I would like to get to know all of you better, but...

This fellah's got it. LAUREEEEEEEEELLEEEEE!!! Where the fuck is she?

Sister Mary Mayhem.

Forgive me Father *schwack* for I have sinned *schwack* it has been 20 minutes *schwack* since my last *schwack* OOOhoo, oh, oh, aaahhh...

All this time I've been pronouncing it Fought-A.

She worded it wrong, it's pronounced Fate-uh. Americans don't pronounce later the way Brits do. Either way, I'm just glad I've been saying her name right. POINTS!

She worded it wrong, it's pronounced Fate-uh. Americans don't pronounce later the way Brits do. Either way, I'm just glad I've been saying her name right. POINTS!

Here I was trying to say Fater. Hmmm that rhymes with later.

I just did an accent quiz, it says I'm a cross between Lincoln, Denver, and Reno. I grew up in Cali!

I just did an accent quiz, it says I'm a cross between Lincoln, Denver, and Reno. I grew up in Cali!

How can an online quiz pinpoint an area dialect??

You're one of the few! :heart:

Simple really. Fata Morgana is another version of Morgan Le Fay. Fay not Fah.

By the words you say may be a different word choice for someone else in the country.

Do you say roly poly or potato bug? Lol

I think this is the one I took.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

I am a cross between somewhere called Yonkers, which sounds like a hunting call, New York, and Honolulu, which I gather is some way from the others. Most illuminating - thank you for drawing it to my attention.

In other words, it's REALLY accurate. lolz

Wow, I totally wasn't excepting that turn around! I was convinced I'd be on your bad side forever and it made me terribly sad. You made my day! :kiss:

Kbate loves a good red herring. She's a super soldier and a top-flite, deep cover, covert operative.

She lies and tells the truth at the same time.

Be advised.

I am a cross between somewhere called Yonkers, which sounds like a hunting call, New York, and Honolulu, which I gather is some way from the others. Most illuminating - thank you for drawing it to my attention.

I heard you on an audio thread, you definitely are not from Yonkers.

I also learned other peeps in the country have drive thru liquor stores? How ingenious, if you're not drunk driving, I never knew of such a thing.

Back