Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cast Iron Frying Pan Pizza

(I would not try this, if you are very drunk- Burned hands!)
http://sweetasacookie.com/best-cast-iron-pizza/#_a5y_p=3131267

Add sauce, cheese, and toppings to the risen dough.
Start cooking the pizza on a stove-top burner on medium high for 3 minutes.
Place in preheated oven and bake about 12 minutes (if oven is at 550* F, if your oven temp. is lower cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until golden).
Be careful when removing from the oven, the pizza will be extremely hot, Enjoy!

Cast Iron Frying Pan Pizza

(I would not try this, if you are very drunk- Burned hands!)
http://sweetasacookie.com/best-cast-iron-pizza/#_a5y_p=3131267

Add sauce, cheese, and toppings to the risen dough.
Start cooking the pizza on a stove-top burner on medium high for 3 minutes.
Place in preheated oven and bake about 12 minutes (if oven is at 550* F, if your oven temp. is lower cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until golden).
Be careful when removing from the oven, the pizza will be extremely hot, Enjoy!

I usually cook the dough first so it gets crispy, then add the toppings and put back in the oven. This has become my favorite way to make thin crust pizza!

I usually cook the dough first so it gets crispy, then add the toppings and put back in the oven. This has become my favorite way to make thin crust pizza!

This is acceptable until you have a wood fired brick oven in the back yard.

I was in a hurry to make lunch and too tired to put real effort in.

Sautéed mushrooms,
Chopped asparagus
Left over chicken breast, diced.
Ramen noodles
Cup of chicken soup broth left to boil down and steam veggie and noodles.

It was so damn good!

I was in a hurry to make lunch and too tired to put real effort in.

Sautéed mushrooms,
Chopped asparagus
Left over chicken breast, diced.
Ramen noodles
Cup of chicken soup broth left to boil down and steam veggie and noodles.

It was so damn good!

I never eat plain ramon and almost always throw the seasoning packet away. I have often used it to make a pretty good French Onion Soup. I will leave an entire sliced onion on the stove to caramelize, then put in a couple cups of water and some ramen.

Today's lunch:

attachment.php

Attachments

• BaconSpinachAndSweetPepper.jpg
    BaconSpinachAndSweetPepper.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 83
I don't use the seasoning packages, even though I buy only the veggie one to keep the sodium low. Instead I use my own broth. I won't eat them in a soup normally, but love them with a stir fry.

Also - Thor, Im not going to read that article on the Hog Trough. It took me years to get over the drama about Little Caesars Pizza Employees and what they did to the pizza's. And, I don't even eat at that place and never would. Grosssss! Once you see something, you can never unsee it.

Swordfish poached in butter chilli and lime, coriander coconut rice, and snowpea salad for dinner.
Followed by cheesecake (homemade).

I'm feeling creative today :)

:D...

Love the penny tables.

They are okay. I like the hand painted ones at the Abbott Taco King.

Yummm, Thor!

it was!

Also - Thor, Im not going to read that article on the Hog Trough. It took me years to get over the drama about Little Caesars Pizza Employees and what they did to the pizza's. And, I don't even eat at that place and never would. Grosssss! Once you see something, you can never unsee it.

Indeed.

Labeled "Porterhouse" but it looked like a slightly deformed T-bone.

Either way, broiled with a microwaved Sweet Potato, it was delicious.

Attachments

• Steak and Potato.jpg
    Steak and Potato.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 13
A Porterhouse and a T-bone are the same thing.

I feel I should know this.

And RJ, perish the thought. I had to broil it because the propane bottle was empty, so it was closer to medium than I was aiming for, but it was good. In restaurants I order it rare, because if I don't most cooks seem to go rell past medium rare. Better a little blue, than grey.

the long steak is a NY Strip
The small the filet, filet mignon

And if you have this cooked over medium rare, you're a heathen!!!

Do they call it a porterhouse when it is farther along the bone to where it no longer makes the "T?"

I knew that a T-bone is the bone on version of the NY Strip and Filet Mignon, but somehow lost the Porterhouse in my knowledge of butchering.

I feel I should know this.

And RJ, perish the thought. I had to broil it because the propane bottle was empty, so it was closer to medium than I was aiming for, but it was good. In restaurants I order it rare, because if I don't most cooks seem to go rell past medium rare. Better a little blue, than grey.

I had steak at Friday's over the weekend. It was rare, but it was hot inside. I don't know how they did it. Fucker fell apart when I cut it LOL

Do they call it a porterhouse when it is farther along the bone to where it no longer makes the "T?"

I knew that a T-bone is the bone on version of the NY Strip and Filet Mignon, but somehow lost the Porterhouse in my knowledge of butchering.

It's Porterhouse when they want the price to be $2-4 dollars more LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back