirie

tumblr_inline_ny4uf04MIj1sjh1ps_540.jpg

Hmmm, this seems to not be working on me, thank goodness. I've had two recent propositions where the individual's finances were thrown at me, perhaps in an effort to appeal to this very concept. I would be settling, however, and I refuse to settle ever again. I'd rather struggle on my own. :)

Hmmm, this seems to not be working on me, thank goodness. I've had two recent propositions where the individual's finances were thrown at me, perhaps in an effort to appeal to this very concept. I would be settling, however, and I refuse to settle ever again. I'd rather struggle on my own. :)

I'm genuinely curious here....how do propositions include finances? As in, they offered to pay you for sex? :eek:

It is also science that predators use bait...so...

I'm with you on the no settling.

I'm genuinely curious here....how do propositions include finances? As in, they offered to pay you for sex? :eek:

Lol - proposition may be the wrong word. Not enough coffee yet.

But I got divorced in the past year and well-meaning friends are always trying to fix me up. The last two friends have started with "I have this friend" or "I know this guy....he makes great money." Um, what about he like to read (like me) or he has a killer sense of humor (because I'm rather sarcastic). One individual I did actually interact with and his personality was a total non-match, but even HE kept telling me what a great job he had, how he was financially stable, blah, blah, blah.

And I don't even WANT to imagine sex with them, paid or unpaid. :eek: (because the vomit icon doesn't exist)

Lol - proposition may be the wrong word. Not enough coffee yet.

But I got divorced in the past year and well-meaning friends are always trying to fix me up. The last two friends have started with "I have this friend" or "I know this guy....he makes great money." Um, what about he like to read (like me) or he has a killer sense of humor (because I'm rather sarcastic). One individual I did actually interact with and his personality was a total non-match, but even HE kept telling me what a great job he had, how he was financially stable, blah, blah, blah.

And I don't even WANT to imagine sex with them, paid or unpaid. :eek: (because the vomit icon doesn't exist)

I suppose it's a mating coping thing, if there's nothing else that is...actually attractive and not just the potential for comfort.

I really, really love the trends of guerilla knitting and guerilla landscaping.

They're some of the best, weirdest acts of random kindness.

Back