Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that have been nuked (to kill off bacteria and such, and to make the produce last longer than normal) were required to have this little sun symbol, on them.
I keep looking, but I never have spotted it. I have been looking, for years.

We will have to look for the Arctic label. *sigh*

I didn't know that!!

ETA: This??

*now will spend hours at the market shopping...when I can't get what I want straight from the farmers*

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
yikes! I have been looking for the yellow symbol.. I forgot about the green one.

April 27, 2014

"Irradiated ingredients end up in processed foods that fill refrigerated and frozen-food cases in grocery stores throughout the United States. None of those products have to carry a special label."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...406d3c-cbbe-11e3-95f7-7ecdde72d2ea_story.html

Pasteurized might mean irradiated, in 2015 ? Pasteur used heat, not radiation.

Holy crap the red chili sauce I made for my enchies turned out spicy, the kids are gonna be crying tonight!

Like my dad always said, "It puts hair on your chest, Honey."

yikes! I have been looking for the yellow symbol.. I forgot about the green one.

April 27, 2014

"Irradiated ingredients end up in processed foods that fill refrigerated and frozen-food cases in grocery stores throughout the United States. None of those products have to carry a special label."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...406d3c-cbbe-11e3-95f7-7ecdde72d2ea_story.html

Pasteurized might mean irradiated, in 2015 ? Pasteur used heat, not radiation.

Interesting stuff. I guess I need to do some more research.

Fortunately we *try* not to eat a lot of packaged foods and most of our meats, eggs and (some) milk come from our local farms...but still, I guess I need to get a bit more educated.

~*~*~*~

I made chorizo omelets on Saturday...they were yummy!

Also...I love rum raisin ice cream....*sigh*

Holy crap the red chili sauce I made for my enchies turned out spicy, the kids are gonna be crying tonight!

Like my dad always said, "It puts hair on your chest, Honey."

I am glad you wax it.

And what kind of knife is that? I doubt the place I'm going to is going to have a french knife so I'll have to bring my own.

Like this:

dsc_0134.jpg

I have a cheapo one with a plastic handle and a blade about 12 - 14 inches long that's great for pizza. It's stainless and goes in the dishwasher and it sharpens easy. Bought it from Grainger Supply.

That looks very interesting.

I know you are wondering why go through all this trouble to use salted codfish, can’t you just use regular white flesh fish. Well, it is the same as comparing prosciutto to ham.

Completely out of my realm of experience. I see some dried fish in Asian markets but have no idea how they are used.

Like this:

dsc_0134.jpg

I have a cheapo one with a plastic handle and a blade about 12 - 14 inches long that's great for pizza. It's stainless and goes in the dishwasher and it sharpens easy. Bought it from Grainger Supply.

Good idea, thanks! I took my 10 incher with and it worked great.

Looks delicious!! Will Larry get a bite?

I'm jealous, I'm having Spaghetti Squash Casserole...and wine. They're yummy, but the goat looks better.

Larry had a bunch when I was trimming it up. It was running around, frolicking this morning.

It's kinda gruesome... but I like to eat.

One of my girlfriends raises them...she keeps posting the cutest baby goat videos on Facebook. I told Grumpy I need to stop watching them, 'cause it's making it difficult to eat the goat meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back